New Testament

New Testament

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Dec 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Genesis 8:21
New Living Translation (NLT)

21 And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things.

Romans 5:12
Good News Translatio ...[text shortened]... e of God and pretty bold to think so and have never thought this situation out at all it seems.
"21 And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things"

so you think all children are evil? and need to be taught christs ways to stop being evil?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]"21 And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things"

so you think all children are evil? and need to be taught christs ways to stop being evil?[/b]
Did I say that? No I didn't. Re read the post with the scriptures to get the point. Maybe pray to God for help?

Moves
12 Dec 12

Did I say that? No I didn't. Re read the post with the scriptures to get the point. Maybe pray to God for help?
its the bit that says "even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood"

that gives me the impression you think children are evil.

Z

Moves
12 Dec 12
1 edit

Genesis 8:21
New Living Translation (NLT)

21 And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things.

Romans 5:12
Good News Translatio e of God and pretty bold to think so and have never thought this situation out at all it seems.
children

children

children

edit: i can repeat children some more until it sinks into your skull.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
its the bit that says "even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood"

that gives me the impression you think children are evil.
Well if God says it perhaps he knows what he is speaking of? It's your option to believe his word or not.

But with other insight and explinations directed by his spirit one would understand this scripture and others throughout the Bible to get the real meaning.

But the discussion here is about the humans before the flood and the influance that the demons had directly on humans at that time. These actually materialized and were able to influance them as they were also in the flesh.
We cannot juge that situation because we have never been in that situation and non of us were there to see how bad it was and how if affected them.

Genesis 6:5
Good News Translation (GNT)

5 When the Lord saw how wicked everyone on earth was and how evil their thoughts were all the time.

Here is the Bibles explination of "ALL" humans "ALL THE TIME" with the exception of Noah and his family.

Get the point.......if God did not step in and do what needed to be done with the wickedness that was in every humans heart, no doubt between their actions and gross sins they were involved in and the influance of the materialized demons with their agendas which was to cause ruin, the human race no doubt would have been in serious trouble of even surviving. None of us could possibly be alive today.

If one had insight in their minds and realize what God did for us to be here today, perhaps this thing God did would be viewed differently with the "big picture" instead of complaining against God and his wisdom which is a very foolish action.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
children

children

children

edit: i can repeat children some more until it sinks into your skull.
Are you not able to understand the Bible at all?

Z

Moves
12 Dec 12

it's ok to kill children if god tells you to? did i understand that correctly?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no its not new, the prophecy was not originated by Jehovahs witnesses, we did not
write the book of revelation, just sayin. The understanding may be new but its not set
in stone, it may change if something else comes to light, we have after all frequently
revised our teaching and understanding, in fact i dare say we are unique in that regard.
Right, now we've established what Galveston means, do you concur with him. By that i mean his statement that God communicates his thoughts via the Holy Spirit to JW writers who put them to paper and pass them onto the congregations.

Do you endorse that Rob?

F

Moves
12 Dec 12

The text you cited: “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things".

Rather than saying things like Maybe pray to God for help? and Are you not able to understand the Bible at all?, which are dodges and make you sound as if you are absolutely floundering, why don't you explain once and for all what you think this means, especially the part that says: everything they [the human race] think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
it's ok to kill children if god tells you to? did i understand that correctly?
Geeeez. Where did I even hint anything like that? You guys are a work of art aren't you? Silly question.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Dec 12

No you are still confused. As Robbie said we are not given some new info that was not all ready in the Bible. It is there and always has been there.
Again this is God's book and it is "inspired" by him to this very day. This book is like no other in the universe in that he only lets ones he chooses to see it with complete understanding. This "inspirat ...[text shortened]... and what they did not understand before. That is the way he communicates with us.
Sorry, you're the one who seems to be confused. Firstly you state -

As Robbie said we are not given some new info that was not all ready in the Bible.

then you contradict yourself by saying -

The issue of the League of Nations and the United Nations is, yes it is true they are not mentioned by name as many things are not.

If they are not mentioned by name in the Bible, how do you know this scripture applies to them if you haven't received any 'new information'?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Sorry, you're the one who seems to be confused. Firstly you state -

As Robbie said we are not given some new info that was not all ready in the Bible.

then you contradict yourself by saying -

[quote]The issue of the League of Nations and the United Nations is, yes it is true they are not mentioned by name as many things are not.[/ ...[text shortened]... ow do you know this scripture applies to them if you haven't received any 'new information'?
The scriptures describe these participants in the worlds stage does it not? It applies to someone or something does it not? It was written for a purpose was it not?
For ones that Jehovah lets understand it, it is very clear who this applies too. I wish you could understand, I truly do but I could repeat all this to you until we are old and gray but if Jehovah doesn't let you see it there is nothing else I can do or say no matter how many times you ask me and I answer you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Dec 12
1 edit

The scriptures describe these participants in the worlds stage does it not? It applies to someone or something does it not? It was written for a purpose was it not?
For ones that Jehovah lets understand it, it is very clear who this applies too. I wish you could understand, I truly do but I could repeat all this to you until we are old and gray but if it there is nothing else I can do or say no matter how many times you ask me and I answer you.
Galveston you know as well as i do that this particular passage of scripture does not mention the League of Nations. Your 'insight' into this passage of scripture has been revealed to you by 'new information' ie, God communicating with JW writers via the Holy Spirit. You stated this earlier in the thread. So your claim that God has not revealed new information to you is not supported by the evidence you yourself have presented in this thread.

F

Moves
12 Dec 12
1 edit

For ones that Jehovah lets understand it, it is very clear who this applies too.
You are claiming "Jehovah" has "let" you "understand" that the Revelation 13 is about the League of Nations, and people who disagree with your interpretation... well, "Jehovah doesn't let [them] see" that you are "right"? That is seriously your self-authorisation mechanism for adding details to, and interpreting the meaning of, the Bible?

Moves
12 Dec 12

Well if God says it perhaps he knows what he is speaking of? It's your option to believe his word or not.

But with other insight and explinations directed by his spirit one would understand this scripture and others throughout the Bible to get the real meaning.

But the discussion here is about the humans before the flood and the influance that ...[text shortened]... icture" instead of complaining against God and his wisdom which is a very foolish action.

what is the real meaning? it looks pretty clear to me, he's saying he wont wipe out humans again even though they are prone to evil from birth.

the crazy thing is you defending his actions. using the pathetic excuse that if he didnt kill nearly all of humanity we would all be dead now. do you believe that god can do anything? if so there are a million other ways he could have sorted out mans evil nature without killing everybody.

it also seems to be saying he killed everybody because they had evil natures, but after the killing, he comments that everybody still has an evil nature...wtf???