1. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 01:27
    I would be curious to hear the perspective of those who believe in the God of the bible on what the Nephilim are as mentioned in Genisis...

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (Genesis 6:4 NASB)

-K
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 02:18
    It is my understanding that these were the offspring of the women who had slept with 'the fallen angels'.

I have read that it may have been part of Satans plan to 'muddy up' or destroy the blood line of Christ.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 03:19
    aliens
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 16:31
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    I would be curious to hear the perspective of those who believe in the God of the bible on what the Nephilim are as mentioned in Genisis...

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (Genesis 6:4 NASB)

-K
    Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim
  5. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 16:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    aliens
    Horny aliens sounds more likely than horny fallen angels.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 00:34

-K
    I'll just add that last time I mentioned the Nephilim in this thread, all I got was a bunch of huh? wha? and what manner of witchcraft is this? so that should tell you something.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 00:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'll just add that last time I mentioned the Nephilim in this thread, all I got was a bunch of huh? wha? and what manner of witchcraft is this? so that should tell you something.
    What would you add on the OP? Any thoughts, opinions or otherwise?

-K
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 00:561 edit
    What would you add on the OP? Any thoughts, opinions or otherwise?

-K
    There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown. -- Genesis 6:4, KJV

The sons of God were the fallen angels, cast out of Heaven with Lucifer. The daughters of men were, well, daughters of men.

The Nephilim were their offspring, giants, "mighty men which were of old, men of renown".

This, of course, was a bad thing, and many have cited this verse as one more of God's reasons for the Flood, to eliminate this group of beings.

There are people who claim these beings were indeed giants, 7 to 8 feet tall, some even taller, usually with six fingers upon each hand. They claim there have been remains of these beings found many places around the world.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Horny aliens sounds more likely than horny fallen angels.
    These women must have been very beautiful and sexy for angels to become horny. Just imagine how beautiful and sexy God must have made Eve. Adam even ate the forbidden fruit and gave up his soul for her. What a woman. WOW!
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 01:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    These women must have been very beautiful and sexy for angels to become horny. Just imagine how beautiful and sexy God must have made Eve. Adam even ate the forbidden fruit and gave up his soul for her. What a woman.
    Au contraire, mon frere.

Not necessarily. These were fallen angels, and therefore already evil. It might not have taken much to get them ready to go, if you get my meaning.

Although I do remember reading something (I can't remember from where) about the sons of God looking upon the daughters of men and "finding them fair".
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 01:35
    There were giants in the earth in those days; ,,,[text shortened]...

There are people who claim these beings were indeed giants, 7 to 8 feet tall, some even taller, usually with six fingers upon each hand. They claim there have been remains of these beings found many places around the world.
    Ok, it begs the question... Where the sons of God in human form? How do you think they 'hooked up' with the daughters of men. Was this a physical relationship or something else, in your opinion?

-K
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 14:46
    Ok, it begs the question... Where the sons of God in human form? How do you think they 'hooked up' with the daughters of men. Was this a physical relationship or something else, in your opinion?

-K
    Since offspring was created, I guess it had to be physical, don't you think?
  13. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 15:10
    Since offspring was created, I guess it had to be physical, don't you think?
    So no romantic virgin conception for these ladies, they just got humped by big hulking types with six fingers.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 15:39

-K
    wiki says they lived in caanan, i wonder if that has anything to do with gods hatred of the caananites?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 19:38
    Seeing is believing; here is some concrete scientific evidence:

http://www.propheticvoice.co.uk/Nephilim_-_Biblical_Giants