1. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 May '11 17:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    1 Corinthians 1:10 (Amplified Bible)
    10 But I urge and entreat you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in perfect harmony and full agreement in what you say, and that there be no dissensions or factions or divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in your common understanding and in your opinions and judgments.

Thanks.
    Thanks ... thats Paul, although still a very good and clear verse. I asked for it becuase the Christadelphians (the religion of my parents) have 42 different variations. Definitely not good.

One of the things I admire about the JWs is the single doctrine which they preach. Though I dont agree with all of their beliefs.

To me the safest and soundest doctrines are what Christ taught .. nothing added and nothing removed. Christs teachings are complete and easy to understand but very difficult to follow. Thats why many sects particularly the Pentecostals shy away from it.
  2. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 May '11 18:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thanks ... thats Paul, although still a very good and clear verse. I asked for it becuase the Christadelphians (the religion of my parents) have 42 different variations. Definitely not good.

One of the things I admire about the JWs is the single doctrine which they preach. Though I dont agree with all of their beliefs.

To me the safest and soundest do ...[text shortened]... t very difficult to follow. Thats why many sects particularly the Pentecostals shy away from it.
    Your welcome and I agree. Many religions have some things they don't understand and tend to look the other way instead of really finding the truth and then living by it.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 May '11 20:21
    As CK keeps pointing out: The doctrine of Jesus does not address homosexuality.

Those who choose to judge, condemn, ostracize, discriminate against, etc. homosexuals go against the second commandment of Jesus: "'Love your neighbor as yourself".

Seems like many profess to be "followers of Jesus", "follow the docrtrine of Jesus", etc., yet choose to instead follow the teachings of the OT, Paul, etc.

Jesus explains time and again that HIS followers are to follow HIS word. He does not tell them to follow the word of the OT, the word of Paul, etc.

No wonder there is "No unity in beliefs".
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '11 20:242 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    As CK keeps pointing out: The doctrine of Jesus does not address homosexuality.

Those who choose to judge, condemn, ostracize, discriminate against, etc. homosexuals go against the second commandment of Jesus: "'Love your neighbor as yourself".

Seems like many profess to be "followers of Jesus", "follow the docrtrine of Jesus", etc., yet choose to i ...[text shortened]... the word of the OT, the word of Paul, etc.

No wonder there is "No unity in beliefs".
    actually we have unity of belief and we simply do not limit or beliefs solely to the words
    of Christ, why should we, please explain, why we should limit or beliefs to the words of
    Christ, he was not the only prophet of God, was he? If one loves ones neighbour he
    will not work iniquity towards him or her shall he, he or she will be careful to make
    sure that his life is in harmony with the revealed word of God, shall he or she not? On
    what basis are you transgressing the revealed word of God and seeking to establish
    your own morality, please explain?

As for Christ he clearly alluded as to why their are different sexes, rather
    interestingly he makes room for heterosexual relationships and he makes room for
    celibacy, strangely enough he even upheld the mosaic law, time and again, which in
    itself would condemn any homosexual acts. stating that it is not explicitly
    mentioned is therefore a weak argument, for we have recourse to all these
    references, what have those who advocate homosexuality got? that its not explicitly
    mentioned, hardly compelling , is it.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 May '11 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually we have unity of belief and we simply do not limit or beliefs solely to the words
    of Christ, why should we, please explain, why we should limit or beliefs to the words of
    Christ, he was not the only prophet of God, was he?
    C'mon RC. Why do you seem to so often resort to pretending to not to have understood what others have written?

Reread the title of the thread: "No unity in beliefs" as well as the OP.

Reread the post to which you responded.

Then see if you can manage to put together a thoughtful response.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '11 20:322 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon RC. Why do you seem to so often resort to pretending to not to have understood what others have written?

Reread the title of the thread: "No unity in beliefs" as well as the OP.

Reread the post to which you responded.

Then see if you can manage to put together a thoughtful response.
    no i will not re read any posts, i have made many points, you may make reference to
    at least one of those, if you will. Weak arguments and posturing will not spare you this
    time, you have many things to explain.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 May '11 20:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no i will not re read any posts, i have made many points, you may make reference to
    at least one of those, if you will.
    If you don't comprehend what others have written, then your chances of putting together a thoughtful response are pretty much nil - which pretty much explains the history of your posts.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 May '11 21:07
    1 Corinthians 1:10 (Amplified Bible)
    10 But I urge and entreat you, .......
    I notice that that verse does not answer the question you responded to:
    Do you have a passage which states that Christ's followers would be united in faith?

The verse you quote does not 'state that Christ's followers would be united in faith'. Not in the slightest. It is instead 'urging and entreating' his followers to be united. It is in fact admitting that at the time they were not united and that without persistent effort they would remain un-united.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 May '11 21:30
    Lots of things Jesus didn't specifically say in direct words but the Bible as a whole clearly does not accept homosexuality. With all your studies of the Bible that should be clear to you.
    I won't deny that. It is important to mention because some on this forum such as ThinkofOne distrust the whole canon of Scripture excluding the gospels. Jesus' silence then does allow the possibility of tacit approval for homosexual unions.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 May '11 22:14
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I won't deny that. It is important to mention because some on this forum such as ThinkofOne distrust the whole canon of Scripture excluding the gospels. Jesus' silence then does allow the possibility of tacit approval for homosexual unions.
    If one follows the doctrine of Jesus, one need only look at the following to determine who is in the wrong on this issue:

Matthew 22
    37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Seems unlikely that anyone can make a valid case that homosexuality in and of itself goes against "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

However, it's easy to make the case that those who choose to judge, condemn, ostracize, discriminate against, etc. homosexuals go against "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
  11. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 May '11 22:42
    Well silence in itself still does not mean it's approved. The point that some here are trying to press is that Jesus commanded us to love and to forgive all. But would that mean we are to accept all into our churches, to be our personal friends or invite to our house for a meal?
    Not at all. Again the point here is if one is "praticing" a sin that God has condemned all thru the Bible in many words and with dire results.
    As was discussed in length before, homosexulaity is mentioned in many verses alonge with murderers and thiefs.
    Sure if one used to "practice' thievery once in thire life but had stopped that and had gained control of that practice or sin, then one would rightly be forgiven and accepted into our life's. But if that person still "practices" thievery, one would not or should not be welcomed at all in our churches or circle of friends for the obvious reasons.
    Also If we are all to love our neighbors as Jesus commanded then that has to go both ways. They have to love us too and exposing those practices to us is not loving on their part. God condemns " practicing" homosexuality and has given clear and deadly warnings to us about it. Would it be right to expose ones child to a life style that will be judged very harshly by God in due time if we accept them into or churches and homes if they are "still practicing" that sin?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 May '11 22:54
    Well silence in itself still does not mean it's approved. The point that some here are trying to press is that Jesus commanded us to love and to forgive all. But would that mean we are to accept all into our churches, to be our personal friends or invite to our house for a meal?
    Not at all. Again the point here is if one is "praticing" a sin that God ...[text shortened]... f we accept them into or churches and homes if they are "still practicing" that sin?
    You think homosexuality is comparable to theft?
  13. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 May '11 00:29
    You think homosexuality is comparable to theft?
    It 's condemned by God no matter if we think one is more serious then another. We have to go with God's views and not ours or what the world says is ok..

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality ( or men who lay with men )

Revelation 22:15

15 Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (New Century Version)

9 I wrote you in my earlier letter not to associate with those who sin sexually.
    10 But I did not mean you should not associate with those of this world who sin sexually, or with the greedy, or robbers, or those who worship idols. To get away from them you would have to leave this world.
    11 I am writing to tell you that you must not associate with those who call themselves believers in Christ but who sin sexually, or are greedy, or worship idols, or abuse others with words, or get drunk, or cheat people. Do not even eat with people like that.

12-13 It is not my business to judge those who are not part of the church. God will judge them. But you must judge the people who are part of the church. The Scripture says, "You must get rid of the evil person among you."

Here we are told to get rid or remove anyone who are doing or practicing these things.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 08:50
    It 's condemned by God no matter if we think one is more serious then another. We have to go with God's views and not ours or what the world says is ok..

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divis ...[text shortened]... "

Here we are told to get rid or remove anyone who are doing or practicing these things.
    I thought you were a Christian, someone who followed the teachings of Christ. What does this Pauline dung have to do with anything?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '11 09:02
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I thought you were a Christian, someone who followed the teachings of Christ. What does this Pauline dung have to do with anything?
    (2 Timothy 3:16-17) . . .All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for
    reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,  that the man of
    God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree