noah's ark

noah's ark

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
No, the start of a tribe yes, but it was started when God called one man.
Yes kelly. Your ears only heard what you could handle. This lone man was part of a tribe, and guess who he preached to.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Aug 17

You running around with your fingers in your ears so you don't hear from God is on you. I promise you God has been working among people since the beginning, the fact you have harden your heart to the point you miss Him doesn't mean He has not been reaching out.
All powerful All knowing All loving. Showed up for one man in this wide world.

This makes sense, sure.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Aug 17

... You need eyes to see, and ears to hear what God is doing. You fail to grasp that you will never find God, or better said hear God when He reaches out to you....
Learn about basic stuff that doesn't depend on authority, and grow from there. You will be far more satisfied.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 17

Originally posted by @apathist
All powerful All knowing All loving. Showed up for one man in this wide world.

This makes sense, sure.
So he was the only righteous man at that time, The only one he could talk to.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 17

Learn about basic stuff that doesn't depend on authority, and grow from there. You will be far more satisfied.
You are missing the creator of the universe, if one of us is missing something that would be you.

F

Moves
14 Aug 17
1 edit

This is one of the things making me glad I'm not christian. To think freely and not according to authorities in order not to end up in hell.

When I got socially punished in church in my teen age, because I suggested that god perhaps was a woman. That was the seed to think about, if I really belonged there. When I had left the church, my life become easier. I don't miss the paradoxes.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
This is one of the things making me glad I'm not christian. To think freely and not according to authorities in order not to end up in hell.

When I got socially punished in church in my teen age, because I suggested that god perhaps was a woman. That was the seed to think about, if I really belonged there. When I had left the church, my life become easier. I don't miss the paradoxes.
When I went to school I had the freedom to learn all that stuff about science it just doesn't work and doesn't make sense. Because all it is is a theory nothing more at this point.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @rbhill
When I went to school I had the freedom to learn all that stuff about science it just doesn't work and doesn't make sense. Because all it is is a theory nothing more at this point.
You mean theory like you drop a rock on your toe and it hurts? Gravity is a theory, not real? Blood flowing through bodies is theory? That little bits of silicon or other stuff can make lasers? That's just theory? The computer you type on to talk on the net, that is just theory? All that science work by Beriers Lee to make the internet work is just theory?
The idea that the speed of light is about a billion miles per hour or 300000 odd Km per second, that is unproven theory? Like those roadside signs that posts your speed as you drive by and flashes when you hit 70 MPH, based on radar which goes at the speed of light, all theory, nothing to back it up? What are you on right now anyway?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Aug 17

Originally posted by @rbhill
Gravity doesn't exist. It is just a theory.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
14 Aug 17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-V-ZfRXReKM

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
So he was the only righteous man at that time, The only one he could talk to.
God can't talk to people without their permission. But a world full of people and only one good man? Lord knows there were no good women, right?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Aug 17

God can't talk to people without their permission. But a world full of people and only one good man? Lord knows there were no good women, right?
Many think that Mary (Magdalene) was as spiritual/powerful as Jesus. The same people say that the men who wrote the bible left these bits out so as to empower men in the future.

Have you guys heard this one?

True or not it would make sense that a loving God would want to empower men and women equally. It would also make sense that the mysoginists of the time would want to keep womens lib out of the bible

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Aug 17

You are missing the creator of the universe, if one of us is missing something that would be you.
Then give reason to change my mind.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Many think that Mary (Magdalene) was as spiritual/powerful as Jesus. The same people say that the men who wrote the bible left these bits out so as to empower men in the future.

Have you guys heard this one?

True or not it would make sense that a loving God would want to empower men and women equally. It would also make sense that the mysoginists of the time would want to keep womens lib out of the bible.
I see no reason to doubt that King James was cherry picked, and misogyny was part of it. Can't let women own property.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Aug 17

Then give [b]reason to change my mind.[/b]
What would you accept?