1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 18:57
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I have to say that hearing you demand actual evidence, when you ducked the very same question on the corporal punishment thread, makes me smile.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin which deserves the death penalty. The Salvation Army is just being consistent to the words of the Bible.

That seems pretty discriminatory to me.
    I take it you're still unable to accept the fact that the highly reputable American Academy of Pediatrics and I both strongly oppose the striking of children for any reason. That and the fact that the AAP adopted and subsequently reaffirmed that position after reviews of all the available evidence on corporal punishment. Just because you choose to ignore evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin which deserves the death penalty. The Salvation Army is just being consistent to the words of the Bible.

That seems pretty discriminatory to me.

That issue was addressed in a previous post. I'll take this as further evidence that you routinely ignore whatever evidence does not support your views.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 18:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [hidden]ThinkOfOne_bot_2012[/hidden]
    C'mon how can you not see what I was asking? I said:
    "Do you have actual evidence of a "basic POLICY of discrimination against the GL league"? Or only isolated incidents of SA members who have acted in a discriminatory manner?"
    LOL

Actually, I expect the response will be even sillier. The fact is, if you profess to follow the Bible in its entirety, you should advocate the execution of homosexual people. I find it amazing that anyone suggests anything different.

If you don't, then you are either arguing that you know better than God, or that God changed his mind on this issue, after having made sure that plenty of people were executed while he made up his mind. Which isn't very Godlike.

So by all means blame the SA for their views, but then also accept that you do not agree with what the Bible says.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:01
    Actually, I expect the response will be even sillier.
    Yep
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:131 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I take it you're still unable to accept the fact that the highly reputable American Academy of Pediatrics and I both strongly oppose the striking of children for any reason. That and the fact that the AAP adopted and subsequently reaffirmed that position after reviews of all the available evidence on corporal punishment. Just because you choose to ignore as further evidence that you routinely ignore whatever evidence does not support your views.
    Do you think homosexual acts are a sin? The AAP doesn't by the way.

If not, how do you interpret Leviticus 20:13?

Also, can you post a link to the version of the Bible you use to determine this?
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:141 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I deserve death too. I think I am pretty safe to say that we are all going to get death too, regardless of our belief of what we deserve.

We Christians believe there is a physical death of the body and a spiritual death of the soul. We also believe Christ can save us from the spiritual death of the soul and resurrect a new physical body for our souls at the Judgment Day of the Lord.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Same question.

Do you think the Bible states that homosexual acts are a sin?

Ditto the link the the version of the Bible you most commonly read.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:17
    I deserve death too. I think I am pretty safe to say that we are all going to get death too, regardless of our belief of what we deserve.

We Christians believe there is a physical death of the body and a spiritual death of the soul. We also believe Christ can save us from the spiritual death of the soul and resurrect a new physical body for our souls at the Judgment Day of the Lord.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I think the verse refers to an early death.

The thing is, gay is NOT a choice as you should well know.

So it is a matter of your god supposedly creating ALL mankind and then saying gay's deserve death?

Doesn't that SCREAM at you the whole thing is just made up by men, the bible, the religions and all?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:18
    LOL

Actually, I expect the response will be even sillier. The fact is, if you profess to follow the Bible in its entirety, you should advocate the execution of homosexual people. I find it amazing that anyone suggests anything different.

If you don't, then you are either arguing that you know better than God, or that God changed his mind on thi ...[text shortened]... e the SA for their views, but then also accept that you do not agree with what the Bible says.
    We advocate execution of criminals, like murderes, who threaten the lives of others in our society. There is no need to advocate the execution of homosexuals unless they threaten to cause harm to the lives of others in our society. If it ever reaches that point, I am sure we will be advocating their execution as well. 😏
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Not being gay, I don't have first hand info but I'll look online and see what I can suss out.

Here is one piece. They cite a NY times article about their policies which I haven't read.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/06/salvation-army-official-gays-deserve-death/53885/

Another piece, a blog, in Boston listing a timeline:

http://www.bo ...[text shortened]... s while men are worth 50 and get a ho-hum response but that pretty much spells it right out.
    I took a quick look and didn't come up with anything concrete. I wouldn't have been shocked if there were, but I didn't find anything there. The only reason I asked was because it was the first I had heard of the SA being anti-LGBT.

FYI on this forum, I've been quite vocal speaking for the rights and against the discrimination of women, homosexuals, muslims and most recently children.

You can also find passages where Paul discriminates against women which I've cited in the past.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:22
    We advocate execution of criminals, like murderes, who threaten the lives of others in our society. There is no need to advocate the execution of homosexuals unless they threaten to cause harm to the lives of others in our society. If it ever reaches that point, I am sure we will be advocating their execution as well. 😏
    Stop ducking the question.

Do you think homosexual acts are a sin?

Do you agree that the Bible recommends the death penalty for these sins?

Can you post a link to the version of the Bible you use to determine this?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:25
    Do you think homosexual acts are a sin? The AAP doesn't by the way.

Also, can you post a link to the version of the Bible you use to determine this?
    You do seem to have the habit of going off without reason.

For one, I'm pro "gay rights". For another, I don't hold the Bible as "the inerrant word of God".
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:262 edits
    LOL

If you don't, then you are either arguing that you know better than God, or that God changed his mind on thi e the SA for their views, but then also accept that you do not agree with what the Bible says.
    The fact is, if you profess to follow the Bible in its entirety, you should advocate the
    execution of homosexual people - Rank Outsider

nope, this is an oversimplification and a misunderstanding. It is true that the act of
    homosexuality was a capital crime in the nation of Israel under the mandate of the
    Mosaic law, however, the law is applicable, only in principle among Christians, not in
    practice, that is why we no longer sacrifice animals, go up to the temple in
    Jerusalem for the festival of booths, observe a strict Sabbath ect, the law having
    been replaced by something much better, the law of the Christ which depends on the
    exercise of the faculty of conscience. The Christian is under no duress to follow the
    dictates of the mosaic law in practice. What that means is that while the act of
    homosexuality is strictly condemned in both the Hebrew portion of Scripture and the
    Greek portion a Christian does not advocate the execution of homosexuals, rather
    they are under duress to extend love to all persons irrespective of their practice, for
    its the practice which is condemned not the individual, the hope being that they have
    potential to change and may repent and make reparation to the Biblical standard. I
    apologise for the length of this text but its not so simple to explain it in any other
    terms.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:28
    I took a quick look and didn't come up with anything concrete. I wouldn't have been shocked if there were, but I didn't find anything there. The only reason I asked was because it was the first I had heard of the SA being anti-LGBT.

FYI on this forum, I've been quite vocal speaking for the rights and against the discrimination of women, homosexuals, mu ...[text shortened]... can also find passages where Paul discriminates against women which I've cited in the past.
    OK fair enough. No need to respond to my earlier question, as this answers it.
  13. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The fact is, if you profess to follow the Bible in its entirety, you should advocate the

nope, this is an oversimplification and a misunderstanding. It is true that the act of
    homosexuality was a capital crime in the nation of Israel under the mandate of the
    Mosaic law, however, the law is appl ...[text shortened]... apologise for the length of this text but its not so simple to explain it in any other
    terms.
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:361 edit
    You do seem to have the habit of going off without reason.

For one, I'm pro "gay rights". For another, I don't hold the Bible as "the inerrant word of God".
    My response crossed with yours and I am more than happy to accept it.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 19:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Mosaic law, however, the law is appl ...[text shortened]... apologise for the length of this text but its not so simple to explain it in any other
    terms.
    they are under duress to extend love to all persons irrespective of their practice, for
    its the practice which is condemned not the individual, the hope being that they have
    potential to change and may repent and make reparation to the Biblical standard.

In the past you've often used anti-gay slurs, made a number of discriminatory comments about gays, etc. Has your position changed? Or is that an indication of what you mean by "love"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree