1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 23:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no but translators should be, the problem is, that your translators make a special case for Jesus, every time.
    They have to fabricate up whatever they can to make the trinity and other pagan beliefs work.
    After all "it must be true cause they've been teaching it from their pulpits for a thousand years, so it gots to be true no matter what them pesky JW's say!!!!"
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 01:41
    Originally posted by galveston75
    They have to fabricate up whatever they can to make the trinity and other pagan beliefs work.
    After all "it must be true cause they've been teaching it from their pulpits for a thousand years, so it gots to be true no matter what them pesky JW's say!!!!"
    I believe it is more like 1900 years. Now are you convinced? 😏

The Instuctor
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 01:53
    No ones is saved right now anyway except for the chosen ones....

But ones future is in the balance and worshipping God with truth is very important or maybe in some cases here with some it isn't, righ?.

If you want to believe "whatever" and do as you think is ok, then talk to your buddies here such as RJH. He does whatever he thinks is right in h ...[text shortened]... talk to one if us the next time we take the time out of our life's to come to your door....
    Most people don't take the time to talk to you, because they have already heard enough of your cultic lies, and they don't wish to be disrespectful toward your false religion.

The Instructor
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 03:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe it is more like 1900 years. Now are you convinced? 😏

The Instuctor
    Oh well yeah that 900 years makes it that much more the reason to believe it for sure....Lol
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 03:49
    Most people don't take the time to talk to you, because they have already heard enough of your cultic lies, and they don't wish to be disrespectful toward your false religion.

The Instructor
    Disrespectful? Like you are?
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 04:082 edits
    not only is (I am that I am) not even proper English, nor a proper translation, to pin some kind of doctrinal matter on it is a nonsense. Its funny how every time it comes to Jesus the trinitarians make a special case, someone else does obeisance, a form of eastern salutation and when it comes to Jesus it suddenly becomes an act of worship! The fir ...[text shortened]... changes to a definite one, despite all other instances of Greek usage. Who is kidding who here?
    I was not even trying to make a doctrinal issue of God saying I AM....I was just saying How fitting it is that God told Moses to tell Pharaoh tell him I Am has sent you.

14 At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE What I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU.’'

This is from the New World Translation ans sounds just as odd as "I am that I am" My only point is this bit of scripture is God revealing something about Himself......The self existing one.....He always is there is nothing incorrect to say this about God

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 04:13
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Well put Manny
    Thanks

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 04:20
    As I've told you before if you don't want to discuss this Manny, DON'T!
    I've been discussing and your not gonna tell me NOT too.....you don't really discuss though you just ask a question with your preset answer and anyone who who does not agree is a heretic. Also you never have an answer of your own it's cookie cutter preset and if we get you then you go into persecution mode.

Manny

PS: the NWT is just another translation created by JWs and has a bias to fit the JW doctrine so what? Just like you say every other translation has a bias toward trinitarism (spelling 😉 )
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 04:23
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am

kinda goes either way in translation

Manny
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 05:21
    Disrespectful? Like you are?
    Yeah. But I am just an old redneck. You guys couldn't care less what I think.

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I was not even trying to make a doctrinal issue of God saying I AM....I was just saying How fitting it is that God told Moses to tell Pharaoh tell him I Am has sent you.

14 At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE What I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU elf existing one.....He always is there is nothing incorrect to say this about God

Manny
    The only reason they changed that from "I AM" was it sounded too much like Jesus was calling Himself the same name God spoke to Moses that He would be called from generation to generation, when He said to the Jews,

“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Then they took up stones to throw at Him...

(John 8:58-59 NKJV)

The Instructor
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 08:233 edits
    The only reason they changed that from "I AM" was it sounded too much like Jesus was calling Himself the same name God spoke to Moses that He would be called from generation to generation, when He said to the Jews,

[b]“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Then they took up stones to throw at Him...

(John 8:58-59 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    again not even proper English, your translators seem to want to twist scripture in order to fit their dogma.

Christ is making a statement that he existed before Abraham, why your translators make reference to an event in the past (Abraham existence) and then link it with an action in the present (I AM) is quite ludicrous and illustrative of the type of religious bias that has crept into your translations,

after i went for a walk, breakfast i eat. huh?

no wonder your churches are in such a mess.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 08:24
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am

kinda goes either way in translation

Manny
    does it, then perhaps you would like to point out the Hebrew for us and how that I AM is a fitting translation.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 08:38
    does it, then perhaps you would like to point out the Hebrew for us and how that I AM is a fitting translation.
    You wouldn't know the Hebrew if it bit you in the buttocks. All you do is read what is in your Watchtower publications and believe everything they tell you without question.

The Instructor
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 08:57
    You wouldn't know the Hebrew if it bit you in the buttocks. All you do is read what is in your Watchtower publications and believe everything they tell you without question.

The Instructor
    On the contrary the Watchtower Bible and tract society of Pennsylvania and New York incorporated has produced a plethora of publications on the subject, many of which I have read, indeed, Christ stated that a faithful slave will give food to the domestics at the proper time, we have an abundance of spiritual food while there is a spiritual famine in Christendom., that is why you produce so many weak and wimpy Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree