1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 02:361 edit
    karoly aczel : But you ignore the science

Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Not at all, I just don't accept everything people tell is truth and real when they do not know.
    Should people accept everything you tell them is truth and real when you do not know?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 03:09
    Not at all, I just don't accept everything people tell is truth and real when they do not know.
    Yeah well the genie is out of the bottle for you. You know other information exists. Researched scientific enquiry. And yet you choose not to conform your worldviews to them.
    Christianity looks a whole lot better when guided by actual scientific facts.
    The points that Nye and moonbus have made against the feasibility of a real Noahs Ark have made me think you will need extra-ordinary evidence to prove this one.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 03:46
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yeah well the genie is out of the bottle for you. You know other information exists. Researched scientific enquiry. And yet you choose not to conform your worldviews to them.
    Christianity looks a whole lot better when guided by actual scientific facts.
    The points that Nye and moonbus have made against the feasibility of a real Noahs Ark have made me think you will need extra-ordinary evidence to prove this one.
    Tell me where did everything come from? If the most acceptable and so called accurate explanations about the distant past were wrong how would we know? I rely on science but that doesn't mean everything people believe is true. When beliefs are spouted as facts, I have an issue. I have no issues stating I have faith an beliefs, what cannot be proven I try not to insult others claiming that they are facts. Stating something is thought true because it's science doesn't mean it is!
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 06:10
    Tell me where did everything come from?
    Shiva is the Supreme being who creates, protects and transforms the universe.[5][6][7]
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 06:15
    ... Stating something is thought true because it's science doesn't mean it is!
    Science does not claim truth. It claims knowledge based on evidence and reason, and is always ready willing and able to adjust knowledge given new evidence and better reasons. You should learn about this system of inquiry, because it works.
  6. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 08:58
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Water also shot up from the ground
    And then it receded. Receding water would have carried anything not nailed down back downhill.

Now tell us where all that water, which allegedly covered the highest mountain tops, receded TO? There is no plug hole at the bottom of the ocean.
  7. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 09:17
    God does something supernatural the details I have no doubt He took care of. The aftermath is where you would see it.
    Really, is that the best you can come up with now? 'God must have sorted out all the details.' Come off it. Why didn't God simply make all the evil people disappear by thinking them out of existence? One simple miracle. It makes no sense for an almighty Being to go through the ludicrous rigmarole of orchestrating a flood and then 'fixing' dozens of impossibilities wth separate little miracles, each more improbable than the last.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:38
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Shiva is the Supreme being who creates, protects and transforms the universe.[5][6][7]
    What makes you say that?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:40
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Science does not claim truth. It claims knowledge based on evidence and reason, and is always ready willing and able to adjust knowledge given new evidence and better reasons. You should learn about this system of inquiry, because it works.
    Science doesn't claim truth, people do. The thing about evidence and reason, they are
    always changing and adjusting, always. The thing about truth, no matter how old it is,
    it remains truth.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:41
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    And then it receded. Receding water would have carried anything not nailed down back downhill.

Now tell us where all that water, which allegedly covered the highest mountain tops, receded TO? There is no plug hole at the bottom of the ocean.
    If you look at the whole 66 books you will see that the earth started out covered with water,
    and it happen again during the flood. Yes it receded, but not until it was covered.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:47
    God does something supernatural the details I have no doubt He took care of. The aftermath is where you would see it.
    There we have it, the 'God's Magic Get Out of Jail Free Card'. Try and debate something from a rational point of view and when that fails lay the 'God's Magic' card. Easy.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Really, is that the best you can come up with now? 'God must have sorted out all the details.' Come off it. Why didn't God simply make all the evil people disappear by thinking them out of existence? One simple miracle. It makes no sense for an almighty Being to go through the ludicrous rigmarole of orchestrating a flood and then 'fixing' dozens of impossibilities wth separate little miracles, each more improbable than the last.
    Not the best the reality of it, you think God who wanted to do an event supernatural would
    not cover all of the bases? Raising someone from the dead, oh wait, their remained
    decomposed, damn near zombie like, or raised and completely healed? Since God
    created the universe from nothing, simply by the power of His word, why would dozens of
    little impossibilities be a concern?

Remember, God is eternal in scope both time and space, He is all knowing, He is all
    powerful, to name a few of His traits. Someone who can study all of the universe in an
    instant, while looking at each parts down the smallest individually, since He isn't bound by
    time can cover the details of an event He wants to do? He kept the people's cloths from
    wearing out as they walked in the desert 40 years, feed them, gave them water, this is
    the one you think would fall short at the details?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:52
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    There we have it, the 'God's Magic Get Out of Jail Free Card'. Try and debate something from a rational point of view and when that fails lay the 'God's Magic' card. Easy.
    Normally I don't, but when it is called for yes I will. You believe in things you cannot prove
    don't you, like all life came from a single life form, or do you reject that?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 10:54
    Normally I don't, but when it is called for yes I will. You believe in things you cannot prove
    don't you, like all life came from a single life form, or do you reject that?
    That all life shares a common ancestor is scientific fact. You may of course dispute it, but it still remains a scientific fact.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:07
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    That all life shares a common ancestor is scientific fact. You may of course dispute it, but it still remains a scientific fact.
    You prove my point, scientific fact...and that system is only good until the next piece of
    data shows up and what we thought was a fact no longer is. Scientific facts are not reality
    they are simply what people think today with what they have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree