1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 23:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Is the pope considered a 'fundementalist'?
    Not by me. I just consider him irrelevant. He and his ilk remind me of this verse.

2 Timothy 3:5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I realise I'm not making any friends with Catholics by this condemnation of the Pope, but it ain't just the Pope. It includes many so called ministers of the gospel in all denominations as well.

I just have a certain disdain for pomp.
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 23:52
    Yep.
    Ever heard of the 'Celestine Prophecy'?
    I read it ,and I hated it. It seemed to sum up the New Age mind set. Nothing is wrong but your outlook. Guilt is a sign of non enlightenement, and you should shun any feelings of guilt, because it is just an illusion. I for one think rational guilt is a sign of not being a complete criminal. People that don't feel guilt over negative actions are self consumed " A Holes ".The Celestine Prophesy is pure bunk.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 23:56
    Is the pope considered a 'fundementalist'?
    Sure the Pope is a fundamentalist. How could he be anything but ? If you truely believe that all the Truth came down to earth through the Bible, then it's cast in stone what you believe. I'm sure the Pope does not think the Bible is a living document, and evolves with the times.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 01:201 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    I read it ,and I hated it. It seemed to sum up the New Age mind set. Nothing is wrong but your outlook. Guilt is a sign of non enlightenement, and you should shun any feelings of guilt, because it is just an illusion. I for one think rational guilt is a sign of not being a complete criminal. People that don't feel guilt over negative actions are self consumed " A Holes ".The Celestine Prophesy is pure bunk.
    Yeah right. I kept meeting all these people that had read it and it became a matter of not if I had read it, but how many others had.
    I only saw the movie.
    I liked the movie, it expoused a lot of the different types of coincidence that take place in an ordinary persons life.

I didn't see no appeal to my 'inner-guilt'-, but no doubt this type of material affects us all differently. Now having said that, dont be such a wuss.
    Negativity is rampant.
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 01:47
    Yeah right. I kept meeting all these people that had read it and it became a matter of not if I had read it, but how many others had.
    I only saw the movie.
    I liked the movie, it expoused a lot of the different types of coincidence that take place in an ordinary persons life.

I didn't see no appeal to my 'inner-guilt'-, but no doubt this type of ...[text shortened]... fects us all differently. Now having said that, dont be such a wuss.
    Negativity is rampant.
    Here is the way I see it. Life has many wonderful things in it, and many horrible things in it. There is a lot of just plain neutral stuff going on all the time. So I don't think it's being negative to point out something that appears to be insane, passing itself off as Higher knowledge. What I think is negative is to not face reality, and paint a bliss ninny view of the world. Truth is what we are after. Not a feel good rub down with New Age mumbo jumbo.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Oct '09 05:22
    U never had no JW's at your door?
    Nope
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 13:51
    Originally posted by buckky
    Here is the way I see it. Life has many wonderful things in it, and many horrible things in it. There is a lot of just plain neutral stuff going on all the time. So I don't think it's being negative to point out something that appears to be insane, passing itself off as Higher knowledge. What I think is negative is to not face reality, and paint a bliss ninn ...[text shortened]... w of the world. Truth is what we are after. Not a feel good rub down with New Age mumbo jumbo.
    What is one mans crap is another mans gold. All is gold anyway... you just gotta know how to look- then even Nike ads can sing 'truth'.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 13:51
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Nope
    I would say your in the minority,(in the western world)
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 16:04
    I would say your in the minority,(in the western world)
    I hear they hand out tracts, which Southern Baptists, as well as other denominations do.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 12:06
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I hear they hand out tracts, which Southern Baptists, as well as other denominations do.
    Tracts? You mean pamphlets?
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 06:23
    Tracts? You mean pamphlets?
    I suppose they are the same thing. But I've never done it, nor received any so I can't say for sure.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 09:19
    What is one mans crap is another mans gold. All is gold anyway... you just gotta know how to look- then even Nike ads can sing 'truth'.
    "JUST DO IT " 🙂
    "Sony(god),the one and only"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree