no title

no title

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
09 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
You are right on that some here don't seem to understand that using the bible is a very important thing to do if your going to teach or to back up your claims to others.
Dive dude doesn't seem to understand that. Even if he quotes a scripture and misapplies it at least it would show he's trying. But nothing from him at all that I can remember.
I really don't think he can....
he occasionally churns out the usual Isaiah jive about Jesus being almighty God unaware that the text does not say that. Thats the only evidence of any scriptural reference i can recall him ever using. FMF for having been an alleged Christian for thirty years has to my knowledge never introduced a Biblical verse and instead attempts to utilise emotive issues in order to attack the spirituality of others. One wonders what Biblical literature he was reading for all of those thirty years.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 15

What you can't find any scriptures at all that would teach me or anyone here at RHP about your beliefs and why mine are so wrong? Not even one?
Let me ask you a question Galveston; how many gods do you recognise. A Mighty god and an Almighty god. We've been there before right?

One of these gods (the "Mighty" one) you admit is Jesus who you also claim is an angel.

Jesus is your Mighty God and Saviour and the archangel Michael.

The Archangel Micheal is your Saviour.

Jehovah is also your Almighty God and Saviour.

This is pantheism Galveston. Paganism. Error of the highest magnitude.

🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Evidently personal opinion carries more weight than Gods word the Bible.
You don't worship the same god as Christians. You follow "another Jesus".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 15

You are right on that some here don't seem to understand that using the bible is a very important thing to do if your going to teach or to back up your claims to others.
Dive dude doesn't seem to understand that. Even if he quotes a scripture and misapplies it at least it would show he's trying. But nothing from him at all that I can remember.
I really don't think he can....
I don't claim to be anything other than a Christian.

You on the other hand claim to be an member of the cult who claims to be the sole holders of god's truth on earth.

Please tell me one area of spiritual doctrine, dogma or insight that you are open to opinion on.

Thanks.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Let me ask you a question Galveston; how many gods do you recognise. A Mighty god and an Almighty god. We've been there before right?

One of these gods (the "Mighty" one) you admit is Jesus who you also claim is an angel.

Jesus is your Mighty God and Saviour and the archangel Michael.

The Archangel Micheal is your Saviour.

Jehovah is also ...[text shortened]... and Saviour.

This is pantheism Galveston. Paganism. Error of the highest magnitude.

🙂
No sir I will not answer any of your questions. I challenged you to use a scripture from your bible to prove anything you believe and why we are wrong on any of the subjects you claim we are wrong about. Why aren't you able to do that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 15
1 edit

No sir I will not answer any of your questions. I challenged you to use a scripture from your bible to prove anything you believe and why we are wrong on any of the subjects you claim we are wrong about. Why aren't you able to do that?
Well I challenged you to use scriptures to prove you are right. You are the one making the big claims the onus is on you to prove your point.

Besides I've just "proved" using your own claims about Isaiah 9:6-7 that what you believe is pantheism. Why don't you deal with that biggie before we move on?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jan 15

Well I challenged you to use scriptures to prove you are right. You are the one making the big claims the onus is on you to prove your point.

Besides I've just "proved" using your own claims about Isaiah 9:6-7 that what you believe is pantheism. Why don't you deal with that biggie before we move on?
I don't think it's pantheism.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I don't think it's pantheism.
What is the term when a theist has more than one god?

F

Moves
09 Jan 15
1 edit

I challenged you to use a scripture from your bible to prove anything you believe and why we are wrong on any of the subjects you claim we are wrong about. Why aren't you able to do that?
If your religious literature has prophesized any of the positive changes and examples of progress there have been in the world since, say, 1914, show me where. If you are not able to do that, why not?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jan 15
1 edit

Hello...anyone home? Perhaps you missed the scriptures in my post on the first two pages here?

So.....we see you have nothing, no scriptures and nothing other then you tiny little opinion, which mean nothing and certianly proves you have no idea what the bible says on much of anything. If you did you would have posted them by now. It seems you are provong "false to the power" of the bible.

"If anyone who professes to serve God relies on his own ideas instead of adhering to the Bible and if his teaching does not ‘accord with godly devotion,’ thus failing to reflect the teacher’s devotion to God, he becomes “mentally diseased.” (1Ti 6:3, 4) The apostle Paul warned his younger fellow minister Timothy about ungodly ones who professed devotion to God. He cautioned Timothy to handle the Word of the truth aright, shunning empty speeches that violate what is holy, that Timothy might not be turned from the way of godly devotion. He then pointed out that there would be those who would practice all sorts of wickedness, hypocritically having a form of godly devotion but (((((( proving false to its power.)))))))) (2Ti 2:15, 16; 3:1-5) Jude likewise shows that such ones would have no genuine reverence for God or devotion to him, no respect or appreciation for his undeserved kindness. They would be persons using godliness for materialistic or sensual gain. Their hypocrisy is revealed in their practice of acts of loose conduct.—Jude 4."

Do you see the scriptures in that statement? See and learn.....

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jan 15

What is the term when a theist has more than one god?
Polytheism.

F

Moves
09 Jan 15

"If anyone who professes to serve God relies on his own ideas instead of adhering to the Bible and if his teaching does not ‘accord with godly devotion,’ thus failing to reflect the teacher’s devotion to God, he becomes “mentally diseased.”
Surely when there are different interpretations of Bible verses on the table, in a public forum like this where people are airing and sharing their views, discussion and debate about your differences is a healthy thing rather than trying to inhibit the discourse with talk of fellow Christians being "mentally diseased"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Surely when there are different interpretations of Bible verses on the table, in a public forum like this where people are airing and sharing their views, discussion and debate about your differences is a healthy thing rather than trying to inhibit the discourse with talk of fellow Christians being "mentally diseased"?
The bible is extreemly clear on ones like this and who it fits......

F

Moves
09 Jan 15

The bible is extreemly clear on ones like this and who it fits......
Yes but any Christian with a different interpretation can brandish the "mentally diseased" thing at any other Christian that he or she disagrees with, so in a public forum like this with a diverse set of followers of Christ, and not being a JW message board where you might seek to coerce or reprimand members of your group, I don't see how it serves your purpose to dodge meaningful discussion [in this thread's case] about the state of the world, and instead engage in holier-than-thou bickering. It's just daft and unpleasant of you to claim divegeester is "as dangerous as Satan". You sell yourself short as a proponent of your version of Christianity when you conduct yourself in this way.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Yes but any Christian with a different interpretation can brandish the "mentally diseased" thing at any other Christian that he or she disagrees with, so in a public forum like this with a diverse set of followers of Christ, and not being a JW message board where you might seek to coerce or reprimand members of your group, I don't see how it serves your purpose ...[text shortened]... self short as a proponent of your version of Christianity when you conduct yourself in this way.
Ok, lets review... How did this thread start? With bible based information with scriptures to back it up. My motive is to possibly help ones see the time period we live in and maybe make sure they are doing the right things in God's eyes to first understand what he had his son say to us so we can see clearly the time period we live in is infact happening now. He also said many would not see it and would in fact say nothing of the sort is happening.
I did not post this to have dive dude "as usual" come in on this and "as usual" post comments of irritation, disgust and his general wanting to pull the rug out from underneath real serious spiritual information and conversations.
Just go back and look at his first few comments to see this is a fact he always pulls on many here.

Now..if he had voiced his opinion in a civil and mature way and added a couple scriptures that he thought showed we are not in the last days of this system, then believe it or not we may of had a decent converstion as we compared scriptures like a spiritul person should do.

But he has yet up to this date ever done that with anyone here. And that is why that scripture fits him more then anyone I've ever known....

Why are you the only one on this huge forum that defends him?