1. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 20:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Seeing is believing; here is some concrete scientific evidence:

http://www.propheticvoice.co.uk/Nephilim_-_Biblical_Giants
    I have heard of this before and seen the pictures. I found the following on Snopes which refutes the claims, not that I fully trust Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

The reason seems to make sense however.

-K
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 20:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Since offspring was created, I guess it had to be physical, don't you think?
    Well I don't know? If they were angels, how does that happen, if men it's obvious. The Bible speaks of Mary (mother of Jesus) getting pregnant without the help of man. Do you believe that is true/possible?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 21:20
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    I have heard of this before and seen the pictures. I found the following on Snopes which refutes the claims, not that I fully trust Snopes.

-K
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>woosh
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 21:33
    Seeing is believing; here is some concrete scientific evidence:

http://www.propheticvoice.co.uk/Nephilim_-_Biblical_Giants
    Concrete scientific evidence that there are people out there who can use photoshop and that some other people are very gullible. Not you, surely, dive?
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 21:34
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>woosh
    Oh right. I'll get my coat...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '12 21:36
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    😉
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 00:20
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Grab your goulashes also it may rain.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 00:53
    Well I don't know? If they were angels, how does that happen, if men it's obvious. The Bible speaks of Mary (mother of Jesus) getting pregnant without the help of man. Do you believe that is true/possible?
    Angels have been known to take human form.

And yes, of course. Mary was a virgin and became with child with no help from a man. Her child was God's son. He was necessarily born without sin. Miracles become possible when God or His agents roam the earth.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 00:58

-K
    Well, the Nephilim were not quite *that* big. They were bigger and stronger than normal men, however.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 01:03
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    wiki says they lived in caanan, i wonder if that has anything to do with gods hatred of the caananites?
    No. God wanted the people living in Canaan as the Hebrews arrived from Egypt eliminated because of their worship of other gods. They were abominations in God's eyes.

This was long after Noah.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 01:17
    Au contraire, mon frere.

Not necessarily. These were fallen angels, and therefore already evil. It might not have taken much to get them ready to go, if you get my meaning.

Although I do remember reading something (I can't remember from where) about the sons of God looking upon the daughters of men and "finding them fair".
    Maybe that is the reason they became known as fallen angels.

YouTube
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 01:18
    Well, the Nephilim were not quite *that* big. They were bigger and stronger than normal men, however.
    Well the pictures are clearly a hoax, but I have heard different people speak on the subject of Nephilim... some with wild ideas. Some believe there is a connection between nephilim, extraterrestials and UFO's. Ever hear of Chuck Missler? Who knows?
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 03:37
    There are two main lines of thought or theology concerning the nephilim. One is that these were the sons of Seth but in context that does not make a lot of sense. The other is that they were indeed a hybrid between angels and humans. In tbat context what or why would these angels want to do this? I would agree that it would be to pollute the line to Christ. If we look at tbe book of Enoch it speaks of these things. I know that the book of Enoch is a questioned book among orthodox Christians but it's quoted by Jude in tbe new testement so we at least know that it was an acknowledged book by Jewish minds of that day. Some argue that angels are spiritual beings and can't mix with flesh but how do we really know what these beings can do ? We know they can interact with this world and have on occasion. Look at Job being inflicted with boils by Satan. Also the term "Sons of God" used in Genesis 6 is the same terms used in Job and it is used to speak of these beings namely angels. I believe the word nephilim means to fall on.

Manny
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 14:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe that is the reason they became known as fallen angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAlMSWX5eI
    No, Ron, they were called fallen angels because they had fallen from Grace, being part of the third of the Host that followed Lucifer out the door of Heaven.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 18:10
    No, Ron, they were called fallen angels because they had fallen from Grace, being part of the third of the Host that followed Lucifer out the door of Heaven.
    2 thousand years from now people will be looking at these biblical fairy tales in the same light as we look at the gods of Rome or Greece.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree