New work on why some people are gay:

New work on why some people are gay:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are referring to the following scripture by Paul:

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.

Is the law then against the promises of ...[text shortened]... nto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

(Romans 10:10 NKJV)
You support the death penalty for murderers. You advocate the death penalty for women who have abortions. Do you not quote the 'tutor' in support of these views?

So do you advocate the death penalty for people who commit homosexual acts in line with your 'tutor's' clear views on the matter?

If not, why do you use it to justify the death penalty in other circumstances?

Ro

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It was a tutor in the sense that it should have lead those under it to recognize their
sinfulness and the need for atonement and a propitiatory sacrifice. Paul states it
clearly that the Law was to , 'make sins manifest'.

(Galatians 3:19)  Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions
manifest, until the seed should arrive to whom ...[text shortened]... as become our tutor leading to Christ,
that we might be declared righteous due to faith. . .
Earlier you said:

they [Christians] are under duress to extend love to all persons irrespective of their practice, for its the practice which is condemned not the individual

But under Mosaic Law this was not the case. You were not under duress to extend love to all persons. You were ordered to execute homosexuals without fail.

Do you think the people carrying out the stonings were learning from their tutor about Christian principles of love for their fellow man? Was this practice a good guide to Christ's later teachings?

First you are taught by God to treat homosexuals with cruelty and barbarism. Then Christ comes along and tells you to treat them with compassion.

It seems to me there are only a number of possibilities:

1 Everything in the Bible is man made

2 Some parts are man made and do not represent God's word

3 God changed his mind about the proper treatment of homosexuals as he realised this was the wrong way for people to behave.

4 God still thinks the execution of homosexuals is acceptable.

You won't choose 1-3, so I stand by the fact that 4 is the only remaining possibility if you accept the entirety of the Bible. As I shown that some Christians still use Mosaic Law to justify the death penalty, I don't see why they are not consistent and advocate it for homosexuals.

F

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
You won't choose 1-3, so I stand by the fact that 4 is the only remaining possibility if you accept the entirety of the Bible. As I shown that some Christians still use Mosaic Law to justify the death penalty, I don't see why they are not consistent and advocate it for homosexuals.
Sometimes robbie just uses his gbaway2 script to deal with these kind of points in a discussion.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Earlier you said:

they [Christians] are under duress to extend love to all persons irrespective of their practice, for its the practice which is condemned not the individual

But under Mosaic Law this was not the case. You were not under duress to extend love to all persons. You were ordered to execute homosexuals without fail.

the death penalty, I don't see why they are not consistent and advocate it for homosexuals.
Christians are no longer under the mandates of the mosaic law, to cite it therefore
with reference to Christians demonstrating love to all persons has little or no
relevance and borders on being disingenuous as you are very well aware of the fact.

I have already explained in what sense the law was a 'tutor', leading towards the
Christ. It highlighted the sinfulness of those who were under those mandates and
yes the penalties were severe.

cruelty and barbarism are your words, not mine, its a very simple thing, don't stick
your willy where it was never intended to be and you will be fine.

with regard to the inspiration of the Biblical text you are free to believe what you
want but you seem to be having some trouble with the law and how it relates to
Christians and its therefore no surprise that these unsubstantiated assertions are
now surfacing.

It may help you to know that the Mosiac Law was to be of a temporary nature and
was to be replaced later with a much more far reaching law, the law of the Christ
based upon the exercise of the faculty of conscience. One does not cry about the
scaffolding when its removed from a building after completion, does one, for it was
never intended to be a permanent feature.

(Jeremiah 31:31-33)  “Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah,
“and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new
covenant;  not one like the covenant that I concluded with their forefathers in the
day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt,

‘which covenant of mine they themselves broke, although I myself had husbandly
ownership of them,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.”  “For this is the covenant that I
shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days,” is the utterance of
Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And
I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people.”

why is this important because it thoroughly refutes these assertions that God has
changed his mind, was wrong, parts of the Bible are inspired others are not etc etc
etc etc Now you may of course try to assert that this is with relevance to Israelites
and not Christians, but that is of course completely unsustainable as Paul later
demonstrates that there is a such a thing as a spiritual Israelite, one not born as a
natural Jew but one who has been 'grafted on to', the vine.

(Romans 2:28, 29) . . .For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is
circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh.  But he is a Jew who is one
on the inside, and [his] circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a
written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God.

I thank God for Paul who explains to us how the Jewish system relates to
Christians. I apologize for the length of the text, its simply no feasible to explain it
in any other terms.

Moves
18 Dec 12

Moves
18 Dec 12

Christians are no longer under the mandates of the mosaic law, to cite it therefore
with reference to Christians demonstrating love to all persons has little or no
relevance and borders on being disingenuous as you are very well aware of the fact.

I have already explained in what sense the law was a 'tutor', leading towards the
Christ. It h ...[text shortened]... gize for the length of the text, its simply no feasible to explain it
in any other terms.
"don't stick
your willy where it was never intended to be and you will be fine."

is there guidelines for this? where exactly can i put? what about fingers, ive tried sticking them in all sorts of places over the years, were any illegal in gods eyes?

rc

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]"don't stick
your willy where it was never intended to be and you will be fine."

is there guidelines for this? where exactly can i put? what about fingers, ive tried sticking them in all sorts of places over the years, were any illegal in gods eyes?[/b]
sorry no foolish jesting with unbelievers, you know the rules, you are not a Christian
and Christians principles do not apply to you.

Moves
18 Dec 12

sorry no foolish jesting with unbelievers, you know the rules, you are not a Christian
and Christians principles do not apply to you.
then be serious. give me and intelligent informed answer......no babbling.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

then be serious. give me and intelligent informed answer......no babbling.
quite impossible, you are not a Christian, the high moral standards set for Christians
are not applicable to you. You have chosen moral independence from God, in effect,
establishing your own morality, well, good luck with that.

Moves
18 Dec 12

quite impossible, you are not a Christian, the high moral standards set for Christians
are not applicable to you. You have chosen moral independence from God, in effect,
does that mean you will be no longer going door to door?

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Do you need a god in order to have a moral code?

Do you not think that it is possible for rational intelligent
human beings to have a moral code for society instead of
having one imposed upon you by certain religious organizations
who don't really know what they are talking about.

Once again I ask you, can you, your organization or
any other religious organization prove to me or the rest of
the world without any shadow of doubt that there is a god
and that he is truly in existence and that he has established
this moral code for us to follow?

When Moses came down off that mountain did he have anything
else to offer other than

"HERE TAKE THESE TWO TABLETS AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!"

rc

Moves
18 Dec 12

does that mean you will be no longer going door to door?
why should it? I go from house to house in order to try to ascertain if there is anyone
interested in learning about the Bible and Gods Kingdom, if not, i go away and leave
them in peace, i never ever ever ever try to persuade anyone, its a waste of my time
and theirs.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Do you need a god in order to have a moral code?

Do you not think that it is possible for rational intelligent
human beings to have a moral code for society instead of
having one imposed upon you by certain religious organizations
who don't really know what they are talking about.

Once again I ask you, can you, your organization or
any ot ...[text shortened]... ything
else to offer other than

"HERE TAKE THESE TWO TABLETS AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!"
the Bible makes it quite clear that all humans have recourse to the faculty of
conscience, however, one only need to look at the present state of affairs and it
becomes readily discernible that moral independence from God has resulted in
absolute misery for humanity.

1. Present financial crisis, economic greed on an unprecedented scale,
2. deforestation, unprecedented spoiling of the earths natural resources, greed and
corruption,
3. lack of fish stocks, unprecedented overfishing fomented by greed,
4. wars over oil, Iraq, moral corruption and greed and new imperialism
5 Highest ever recorded figure for HIV - moral corruption and depravity

tell me when you want me to stop, ill be glad to.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
18 Dec 12

the Bible makes it quite clear that all humans have recourse to the faculty of
conscience, however, one only need to look at the state of affairs and it becomes
readily discernible that moral independence from God has resulted in absolute misery
for humanity.
Robbie, please answer the question.

Is there a god?

If so, how do you know?

Prove it as you might do in a court of law,
which only recognizes and sustains facts.

Not superstition, not mumbo jumbo, not hearsay, not opinions,

FACTS.

PLEASE.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Robbie, please answer the question.

Is there a god?

If so, how do you know?

Prove it as you might do in a court of law,
which only recognizes and sustains facts.

Not superstition, not mumbo jumbo, not hearsay, not opinions,

FACTS.

PLEASE.
one cannot prove or disprove it, the question is therefore quite futile. Either you see
evidence by inference from an observation of the natural universe i.e intelligence,
design, harmony in living things and through deeds and teaching inspired in scripture or
you do not.