1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 18:38
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I don’t think that threatening people with God’s divine retribution is likely to convert too many people. Take a look at some of the responses in this thread. Perhaps God’s unconditional love for us all would be a better approach. Just a thought…
    Ever considered not trying to convert people?
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:031 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    Ever considered not trying to convert people?
    Are you saying we will become Gods ourselves when we "grow up"? Alright!!! I'm in, man!

I thought you were already one of the gang. What made you switch over to BonScottism? :'(
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:16
    When you say that God freed you from lust, do you mean that he actually took away your sex drive, or is it just that you only desire sex in a scripturally pure way now?
    I mean to say that I am no longer a slave of my sex-drive but I and my fleshly desires are under the control of God's Word.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Firstly, God has filled the vacuum in my soul that He had created. At first I had tried to fill this vacuum in my soul with different types of sin. But none of the sins that I did could satisfy my soul. It was only when God revealed to me the utter hiddeousness of the sin in which I lived that I could cry out to Him to save me. And that He did: I asked him ...[text shortened]... ng, jealousy etc.

* This is just a short summary of a small part of what God has done for me.
    Why did God create a vacuum in your soul?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:19
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    This is quite an interresting e-mail I received about 5 min ago. Half of the people mentioned here I have never heard of in my life, so if this is true or not, well, then I guess I dont know.

Never doubt the Word of God!!!

It is written in the Bible (Gatians 6:7):
    " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he a ...[text shortened]... have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!
    What about the book of Job in the bible? What was Job's reward for faithfulness, hmmmm?
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:21
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    This is quite an interresting e-mail I received about 5 min ago. Half of the people mentioned here I have never heard of in my life, so if this is true or not, well, then I guess I dont know.

Never doubt the Word of God!!!

It is written in the Bible (Gatians 6:7):
    " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he a ...[text shortened]... have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!
    Amen! Glory be unto the highest King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:27
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    For the same reason that He created one in everybody else's - So that He could fill it.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:37
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    What about the book of Job in the bible? What was Job's reward for faithfulness, hmmmm?
    Job 42:10 "And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. 12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning..."
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:38
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Our desire for lasting happiness is the vacuum. God is the only way to fill it.
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Earthly rewards are the lesser fulfillment. Job gained eternity with God.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 19:41
    Ditto. I would add "Our desire for lasting peace and happiness is the vacuum. God is the only way to fill it.
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 20:06
    [b]Are you saying we will become Gods ourselves when we "grow up"? Alright!!! I'm in, man!

I thought you were already one of the gang. What made you switch over to BonScottism? :'([/b]
    Now whatever gave you that idea? 😀 One of the gang. Pffft... I'm a free soul. Haven't you noticed?
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 20:07
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I mean to say that I am no longer a slave of my sex-drive but I and my fleshly desires are under the control of God's Word.
    So, basically, God tells you when it's alright to copulate?
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 20:10
    Interesting. God created us so that He could fill us. We're sort of a... bed/house kind of thing for God?..
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 20:31
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Amen! Glory be unto the highest King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
    YES!!! Halleluuuja! Bon Scott!!!

"Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT
    Done Dirt Cheap
    Neckties, contracts, high voltage
    Done Dirt Cheap"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree