1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 09:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (2 Timothy 3:16-17) . . .All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for
    reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,  that the man of
    God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
    So Paul's content of the Bible is -

........inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,.......

because Paul said so.

Genius.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '11 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So Paul's content of the Bible is -

........inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,.......

because Paul said so.

Genius.
    not only Pauls content, but the entire Hebrew portion. The question was asked of
    thinkofone, who in his obfuscation could not answer it, therefore i shall enquire of you.
    Why should a Christian make a moral judgement with respect to what Christ did not
    say? for this is what the argument amounts to.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 May '11 10:32
    not only Pauls content, but the entire Hebrew portion. The question was asked of
    thinkofone, who in his obfuscation could not answer it, therefore i shall enquire of you.
    Why should a Christian make a moral judgement with respect to what Christ did not
    Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

While Jesus spoke of the unity of believers He also knew there would be false prophets. Even though there are false prophets Christians are united in faith in Christ. Even though Christians are divided on some (many) points of doctrine we are united in the fundamentals of the faith.

Luke 10:3 - Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '11 10:351 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

While Jesus spoke of the unity of believers He also knew there would be false prophets. Even though there are false prophets Christians are united in faith in Christ. Even though Christians are divided on some (many) points of doctrine ...[text shortened]... tals of the faith.

Luke 10:3 - Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
    umm maybe thinkofone does have a point (but i doubt it), my skills of comprehension
    seem to be waning, but what has this got to do with a Christian making moral
    judgements based upon what is not explicitly written in the Bible? Indeed, for the
    issue that was initially raised was the acceptance of homosexuality, are you saying that
    this is the result of false prophets?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 10:40
    This means diddly squat to me. I asked if there was any scripture in which Jesus explicitly mentioned homosexuality, all i got was a resounding silence.

I find it curious that you keep claiming that a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ, yet more often that not Paul's writings are wheeled out as evidence. It seems to me that what you actually mean is that a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ and Paul.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 10:41

Why couldn't this apply to Paul?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '11 10:521 edit
    This means diddly squat to me. I asked if there was any scripture in which Jesus explicitly mentioned homosexuality, all i got was a resounding silence.

I find it curious that you keep claiming that a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ, yet more often that not Paul's writings are wheeled out as evidence. It seems to me that what you actually mean is that a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ and Paul.
    dear Noobster it is agreed is it not that Christ was a Hebrew, that he upheld the
    Mosaic law, in both word and deed, is it not the case? now i am sure we do not
    need to detail the penalties for homosexuality (which Christ upheld) as explicitly
    documented in the ordinances of the Mosaic law. This is our first point of
    reference. Secondly Christ made reference to the creation, specifically of Adam
    and Eve, in which he demonstrated that it was Gods purpose for a man and a
    women to be as one, again upholding the natural state of affairs ( i was going to
    say traditional, but natural is better). He also made reference to celibacy. He did
    not make any allowance for homosexuality and indeed as a Rabbi, that is a teacher
    of the Mosiac law, he would naturally have upheld its tenets. What the argument of
    those who are trying to establish that it should be acceptable to Christians is based
    not upon what is written, but upon what is not explicitly mentioned. They have no
    references, no example and no grounds for accepting a practice that is thoroughly
    condemned throughout the Bible. Now the question i have asked for a third time,
    without adequate reply is, on what basis should a Christian be willing to accept a
    practice that is condemned throughout Gods word? On the basis that Christ never
    explicitly mentioned it is not good enough, in fact, its simply an excuse.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 May '11 11:04

Why couldn't this apply to Paul?
    The answer to that question is way beyond you level of comprehension. hehehe

Paul's Apostleship is beyond dispute. If you deny that, then you are woefully ignorant. Period.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 May '11 11:08
    umm maybe thinkofone does have a point (but i doubt it), my skills of comprehension
    seem to be waning, but what has this got to do with a Christian making moral
    judgements based upon what is not explicitly written in the Bible? Indeed, for the
    issue that was initially raised was the acceptance of homosexuality, are you saying that
    this is the result of false prophets?
    All questions of morality are expressly addressed by scripture.

2 Peter 1:3 - According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: (italics mine)
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 12:131 edit
    dear Noobster it is agreed is it not that Christ was a Hebrew, that he upheld the
    Mosaic law, in both word and deed, is it not the case? now i am sure we do not
    need to detail the penalties for homosexuality (which Christ upheld) as explicitly
    documented in the ordinances of the Mosaic law. This is our first point of
    reference. Secondly Ch ...[text shortened]... s that Christ never
    explicitly mentioned it is not good enough, in fact, its simply an excuse.
    So there is no explicit mentioning of homosexuality by Jesus. The rest is just conjecture, postulation and whatever you usually term it.

As for your question, i'm not a Christian remember.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 12:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    The answer to that question is way beyond you level of comprehension. hehehe

Paul's Apostleship is beyond dispute. If you deny that, then you are woefully ignorant. Period.
    Why is Paul's 'Apostleship beyond dispute'?!

He just seems like some 'Johnny come lately' who wrote a load of bumpf and then declared it was all inspired.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 May '11 12:352 edits
    So there is no explicit mentioning of homosexuality by Jesus. The rest is just conjecture, postulation and whatever you usually term it.

As for your question, i'm not a Christian remember.
    Well it seems you just have a personal problem of connecting the dots with comprehension and the continuing theme in the Bible on morals. If one wants to discredit the Bible as a whole or in whatever parts one wants, that's their decision. But that personal descision of yours does not make this clear moral fact that's in the Bible and that Jesus as well as all the apostles clearly condemened this gross act of homosexuality. It's a disguting thing in God's eyes and his son would have had the same viewpoint, period!!!!!!!!
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 12:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well it seems you just have a personal problem of connecting the dots with comprehension and the continuing theme in the Bible on morals. If one wants to discredit the Bible as a whole or in whatever parts one wants, that's their decision. But that personal descision of yours does not make this clear moral fact that's in the Bible and that Jesus as well ...[text shortened]... disguting thing in God's eyes and his son would have had the same viewpoint, period!!!!!!!!
    Utter postulation and conjecture with your normal condescending attitude thrown at me with your normal shocking use of the English language.

I know what the Bible says, i was asking what Jesus said. You seem to be confusing the two.

Did Jesus have anything explicit to say on homosexuality? A simple yes or no will suffice. I'm not interested in what the OT says, or what Paul or anyone else says.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 May '11 12:55
    Utter postulation and conjecture with your normal condescending attitude thrown at me with your normal shocking use of the English language.

I know what the Bible says, i was asking what Jesus said. You seem to be confusing the two.

Did Jesus have anything explicit to say on homosexuality? A simple yes or no will suffice. I'm not interested in what the OT says, or what Paul or anyone else says.
    I answered your question in my last post....Either you understand it or you don't.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 May '11 13:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I answered your question in my last post....Either you understand it or you don't.
    If you think that is a yes or no answer to my question then you are thicker than i think you are already.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree