1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    11 May '11 06:57
    http://www.aolnews.com/story/presbyterians-clear-way-for-gay-clergy/1798997/

    Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.
  2. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51438
    11 May '11 08:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.aolnews.com/story/presbyterians-clear-way-for-gay-clergy/1798997/

    Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.
    Jesus was hopelessly wrong then.
  3. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    11 May '11 08:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.aolnews.com/story/presbyterians-clear-way-for-gay-clergy/1798997/

    Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.
    I don't think that Jesus explicitly addressed this issue.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    11 May '11 12:43
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I don't think that Jesus explicitly addressed this issue.
    What? Are you having another lapse in reasoning? God himself condemned homosexuality in all Bibles and I bet even in yours, but you think since Jesus who you think is actually God himself would have a change of mind of some kind about this?
    Humm....
    OT: Homosexuality wrong and I even destroyed a couple cities because of that fact.
    NT: "It's ok to be a homosexual now. I must have changed my mind since I didn't specifically mention that I still hate it!"
    Oh my. This is a perfect example of how mans opinions and how churches have lost all spiritual common sense. So lost from the truth of the Bible that you have in your own hand.
  5. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51438
    11 May '11 12:53
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What? Are you having another lapse in reasoning? God himself condemned homosexuality in all Bibles and I bet even in yours, but you think since Jesus who you think is actually God himself would have a change of mind of some kind about this?
    Humm....
    OT: Homosexuality wrong and I even destroyed a couple cities because of that fact.
    NT: "It's ok to b ...[text shortened]... spiritual common sense. So lost from the truth of the Bible that you have in your own hand.
    Did Jesus have anything explicit to say on homosexuality. Is there anything on the topic other than what is in the OT?
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    11 May '11 12:54
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I don't think that Jesus explicitly addressed this issue.
    Paul clearly addressed it. Does that count?
  7. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    11 May '11 12:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.aolnews.com/story/presbyterians-clear-way-for-gay-clergy/1798997/

    Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.
    Do you have a passage which states that Christ's followers would be united in faith?
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    11 May '11 13:172 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.aolnews.com/story/presbyterians-clear-way-for-gay-clergy/1798997/

    Jesus said his followers would be united in faith and would obviously follow God's laws and views on such subjects as this.
    unbelievable that they have cast aside the word of God to establish their own agenda,
    although the scriptures did indicate this very thing would happen.

    (2 Timothy 4:3)  For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the
    healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers
    for themselves . . .
  9. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    11 May '11 13:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What? Are you having another lapse in reasoning? God himself condemned homosexuality in all Bibles and I bet even in yours, but you think since Jesus who you think is actually God himself would have a change of mind of some kind about this?
    Humm....
    OT: Homosexuality wrong and I even destroyed a couple cities because of that fact.
    NT: "It's ok to b ...[text shortened]... spiritual common sense. So lost from the truth of the Bible that you have in your own hand.
    Again, I don't think Jesus addressed this issue explicitly.
  10. St. Peter's
    Joined
    06 Dec '10
    Moves
    11308
    11 May '11 14:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    unbelievable that they have cast aside the word of God to establish their own agenda,
    although the scriptures did indicate this very thing would happen.

    (2 Timothy 4:3)  For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the
    healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers
    for themselves . . .
    I thought you didn't believe in biblical legalism?
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    11 May '11 14:16
    Originally posted by Doward
    I thought you didn't believe in biblical legalism?
    do you have a comment with regard to the verse? if so let it be heard otherwise i shall
    merely direct you to watchtower.org which has a comprehensive list of our beliefs.
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    11 May '11 16:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you have a passage which states that Christ's followers would be united in faith?
    1 Corinthians 1:10 (Amplified Bible)
    10 But I urge and entreat you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in perfect harmony and full agreement in what you say, and that there be no dissensions or factions or divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in your common understanding and in your opinions and judgments.

    Thanks.
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    11 May '11 16:19
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Again, I don't think Jesus addressed this issue explicitly.
    Lots of things Jesus didn't specifically say in direct words but the Bible as a whole clearly does not accept homosexuality. With all your studies of the Bible that should be clear to you.
  14. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51438
    11 May '11 16:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lots of things Jesus didn't specifically say in direct words but the Bible as a whole clearly does not accept homosexuality. With all your studies of the Bible that should be clear to you.
    So Jesus had nothing to say on homosexuality then?
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    2120
    11 May '11 17:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So Jesus had nothing to say on homosexuality then?
    I may be mistaken but, if my memory is correct on this, he was reported to have said something like “do not judge what you do not understand” to some people that were harassing a homosexual -can anyone confirm/refute this?
Back to Top