noah's ark

noah's ark

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You are missing the creator of the universe, if one of us is missing something that would be you.
Shiva! Built the world long before your pretender showed up.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel...
Have you guys heard this one?...
Yeah. The scrolls were cherry-picked by men with an agenda.They did a good job, if fooling the population was the goal. People are surprisingly stupid.

F

Moves
15 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @rbhill
When I went to school I had the freedom to learn all that stuff about science it just doesn't work and doesn't make sense. Because all it is is a theory nothing more at this point.
Good for you. Science is crap, right?
And still you are using the fruits of the evil science? Shame on you! Hell is awaiting you!
Without science, no internet.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Aug 17

When I went to school I had the freedom to learn all that stuff about science it just doesn't work and doesn't make sense. Because all it is is a theory nothing more at this point.
Religion is theory sir, not science.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Religion is theory sir, not science.
No religion is supernatural science is not

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @apathist
Shiva! Built the world long before your pretender showed up.
Well, if you have another god you serve, you have another god you serve.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Aug 17

Gravity doesn't exist. It is just a theory.
Some people have the idea that if something is a theory, this means that it is JUST a theory, and THAT means that it can be safely denied or ignored with no embarrassing intellectual consequences. We have already seen what tortuous and untenable claims some people are prepared to make to salvage the Noah's ark story from several obvious objections which require deep time.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Aug 17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-V-ZfRXReKM
Are you frigging kidding? You actually think a guy jumping up and falling back down disproves gravity? You better check your meds. You figure because a dude can temporarily use the force of his legs to jump that somehow disproves gravity? Exactly how would anyone think that disproves gravity? Doesn't the part where he comes back down show anything? A bee can fly, so that disproves gravity? A rocket launches satellites into orbit, that disproves gravity? That jumping idiot is the most idiotic idiot I have ever come across and I have seen a lot of idiots in my long tenure on this planet.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Aug 17

Beating a dead horse, but what's wrong with that.

The people who should listen, won't.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Are you frigging kidding? You actually think a guy jumping up and falling back down disproves gravity? You better check your meds. You figure because a dude can temporarily use the force of his legs to jump that somehow disproves gravity? Exactly how would anyone think that disproves gravity? Doesn't the part where he comes back down show anything? A bee c ...[text shortened]... idiot I have ever come across and I have seen a lot of idiots in my long tenure on this planet.
You mean I'm not at the top of your list any more. πŸ™

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Aug 17

Well, if you have another god you serve, you have another god you serve.
Take the wide view, and they're all over the place. We are an imaginative species. I'm on record that religion has been crucial to our rise from the muck.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 17

Take the wide view, and they're all over the place. We are an imaginative species. I'm on record that religion has been crucial to our rise from the muck.
I think religion has sent many into the muck as well. The trouble with it, it has people in it,
and we can be such buggers from time to time. I'm including myself in that by the way.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 17

Originally posted by @proper-knob
Has anyone ever reconstructed a whole dinosaur from one or two bones?
I forgot about this, been busy...I'll look for it this weekend....sorry...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Aug 17

I forgot about this, been busy...I'll look for it this weekend....sorry...
Don't forget this one as well. πŸ™‚

Could you start by highlighting a couple of snippets of evidence to support this claim of
yours. In your view what evidence doesn't support the narrative that all life shares a common ancestor?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @proper-knob
Don't forget this one as well. πŸ™‚

Could you start by highlighting a couple of snippets of evidence to support this claim of
yours. In your view what evidence doesn't support the narrative that all life shares a common ancestor?
For me it's what little I know about designing something that has to function properly to work. Mutations that are randomly placed throughout a living system would do more harm than good, I don't believe enough trial an error could produce stop starts, correct pressures, defensive mechanisms, genders, sight, hearing, and on an on.

Even getting a good mutation due to the random nature of change doesn't mean it wouldn't turn right around and disappear with the next mutation.

An established life form would have all of those things worked out. Small tweaks might alter it a little, but even with that they could still die.