1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 19:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Come back and say that in another 20 years.
    You think you will be here to read it in 20 yeats, old man?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 22:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You think you will be here to read it in 20 yeats, old man?
    Well, if its any indication, my mom is still here, closing in on 100 and I am working full time, driving 160 miles a day doing it and have been since 01.

I don't take ANY meds, I solve difficult problems every day at work, problems that would leave you totally befuddled.

So yes, I expect to be around in another 20 years.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 02:28
    http://phys.org/news/2014-10-scientists-enzyme-life.

Getting closer to the explanation of the origin of life creationists hate.
    Atheism of the gaps?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 04:20
    Well, if its any indication, my mom is still here, closing in on 100 and I am working full time, driving 160 miles a day doing it and have been since 01.

I don't take ANY meds, I solve difficult problems every day at work, problems that would leave you totally befuddled.

So yes, I expect to be around in another 20 years.
    So you are proud of yourself and don't need God, huh?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 11:19
    So you are proud of yourself and don't need God, huh?
    I merely realistic and indeed, I don't need a god, ESPECIALLY your so-called human made god.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 11:50
    http://phys.org/news/2014-10-scientists-enzyme-life.

Getting closer to the explanation of the origin of life creationists hate.
    Did this man made enzyme have ID behind it?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 12:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    C Hess claims it happened by accident because they don't have enough sense to intelligently design anything. Remember they are evolutionists. 😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We don't know, it was helped in the design by a computer, so is it intelligent?

Well, lets see, could it have been invented by a rock? No, guess not. So I do get the feeling it was in fact designed with some kind of intelligence behind it.

WOW. wat do u know. Intelligent Design. Who would ever have put THAT together.

Gee, if it works for humans it MUST work for the whole frigging universe!

Can you show me ANYTHING outside the bible that supports this?
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 21:45
    C Hess claims it happened by accident because they don't have enough sense to intelligently design anything.
    What? 😕
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 21:52
    Originally posted by C Hess
    What? 😕
    That was my interpretation of what you said. You actually said:
    If leaving chemistry to itself and observing a new enzyme form is intelligent design in your view, I'm really hoping you yourself are not a designer
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 22:05
    That was my interpretation of what you said. You actually said:
    If leaving chemistry to itself and observing a new enzyme form is intelligent design in your view, I'm really hoping you yourself are not a designer
    Clearly not the same as saying an accident led to the formation of said enzyme. I clarified in my next post that there was of course a selection made by the researchers that would otherwise take millions of years in nature.

Your response to that was that amino acids and enzymes forming in the lab is not the same as creating life, and you're right about that. They are however two of the most important parts in the formation of life, and what these types of experiments show, is that these can form naturally given the right conditions. It remains to be seen if these conditions were true when these events should have taken place.

Science, it works one small step at a time, theories and hypotheses revised as needed when new evidence comes in. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 01:58
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Clearly not the same as saying an accident led to the formation of said enzyme. I clarified in my next post that there was of course a selection made by the researchers that would otherwise take millions of years in nature.

Your response to that was that amino acids and enzymes forming in the lab is not the same as creating life, and you're right about tha ...[text shortened]... s and hypotheses revised as needed when new evidence comes in. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    There are too many things that must happen all at once, suddenly, so evolution is not credible to a rational person, like myself. 😏
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 04:11
    We don't know, it was helped in the design by a computer, so is it intelligent?

Well, lets see, could it have been invented by a rock? No, guess not. So I do get the feeling it was in fact designed with some kind of intelligence behind it.

WOW. wat do u know. Intelligent Design. Who would ever have put THAT together.

Gee, if it works for humans it ...[text shortened]... r the whole frigging universe!

Can you show me ANYTHING outside the bible that supports this?
    Well what are you saying here with this than? We can design something so
    that it occurs the way we want it too, because we cannot find it occurring
    without a plan, purpose, or design. Gee I wonder if a plan, purpose, and
    design are required?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 04:43
    There are too many things that must happen all at once, suddenly, so evolution is not credible to a rational person, like myself. 😏
    suddenly? 🙄

It took 1 billion years from the formation of the earth to first life.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 05:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    suddenly? 🙄

It took 1 [b]billion
    years from the formation of the earth to first life.[/b]
    I am not referring to any made up imaginary time scale of millions and billions of years. I am referring to real time that can be verified.

Even if the universe has existed that long, anyone that believes that all the various parts of a human body could gradually come about over millions and billions of years as well as the interactive systems to sustain life is not thinking rationally.

Scientists can not prove when the first life appeared on earth or even what it was. They can only speculate, which means they ASSUME. Even the evolutionists admit the fossill record shows a sudden emergence of vertebrate life of pratically all kinds and not the gradual appearance as they expected from their foolhardy theory of evolution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree