New World Translation.

New World Translation.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
This is what I mean. When the Coptics make the same mistake as you, you claim it is the true 'will of God', and yet the Egyptian patriarchs also headed the first three Ecumenical Councils, which you claim to be the work of the Devil. Well, which is it?
the Coptics made the same mistake? what evidence do you have that they were mistaken, after all, they were in possession of much earlier manuscripts than you or I, possibly to the second or third century, a mere few generations since the apostle penned his words.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the Coptics made the same mistake? what evidence do you have that they were mistaken, after all, they were in possession of much earlier manuscripts than you or I, possibly to the second or third century, a mere few generations since the apostle penned his words.
You do know that the Watchtower got their theology from Arianism don't you. Arius had that Egyptian coptic translation and came up with that heresay that the early Church fought against and later declared it a heresay. Here is a link to a wiki article on Arianism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism

The Instructor

rc

Moves
02 Jun 13
4 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
You do know that the Watchtower got their theology from Arianism don't you. Arius had that Egyptian coptic translation and came up with that heresay that the early Church fought against and later declared it a heresay. Here is a link to a wiki article on Arianism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism

The Instructor
No we get our beliefs from scripture, the fact that Arian also was correct in his evaluation of scripture is merely a coincidence, in fact the only reason that you hold the beliefs that you do is because of your silly church traditions merged with paganism that have made the word of God invalid. I look forward to the coming of the Christ when he will reveal who really are wheat and who really are weeds.

Those that are evangelising are the ones that will be saved.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 13

No we get our beliefs from scripture, the fact that Arian also was correct in his evaluation of scripture is merely a coincidence, in fact the only reason that you hold the beliefs that you do is because of your silly church traditions merged with paganism that have made the word of God invalid. I look forward to the coming of the Christ when he wil ...[text shortened]... wheat and who really are weeds.

Those that are evangelising are the ones that will be saved.
But the Arians were not correct in their understanding of scripture. They were declared heretics. Don't you understand what a heretic is? That is the same thing you JWs are -- heretics.

The Instructor

rc

Moves
02 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
But the Arians were not correct in their understanding of scripture. They were declared heretics. Don't you understand what a heretic is? That is the same thing you JWs are -- heretics.

The Instructor
Meaningless drivel

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Actually, spiritually, man has not done good overall the last 2000 years Manny.
What Jesus taught was truth with no influance at all of pagainistic teachings. Right?
So understanding that and then he and the apostles cleary said that after their deaths, false teachings would begin to enter into the congregations and teachings of Jesus and mislead man ...[text shortened]... chance of being altered, why the warning in Revelation to tell humans not to do that?
The NWT even with its JW bias is nothing new it is basically and virtually just another translation so........really your argument has no validity. If we wanted to be Intellectually honest we'd all learn the original languages and read it in those languages. There are tons of translations in various different languages this does not diminish the message in any measurable way.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jun 13

For a JW to claim this is really, really astounding (or maybe not so unbelievable, really), because the truth is the reverse of this. It is the JWs who created their own Bible to deny the already-longstanding, mainstream Christian concept of the Trinity.

Again, a matter of their Word coming from their Dogma, instead of the traditional Christian method of drawing their dogma from the word of God.
Well I find it astounding that you and most think the long time acceptd Bibles are correct. They aren't on certian issues no matter how much you want it to be.

Are you saying that God cannot step in anytime he see's the need or within his timetable to make corrections to his word the Bible if he knows a mistake in it's translation has been made?

Do you or anyone here have some special connection or conversations with God that he has told you the NWT is not backed by him and to say it can't be a corrected translation?

If you have this special insight with God, please let me know....

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 13

I guess my question was just too hard for you.

Let's just forget it. It's not like I'll get a real answer from you on this.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jun 13

I guess my question was just too hard for you.

Let's just forget it. It's not like I'll get a real answer from you on this.
Just because I didn't answer you does not mean it was to hard, just didn't see the need in answering it just as you don't see the need to answer mine as I suppected you can't.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jun 13

Originally posted by menace71
The NWT even with its JW bias is nothing new it is basically and virtually just another translation so........really your argument has no validity. If we wanted to be Intellectually honest we'd all learn the original languages and read it in those languages. There are tons of translations in various different languages this does not diminish the message in any measurable way.

Manny
There is no bias here Manny. Just being consistant with the rest of the Bible which never teaches the trinity.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Jun 13

Well I find it astounding that you and most think the long time acceptd Bibles are correct. They aren't on certian issues no matter how much you want it to be.

Are you saying that God cannot step in anytime he see's the need or within his timetable to make corrections to his word the Bible if he knows a mistake in it's translation has been made?

...[text shortened]... corrected translation?

If you have this special insight with God, please let me know....
Now flip that question around why would God give the JW's some special connection that no other humans on this whole earth would have? Why would God wait 1800+ years to fix a translation? Your NWT is no better (or worse) than any other translation except for the JW slant. By the way even your coveted NWT has been altered from the original NWT when it was released. I can and will prove it if you like. The NWT has flaws just like the NASB and the King James and the NKJ version.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Jun 13

There is no bias here Manny. Just being consistant with the rest of the Bible which never teaches the trinity.
Your so caught up on the trinity.......God is god and what more can we say? Do you believe that you can know God personally? That He wants to dwell in you ? His spirit wants to dwell in clay vessels (Us) Do you believe that God wants to have a relationship with us? I'm don't really care to argue about the trinity God can reveal His nature to us when and How he chooses anyway.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jun 13

Now flip that question around why would God give the JW's some special connection that no other humans on this whole earth would have? Why would God wait 1800+ years to fix a translation? Your NWT is no better (or worse) than any other translation except for the JW slant. By the way even your coveted NWT has been altered from the original NWT when it was re ...[text shortened]... ou like. The NWT has flaws just like the NASB and the King James and the NKJ version.

Manny
Why not? Do you know God's will and plans and how he maneuvers it thru history, even today or the last 100 years? No of course not, so for anyone to question something he does even if you don't understand it, is being foolish.
Can you prove to me that he isn't active in doing things you can't see or don't agree with?
Just because it is different then the status quo does not mean it's wrong, does it? In fact Jesus said the world did not accept him and would neither accept his followers. Jesus was not the status quo either in that time.
And why not the JW's being used by God? Do we have to be 8 million or 20 million or a billion before you might consider it? Do numbers make it so?
And does not the Bible say that his people would be objects of hatred by ALL the nations?
So in your eyes there is no way we could be used by God because of our size, our short history, or that in your eyes God has done nothing in 1800 years? Who desides the qualifications that you propose to be accepted as someone being used by God? You? RJH? The local Babtist church?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jun 13

Your so caught up on the trinity.......God is god and what more can we say? Do you believe that you can know God personally? That He wants to dwell in you ? His spirit wants to dwell in clay vessels (Us) Do you believe that God wants to have a relationship with us? I'm don't really care to argue about the trinity God can reveal His nature to us when and How he chooses anyway.

Manny
God demands that we worship him with spirit and what? "Truth". If the trinity is not true and you believe it and teach others it, you are not being truthful to yourself, others and to God.
If you don't think that is important, your missing a big life involving issue with God and that's exactly the blindness satan wants all humans to be in spiritually....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Jun 13

I have as much knowledge as you do about the last 100 years and I believe in providence ( the hand of God being in the affairs of man) You are very presumptuous to claim to know what others know. Man the forums were so peaceful without you guys stirring up trouble. You lump all people together I don't agree with RJ at least not on many issues and I don't agree with his methods but I don't agree with yours either. If we went word for word through the NWT and say the NIV or NASB or any English translation guess what? I would bet about 98% of the words are the same or very similar meaning that is my point so except where bias comes in there almost the same is my point. God is bigger even than the bible.

Manny