1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 21:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This may be true, but the time of Prophecy is over. Those who prophesy now are not of God. They are taking advantage of people who are lost and trying to find their way home. Remember, ye shall know them by their fruits. If ANY of their prophecies are wrong, they are not a prophet of God. The Bible has at least taught us this much.

"For they have so ...[text shortened]... Hosea 8:7, KJV

The time of Prophecy is over. The time of Reaping the Whirlwind has begun.
    So are you saying that Nostradamus was a real prophet?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 00:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So are you saying that Nostradamus was a real prophet?
    Of course not. He's part of the current crop of "prophets". Many of his prophecies are wrong.

Or at the very least, so written as to ascertain almost any meaning to them. (Which means they have no meaning.)
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 08:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The time of Prophecy is over. The time of Reaping the Whirlwind has begun.
    When did the time of Prophecy ends? Does the bible say anything about the date?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 10:452 edits
    The trouble with "prophesy" is that in the Bible a lot of what is talked about as "prophesy" is actually visions; Revelation is an obvious example and also much of Daniel. The purpose of prophesy is to provide God's people with inspired direction and to demonstrate that that direction is in fact divinely inspired; it needs to be simple and easy to measure.

Those prophets making predictions in the name of the LORD which do not come to pass are false prophets - such as the timeline of various leaders and spokespersons for Jehovah’s Witness organisation. This doesn't make than necessarily bad people - just not Gods' prophets.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 11:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Those prophets making predictions in the name of the LORD which do not come to pass are false prophets - such as the timeline of various leaders and spokespersons for Jehovah’s Witness organisation. This doesn't make than necessarily bad people - just not Gods' prophets.
    If someone call himself God's prophet, then he is obviously not just that. Doesn't it make him one of the bad people?

Same goes for a denomination: If someone in a denomination calls himself a God's prophet, and he is backed by the members of his denomination, doesn't it make the whole denomination and its members bad people?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 14:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...it needs to be simple and easy to measure.
    Which cannot be applied to any Biblical prophesy.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 16:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Which cannot be applied to any Biblical prophesy.
    Maybe, Biblical prophecies are not meant for the simple minded. 😏
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 16:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If someone call himself God's prophet, then he is obviously not just that. Doesn't it make him one of the bad people?

Same goes for a denomination: If someone in a denomination calls himself a God's prophet, and he is backed by the members of his denomination, doesn't it make the whole denomination and its members bad people?
    Maybe it means, they have gullible, simple minded members, like the JWs.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 18:18
    If, in my posting, I change the words "gods prophet" to "superior being", would that change your answer?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 18:283 edits
    you cheap shot, trash talkin, jive turkey! We are awesome, while you are knitting a
    willy warmer from the comfort of your armchair, we are out takin it to the people! We rock!
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 18:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you cheap shot, trash talkin, jive turkey! We are awesome, while you are knitting a
    willy warmer from the comfort of your armchair, we are out takin it to the people! We rock!
    I am posing the same question to you, dear robbie. I repeat the question so it will be clearer:

If someone call himself a superior being, then he is obviously not just that. Doesn't it make him one of the bad people?

Same goes for a denomination: If someone in a denomination calls himself a superior being, and he is backed by the members of his denomination, doesn't it make the whole denomination and its members bad people?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 19:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hahaha. 😀 I think we may be starting this New Year right where we left
    off last year if it were not for the happy new year wish.

Happy New Year and may you be converted to Christianity this year.
    😏
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 20:141 edit
    Hahaha. 😀 I think we may be starting this New Year right where we left
    off last year if it were not for the happy new year wish.

Happy New Year and may you be converted to Christianity this year.
    😏
    I am a true disciple of the Christ not a Neoplatonic meta-physicist like you! Anyhow, wish you all the best!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 20:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I am posing the same question to you, dear robbie. I repeat the question so it will be clearer:

If someone call himself a superior being, then he is obviously not just that. Doesn't it make him one of the bad people?

Same goes for a denomination: If someone in a denomination calls himself a superior being, and he is backed by the members of his denomination, doesn't it make the whole denomination and its members bad people?
    I am sorry Fabian the question is not a little vague for there are no details whatsoever,
    if i say i am a chess genius and i really am a chess genius and i prove it by beating all
    other players, is that arrogance, well perhaps, but it might also be true.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 20:22
    Do you this of Galveston and robbie carrobie?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree