1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 10:043 edits
    The worlds 'most accurate English translation', (independently assessed by associate professor Jason BeDhun) has undergone its latest revision. Begun sometime in 2005 this refining process took eight years and a team of volunteer researchers to accomplish and we thank them for their hard work! We are reminded of the words of the psalmist, that Gods word is like refined Gold and its with pleasure and excitement that we announce this latest development. For those interested you can pick up a free copy at your local Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs witnesses or from anyone of Jehovahs witnesses engaged in the public ministry. May the peace of our God be with you.

'Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my roadway' - Psalm 119:105
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 13:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The worlds 'most accurate English translation', (independently assessed by associate professor Jason BeDhun) has undergone its latest revision. Begun sometime in 2005 this refining process took eight years and a team of volunteer researchers to accomplish and we thank them for their hard work! We are reminded of the words of the psalmist, that Gods w ...[text shortened]... r God be with you.

Could you provide the link to the full review please.

I'd be interested in a number of topical issues not least of which being his view on the NW translation's importation and use of the name "Jehovah" over the original text, how it is used in regard to the scriptures related to Jesus and the subsequent impact on the positioning level of Christ in relation to the Jehovah Witness previously established doctrine.

Thanks.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 13:48
    The worlds 'most accurate English translation', (independently assessed by associate professor Jason BeDhun) has undergone its latest revision. Begun sometime in 2005 this refining process took eight years and a team of volunteer researchers to accomplish and we thank them for their hard work! We are reminded of the words of the psalmist, that Gods w ...[text shortened]... r God be with you.

Refined gold? What's the difference between 'refining' and 'adulterating'? And why would we need a more accurate English translation in the first place? Oh, wait, it's because of that whole Tower of Babel thing isn't it?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:59
    soooooo jealous!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 18:563 edits
    soooooo jealous!
    I'll take that as a no you can't provide the link. As per my post, it seems to me that the person who's name you misspelt by the way, also criticises the NWT for the inappropriate use of the name Jehovah and it's use by your religious corporation's doctrinal position on scriptures relating to Jesus and he says that the NWT use of it is tilted towards that doctrinal bias.

Obviously you don't want to discuss this any more than you want to discuss the other dubious claims, doctrines and extreme viewpoints by your religious leaders.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'll take that as a no you can't provide the link. As per my post, it seems to me that the person who's name you misspelt by the way, also criticises the NWT for the inappropriate use of the name Jehovah and it's use by your religious corporation's doctrinal position on scriptures relating to Jesus and he says that the NWT use of it is tilted towards tha ...[text shortened]... to discuss the other dubious claims, doctrines and extreme viewpoints by your religious leaders.
    Here we go again.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:19
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Here we go again.
    Enjoy.
  8. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:19
    Could you provide the link to the full review please.

I'd be interested in a number of topical issues not least of which being his view on the NW translation's importation and use of the name "Jehovah" over the original text, how it is used in regard to the scriptures related to Jesus and the subsequent impact on the positioning level of Christ in relation to the Jehovah Witness previously established doctrine.

Thanks.
    I'm curious. Do you know what word is used to denote God in the original text? Maybe this would help.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:24
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    I'm curious. Do you know what word is used to denote God in the original text? Maybe this would help.
    Help what?
  10. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:31
    Help what?
    Prove or disprove your assertion that "Jehova" is not a correct translation of the name for God.

I am not a Jehova's Witness btw, not even religious. I'm mainly just curious and have read a bit of the bible.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:42
    Prove or disprove your assertion that "Jehova" is not a correct translation of the name for God.

I am not a Jehova's Witness btw, not even religious. I'm mainly just curious and have read a bit of the bible.
    Which bits have you read that made you curious? What are you curious about?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 20:23

No he cannot prove or disprove anything, he's simply a Witness hater and a troll, best not to feed him.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 20:27
    No he cannot prove or disprove anything, he's simply a Witness hater and a troll, best not to feed him.
    I'm not the one ignoring the only person taking an interest in your sad little thread.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 20:49

God uses many different names in the bible...

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/695/what-are-the-different-names-of-god-in-the-bible-and-what-do-they-mean
  15. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 21:09
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    God uses many different names in the bible...

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/695/what-are-the-different-names-of-god-in-the-bible-and-what-do-they-mean
    Are these "names" in context or are most of them words that refer to god like "him," "her" or "they?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree