1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 07:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought you told us a story about how you ostracized your own son for a long period of time after you judged him. Was that anecdote about someone else and not about you personally?
    I didn't judge him, Jehovah did.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 07:56
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So you are now saying you didn't ostracize him? But in the story you told, if I recall correctly, you ostracized him.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 17:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you are now saying you didn't ostracize him? But in the story you told, if I recall correctly, you ostracized him.
    I think it becomes clear if we acknowledge that fmj lives in a theocracy where he is duty bound to recognize and when called upon, administer divine justice.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 17:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is a difference between those two words, judging and ostracize. You do know that right?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 18:35
    There is a difference between those two words, judging and ostracize. You do know that right?
    You don't believe ostracizing someone requires a judgement? (By an individual or group).
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 18:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You don't believe ostracizing someone requires a judgement? (By an individual or group).
    Now your getting to the point. Yes he was visited by a group of elders who thru discussion with him on a different couple occasions to not only get the facts but to give him time to show true repentance. If they decide true repentance is there, all the council and discipline may just stay in that room and not go further. But thru the bibles council and guide lines as to the conduct that a Christian should practice and use daily is not there and with no repentance shown, then according to the Bible that person should be removed from the congregation as for as having association with them. After some time has passed and with true repentance being shown and thru prayer to Jehovah for guidance, that person is eventually allowed back to associate with the congregation.
    I know you know this as it's been discussed many time here. I hope this might clear it up for you?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 00:39
    Huh? Your religious beliefs allow you (in your mind, at least) to absolve yourself of responsibility for the way you treat your own children?

This is a question, not an accusation. I'm seeking clarification.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 04:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Huh? Your religious beliefs allow you (in your mind, at least) to absolve yourself of responsibility for the way you treat your own children?

This is a question, not an accusation. I'm seeking clarification.
    How do you know how I treat my children in that situation? Your only getting the basic information and not the emotional feelings that come with the discipline of a loved one who committed a gross sin and at the time showed no repentance.
    You make it sound like I almost enjoyed it or something. You need to realize that when it comes to discipline from God and how serious that is in his eyes that we accept it and then all in the congregations have to understand as the Bible says "that no discipline seems good at the time" but in the long run the things you learn from that discipline will help you mature into a better human and Christian.
    So no there is no absolving anything with any member in ones own family even though they may be disfellowshipped. The love I have for my son did not change for one second or if he needed help on anything I was there for him. I'm still his parent and would do anything for him.
    It amazes me how far off some of you have in misunderstanding discipline from God and the good fruits that come out of that discipline. And that's all explained in the bible if you would only read it and apply it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 04:25
    You make it sound like I almost enjoyed it or something.
    Don't be so poisonous. I did nothing of the sort.

I asked you about how you judged and ostracized your own child, according to your own account.

You replied by saying your god figure did it, not you.

And yet your account clearly claimed it was you that ostracized your own child having judged him.

So my follow up question makes perfect sense:

Do you believe your religious beliefs allow you to absolve yourself of responsibility for the way you treat your own children and attribute how you treat them to your god figure, as you appeared to do at the top of this page (6) of this thread?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 04:28
    The love I have for my son did not change for one second or if he needed help on anything I was there for him. I'm still his parent and would do anything for him.
    Again, no one has suggested anything to the contrary. The question is, when asked about how you yourself treated him, you immediately retorted that it was your god figure who did it and not you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 04:31
    It amazes me how far off some of you have in misunderstanding discipline from God and the good fruits that come out of that discipline.
    The discipline you personally visited upon your son was somehow not something you did, it was "from God", is that your stance? If there is, on my part, some "misunderstanding [of the] discipline" that you quite clearly and undeniably meted out ~ although you seem to be suggesting it wasn't you ~ then please clarify.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 05:041 edit
    What's wrong with being organized and in wanting to keep track of ones working for Jehovah in trying to educate others about the TRUTH'S in the bible and hopefully helping to make their life's better, and also knowing where we do go door to door so we won't miss anyone?
    I know you personally don't want to answer to anyone which is one reason you hate the JW'S but who knows, maybe some day you'll pull a Saul on us?
    Insults and accusations of hatred aren't called for Galveston. I don't hate anyone, including JWs. I'm just not a fan of your corporate religion and end up arguing with the likes of you, Carrobie and roigam about it. That's all. Let's try to keep hate out of it shall we?

Meanwhile, I was commenting on how you were saying you were not being forced by anyone, in terms of your religiousness, and I was pointing out that you and all JWs have to report in how much witnessing time you have done. Surely this tracking is a measurement of performance and effort and which therefore is a soft coercion for you to get out there.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 04:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Insults and accusations of hatred aren't called for Galveston. I don't hate anyone, including JWs. I'm just not a fan of your corporate religion and end up arguing with the likes of you, Carrobie and roigam about it. That's all. Let's try to keep hate out of it shall we?

Meanwhile, I was commenting on how you were saying you were not being forced by a ...[text shortened]... ement of performance and effort and which therefore is a soft coercion for you to get out there.
    Sure it gives us goals. Most humans need them.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 04:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Again, no one has suggested anything to the contrary. The question is, when asked about how you yourself treated him, you immediately retorted that it was your god figure who did it and not you.
    I'll answer the same again. I was not involved with the group of elders that met with my son. So again I was not involved in the decision making process. And I treated him with the recommendations that come from the Bible.
    I think I've answered your questions on this especially knowing that you do know the process of these situations more then you are showing.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 04:45
    I was not involved with the group of elders that met with my son. So again I was not involved in the decision making process.
    So were you personally involved in the concerted ostracization of your son or not? Was it only "the group of elders" that did it to him? If I recall your story correctly, you ostracized him too. But you seem to be attributing it to other people and to your god figure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree