Never mock god!

Never mock god!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Ever hear of a crater?
Yes. Ever seen the crater that was left by a meteor that hit the earth 65 million years ago?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nicksten
Yes. Ever seen the crater that was left by a meteor that hit the earth 65 million years ago?
Not personally but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater

Cape Town

Moves
14 Nov 06

Some of you have had to had read this e-mail before, if not, here it is...

What do you think about this?
What do I think?

I think that I could give an even longer list of people who died horrible deaths after having worshiped God. Unless somebody can show that everyone who mocks God dies horribly within a significantly short space of time then it would be hard to show a relationship. I can think of a large number of God mockers who are alive and well.

I also think that chain mail is a misuse of a virtually free service (email) and generally serves no useful purpose but rather is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Not personally but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater
of the amount of force described here, wouldnt there of been more damage to the area?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
What do I think?

I think that I could give an even longer list of people who died horrible deaths after having worshiped God. Unless somebody can show that everyone who mocks God dies horribly within a significantly short space of time then it would be hard to show a relationship. I can think of a large number of God mockers who are alive and w ...[text shortened]... vice (email) and generally serves no useful purpose but rather is a waste of time and bandwidth.
I agree with the waste of time and bandwith.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Actually, Thomas Andrews said,

""Truth be known, no ship is unsinkable. The bigger the ship, the easier it is to sink her. I proposed all the watertight compartments and the double hull to slow these ships from sinking. In that way, you get everyone off. There's time for help to arrive, and the ship's less likely to break apart and kill someone while she's goin' down."

Why do you spread lies--in the name of God?
Going to respond to this, Nick?

j

Moves
14 Nov 06
2 edits

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Here are some men and women who mocked loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?
(Mathew 16:26).
I don't see what your point is. The Bible did not say "Never Mock God" it said do not be deceived God is not mocked.

There is a difference. Sure plenty of cracks and jokes have been leveled at the Divine. But God is not mocked. And to think He is is self deception.

You can be self deceived and half a laugh about it. You can be self deceived your whole like and have a lot of laughs and make others laugh. The truth will eventually come out. Then one sees that inevitably God is not mocked.

Anyway, what a man sows he will also reap. The mocker can also repent and sow repentence. Then he will reap reconciliation.

God is not mocked. Want to try? Go ahead. Be self deceived and have a good hearty laugh (for awhile).

Actually it did say that we should not lift up the name of God in vain.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
14 Nov 06

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Here are some men and women who mocked ...[text shortened]... loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?
So let me get this straight.... mock God = death... no God mocking = immortality? So bad things never happen to Christians? Christians never die? Yes, yes, I know that you live on forever in heaven.. I'm refering to physical death. I really don't think

I would like to believe that an all powerful creator is guiding and taking care of me. Sadly, I don't feel that this is the case.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Going to respond to this, Nick?
I can only say that if those were the true words spoken, then...there was no mocking God at all. And the e-mail and all of its contents is a complete lie.

j

Moves
14 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
So let me get this straight.... mock God = death... no God mocking = immortality? So bad things never happen to Christians? Christians never die? Yes, yes, I know that you live on forever in heaven.. I'm refering to physical death. I really don't think

I would like to believe that an all powerful creator is guiding and taking care of me. Sadly, I don't feel that this is the case.
Maybe you just would be better served by reading the Bible prayerfully yourself. Seems you are over driven by what you hear this or that person say. And you seem to gravitate towards the more frivilous and immature sayings.

When you sit down for a turkey dinner, do you hunt through the roast to find bones to choke on?

You do have a Creator lovingly looking over you according to what I read in the Bible. He's doing that and some other things which you might read about yourself.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by jaywill
I don't see what your point is. The Bible did not say "Never Mock God" it said do not be deceived God is not mocked.
From dictionary.com
mock 
–verb (used with object)
1. to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
2. to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.
3. to mimic, imitate, or counterfeit.
4. to challenge; defy: His actions mock convention.
5. to deceive, delude, or disappoint.
–verb (used without object)
6. to use ridicule or derision; scoff; jeer (often fol. by at).
–noun
7. a contemptuous or derisive imitative action or speech; mockery or derision.
8. something mocked or derided; an object of derision.
9. an imitation; counterfeit; fake.
10. Shipbuilding.
a. a hard pattern representing the surface of a plate with a warped form, upon which the plate is beaten to shape after furnacing.
b. bed (def. 23).
–adjective
11. feigned; not real; sham: a mock battle.
—Verb phrase
12. mock up, to build a mock-up of.

Are you claiming that none of the above are possible when it comes to God? Or do you speak a different language than the rest of us?

j

Moves
14 Nov 06
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
From dictionary.com
[i]mock 
–verb (used with object)
1. to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
2. to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.
3. to mimic, imitate, or counterfeit.
4. to challenge; defy: His actions mock convention.
5. to deceive, delude, or disappoint.
–verb (used without object)
6. to ...[text shortened]... ove are possible when it comes to God? Or do you speak a different language than the rest of us?
[/i]

I think my post was pretty self expanatory.

This is like warning "Jumping to your death out of a 40 story building is no joke"

Well technically, sure you can laugh all the way down to the ground. If that is what you mean, OK, you can mock God in that sense.

Happy?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
14 Nov 06

Here are some men and women who mocked ...[text shortened]... loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?
Plus, look what happened to the Freethinkers clan.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
14 Nov 06

Your post is one of the greatest piles of garbage ever typed out by the hand of man. It's an extreme case of biased data selection if ever there was one. You've taken a mere eight samples that seem to agree with your conclusion and have used them in an attempt to demonstrate that people who mock god come to an unpleasant and untimely end. Absolute rubbish.

First of all, as everyone is mortal, they will all die eventually, whether they mock god or not.

Then there are, and have been, many people who have mocked god who have not met and untimely demise. Robert Ingersoll lived to age 65, for example. George Carlin, who has mocked god in the best truest of the word, is currently 69. Bertrand Russell lived to be 98. Richard Dawkins continues to thrive at 65. The list of people who have mocked god and lived a long life and died from natural causes is quite extensive.

Finally, there are tens of thousands of people who died early, tragic deaths who were firm believers in god. Look at every natural disaster, or any large accident. A vast majority of the victims in those instances were god fearing people. Look at the example of the Titanic that you used, a vast majority of the people who lost their lives that day were christians. Some people have claimed that hurricane Katrina was god's wrath against a 'sinful' city. But a vast majority of the victims were christians. Statistics show that there were 42,643 deaths from traffic accidents in 2003. How many of those people do you think mocked god? How many of them were good christians?

The inescapable conclusion is that god has nothing to do with the deaths you listed, and that they are a matter of simple, random chance in action. And finally that you, Nicksten, are a complete and total idiot.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Plus, look what happened to the Freethinkers clan.
The last time I looked, they still had more points than your clan. 😛