1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 20:42
    Originally posted by stocken
    So, basically, God tells you when it's alright to copulate?
    I have never touched a girl and by the grace of God the first girl that I'll touch will be my wife on our wedding day.

God ordained sex for marriage and that is its rightful place.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 20:46
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Job 42:10 "And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. 12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning..."
    There are some things you can't replace. Find me a parent who says: "Oh, it's really okay that my child was killed, I got two more children later." Now if the only purpose of killing Job's children was to test Job, why didn't God just pretend that they had been killed, or - since everything is possible for God - bring them back to life when the test was over?
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:00
    I have never touched a girl and by the grace of God the first girl that I'll touch will be my wife on our wedding day.

God ordained sex for marriage and that is its rightful place.
    So God does tell you when you can copulate? Through your wife-to-be, of course.

(I'm just playing with you. No offense. 😉 I have no problem with your christian views. I just wish that you all back off a little and stop trying to convert all the time. Spirituality is not merely reserved for christians, you know.)
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:02
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    There are some things you can't replace. Find me a parent who says: "Oh, it's really okay that my child was killed, I got two more children later." Now if the only purpose of killing Job's children was to test Job, why didn't God just pretend that they had been killed, or - since everything is possible for God - bring them back to life when the test was over?
    Just a slight correction here. God did not kill Jobs children. It was Satan. God only gave Satan permission to do as he pleased. This shows Satan's viciousness and hatred of mankind by choosing to kill Job's children.

God promises that everything works together for the good for those who love Him. Job, knowing this, was able to accept it out of God's hand, eventhough it was a very painful experience.

I believe that in a sitaution like this, the believer in God has the upper hand over the non-believer. I can't see how a non-believer could have handled a situation like this, as Job did. And we read that Job, who was willing to accept this from God's hand, was twice as blessed as he origionally was.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:081 edit
    Just a slight correction here. God did not kill Jobs children. It was Satan. God only gave Satan permission to do as he pleased. This shows Satan's viciousness and hatred of mankind by choosing to kill Job's children.
    What's the difference? If God had the ability to save Job's kids from murder by simply stating "No you may not" yet He didn't, then I would say that He shares some of the responsibility.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:08
    Just a slight correction here. God did not kill Jobs children. It was Satan. God only gave Satan permission to do as he pleased.
    I think you, as I, could use a good nights sleep. And if it's not bed-time over there, you should probably consider a nap, at the very least.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:09
    Originally posted by stocken
    So God does tell you when you can copulate? Through your wife-to-be, of course.

(I'm just playing with you. No offense. 😉 I have no problem with your christian views. I just wish that you all back off a little and stop trying to convert all the time. Spirituality is not merely reserved for christians, you know.)
    Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

This is the command of Christ. If I do not obey this command, would I really be a Christian?

I think it's time you get used to it... 😉
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:141 edit
    Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

This is the command of Christ. If I do not obey this command, would I really be a Christian?

I think it's time you get used to it... 😉
    Yea well, Bon Scott just told me: "You should get out there and kick some christian butt! Ridicule them if necessary. Do their wifes to be if you have to. But stop their every attempt to convert you or you will find yourself sniffing my womit-drenched armpit in your afterlife! The christian God is nothing compared to me!!!"

He was really mad too, so... what's the telephone number to your wife-to-be? Cause I wouldn't want to ridicule you. That would be mean.

[Edit: An address would work too, by the way.]
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What's the difference? If God had the ability to save Job's kids from murder by simply stating "No you may not" yet He didn't, then I would say that He shares some of the responsibility.
    God did not plan or execute the murders. I hope you see the difference. We as humans cannot see into the future and thus cannot make a sound evaluation of the situation at a specific time. We are also not able to understand God's ways and his thoughts and thus we are but able to cling to his promise that everything works together for the good for those that love Him.

In my own life I have always found this promise to be true. Eventhough there are many things that have happened that I did not understand at the moment, I have always been able to look back at situations and see God's divine hand in it which has always been for my good.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:34
    For the same reason that He created one in everybody else's - So that He could fill it.
    So God created a hole just so He could feel important by filling it?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:36
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Our desire for lasting happiness is the vacuum. God is the only way to fill it.
    If you had a life you wouldn't need to be so vacuous.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:42
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Yes...similar to the way Microsoft tried tying its own web server to its operating system. dj2's God is a malign thug; but He is an enterprising malign thug.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:44
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    God created a hole in you that only He could fill, so that when you try filling it with anything other than Himself you will still feel empty. That will ensure that you will never be satisfied untill He has completely filled you with Himself.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:47
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yes...similar to the way Microsoft tried tying its own web server to its operating system. dj2's God is a malign thug; but He is an enterprising malign thug.
    'tis sad to see these guys distort the religion, too.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 21:481 edit
    God created a hole in you that only He could fill, so that when you try filling it with anything other than Himself you will still feel empty. That will ensure that you will never be satisfied untill He has completely filled you with Himself.
    That's such a waste of a good hole, tho.

btw mine's an exit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree