1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Galveston you know as well as i do that this particular passage of scripture does not mention the League of Nations. Your 'insight' into this passage of scripture has been revealed to you by 'new information' ie, God communicating with JW writers via the Holy Spirit. You stated this earlier in the thread. So your claim that God has not revealed new information to you is not supported by the evidence you yourself have presented in this thread,
    No it doesn't mention anyone by name does it? So do we just ignor it and not ask God for insight to learn who it is and what it all means and just passively remain in the dark?
    Do you think that is a wise thing to do with the rest of the bible saying spiritual wisdom can lead to life, as oppsed to death?
    If you or others are ok with just not knowing and not being concerned that is your option isn't it?
    I choose differently as well as 8 milion other JW's that want to know.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 14:49
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]But with other insight and explinations directed by his spirit one would understand this scripture and others throughout the Bible to get the real meaning.

what is the real meaning? it looks pretty clear to me, he's saying he wont wipe out humans again even though they are prone to evil from birth.

the crazy thing is you defending his ac ...[text shortened]... l natures, but after the killing, he comments that everybody still has an evil nature...wtf???[/b]
    Oh my. Why is this soooo hard for you? Do you actually read the post I make or just a few words and then respond? Do you think on it for at least a few minutes and maybe look up what you can in your Bible and try to grasp the subject? Is the world scene not different now after the flood then it was before it?
    I'm not being rude here but just really frustrated.....
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 14:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No it doesn't mention anyone by name does it? So do we just ignor it and not ask God for insight to learn who it is and what it all means and just passively remain in the dark?
    Do you think that is a wise thing to do with the rest of the bible saying spiritual wisdom can lead to life, as oppsed to death?
    If you or others are ok with just not knowing ...[text shortened]... ur option isn't it?
    I choose differently as well as 8 milion other JW's that want to know.
    So the League of Nations is 'new information'?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 15:05
    So the League of Nations is 'new information'?
    My last try. Who this applies to has always been in the Bible. We did not know or understand until Jehovah let us understand. Who this applies to has not changed from the day Jehovah had it written down. So no it is not new, but we have finally been allowed to understand.
    This is the best I can do, sorry.
    Perhaps the next JW that comes to your door to teach God's words to you can do a better job then me.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 15:10
    Perhaps the next JW that comes to your door to teach God's words to you can do a better job then me.
    But "League of Nations" are your words. You are claiming "League of Nations" are God's words?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 15:31
    My last try. Who this applies to has always been in the Bible. We did not know or understand until Jehovah let us understand. Who this applies to has not changed from the day Jehovah had it written down. So no it is not new, but we have finally been allowed to understand.
    This is the best I can do, sorry.
    I've not had a JW knock on my door in the 10 years i've lived in Manchester. Curiously, i've had two non JW's knock on my door. I used to live 10 mins walk from a Kingdom Hall.

How did Jehovah let you understand? He revealed new information to someone within your organisation who wrote it down and passed it onto the other members.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 15:36
    I've not had a JW knock on my door in the 10 years i've lived in Manchester. Curiously, i've had two non JW's knock on my door. I used to live 10 mins walk from a Kingdom Hall.

How did Jehovah let you understand? He revealed new information to someone within your organisation who wrote it down and passed it onto the other members.
    Perhaps Jehovah knows you are not interested and they pass your door up? Possibly.
    I think I've explained this the best I can already. Gotta get ready for work.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 15:47
    Oh my. Why is this soooo hard for you? Do you actually read the post I make or just a few words and then respond? Do you think on it for at least a few minutes and maybe look up what you can in your Bible and try to grasp the subject? Is the world scene not different now after the flood then it was before it?
    I'm not being rude here but just really frustrated.....
    its soooooo hard to understand because its so illogical.

Do you think on it for at least a few minutes and maybe look up what you can in your Bible and try to grasp the subject?

what am i missing? enlighten me o'wise one.

answer me this - could god have eradicated evil from the earth without killing everybody?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 15:55
    Perhaps Jehovah knows you are not interested and they pass your door up?
    I can't think of anyone on this forum, over the last few years, who has shown as much interest in your beliefs, and the way you explain them, as Proper Knob. And now here you are suggesting that "Jehovah" might be telling members of the JW organisation to avoid him?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 20:38
    its soooooo hard to understand because its so illogical.

[b]Do you think on it for at least a few minutes and maybe look up what you can in your Bible and try to grasp the subject?

what am i missing? enlighten me o'wise one.

answer me this - could god have eradicated evil from the earth without killing everybody?[/b]
    Apparently not. He has stated many times which you should know if you really read your Bible, that "he wishes no one to die but for ALL to repent and follow his guidelines for life.
    If you would also read your Bible and the actual account of Noah you will notice God gave a 40 year time period for any and all of humankind to stop the sinful life's they were living. And at the same time Noah preached to all about the impending flood and they would die if they didn't change.
    So if one would really read and grasp what God did and the patience he had with ALL the humans then, one might get the correct viewpoint and stop the judgements on God's actions. That is about the stupidist thing any human can do, don't ya think?
    And you say you are a Christian, Right?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 21:15
    Perhaps Jehovah knows you are not interested and they pass your door up? Possibly.
    I think I've explained this the best I can already. Gotta get ready for work.
    They've come to my door a couple of times, they didn't knock or announce themselves, they just slipped some literature under the door. One time my door was even open so it's not like they didn't know i was in.

I don't doubt you've explained yourself as you can, the problem; my end anyhow, is that it doesn't make sense. It doesn't add up. You were asked previous if you thought the writers of JW literature were inspired like the writers of the Bible. You answered yes, now you're claiming that's not the case. You stated that the JW writers didn't offer any 'new information', yet you're interpretation with regard to the League of Nations is quite evidently 'new information'. How can someone reveal a new interpretation of scripture after being in direct communication with God, that's what you stated earlier in the thread remember, and not be privy to new information. It doesn't make sense, not to me, and now doubt to other people who are following this thread. But hey, what does it matter. Enjoy your day.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 21:20
    Apparently not. He has stated many times which you should know if you really read your Bible, that "he wishes no one to die but for ALL to repent and follow his guidelines for life.
    If you would also read your Bible and the actual account of Noah you will notice God gave a 40 year time period for any and all of humankind to stop the sinful life's they ...[text shortened]... stupidist thing any human can do, don't ya think?
    And you say you are a Christian, Right?
    no im defiantly not a christian.

"Apparently not."

im shocked, you think gods powers are limited. i always thought you guys thought god could do anything. what limits gods powers?

"God gave a 40 year time period for any and all of humankind to stop the sinful life's they were living".

i dont think 40 years is a long time, considering god is eternal, 40 years seems rather measly.
    it wasnt really fair on the people who didnt have a bible or live in a part of the world that didnt have christianity.
    gods method of giving a warning was obviously rubbish, not one person out of millions listened to him and became good. if they were anything like modern day 'evil' people then they probably had deep rooted psychological issues that put them beyond simply making a decision to be good.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 21:472 edits
    They've come to my door a couple of times, they didn't knock or announce themselves, they just slipped some literature under the door. One time my door was even open so it's not like they didn't know i was in.

I don't doubt you've explained yourself as you can, the problem; my end anyhow, is that it doesn't make sense. It doesn't add up. You were ask e who are following this thread. But hey, what does it matter. Enjoy your day.
    Thanks for letting me explain the best I can. And I'm truly sorry that it seems to be confusing and not add up. I totally understand your view as many who were not JW's in the past and who are now have expressed the same views before they became JW's about many things in the Bible.
    A few JW's were even ministers and preachers in other churches and have said the same.
    Most people can learn many things in the Bible as that is the way God intended. From there some like what they see and will live the best they can with it, pay their dues at church when then go to their Sunday service.
    The bible says all they will ever really understand in the Bible is the "milk" level of knowledge or as being babes.
    Ask them to explain such things as we are speaking of here and you'll usually get a blank look from them.
    But there are the few that the Bible says want more with no influance from non biblical truths and paganistic doctrines and are willing to be no part of the world as the Bible says has to happen and are completely willing to live their lifes as a complete Christian and even be willing to die for this.
    Once God has seen this willingness in ones heart, he starts to open up their hearts and minds to the rest of the Bible that holds the deeper or "meat" subjects in the Bible.
    So I too feel frustrated that I can't explian this any other way to you.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 21:49
    no im defiantly not a christian.

[b]"Apparently not."

im shocked, you think gods powers are limited. i always thought you guys thought god could do anything. what limits gods powers?

"God gave a 40 year time period for any and all of humankind to stop the sinful life's they were living".

i dont think 40 years is a long time, ...[text shortened]... eep rooted psychological issues that put them beyond simply making a decision to be good.[/b]
    Ok fine. Think as you want.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 21:55
    Ok fine. Think as you want.
    what limits gods powers?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree