1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your analysis could hardly be more superficial, josephw. I am not "miffed" by what the Mormons believe. I am not "miffed" by what the likes of Dasa believe. I am not "miffed" by what my neighbours here in Indonesia believe. And I am not "miffed" by what you believe. You seem to live in a world populated with cardboard cutouts. As I said, all the Mormons I have k ...[text shortened]... ehow been 'taken in' by some of my dearest friends is pitifully partisan on your part.
    Man! You read way too much into what a person says. You over analyse.

It's as if you're clairvoyant and can read a persons thoughts and motives.

You're judgemental.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 14:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    Okay. Define "religionist" for me. What makes you think I'm a "religionist"?
    You can look it up for yourself. You've made it quite clear you don't think you are one. I'm fine with that.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 14:49
    You're judgemental.
    Here are your own words (re: Mormons) a couple of pages ago:

"I've learned to not look at the outside. The exterior is superficial and can be a facade covering the true interior. And what is even more insidious is that we fool ourselves with our own superficiality. We can believe our own lies. People can be very courteous and polite and engaging, but underneath they are looking for ways to control you, to make you believe something that's not true. The problem is we can't tell what a person is really like from the outside. We have to go inside to find the truth".

LOL. You have some chutzpah to complain about the "judgmental" analysis of people who disagree with you!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 16:14
    Man! You read way too much into what a person says. You over analyse.

It's as if you're clairvoyant and can read a persons thoughts and motives.

You're judgemental.
    That is the Satanic influence on him. He is under its control.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 22:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here are your own words (re: Mormons) a couple of pages ago:

[b]"I've learned to not look at the outside. The exterior is superficial and can be a facade covering the true interior. And what is even more insidious is that we fool ourselves with our own superficiality. We can believe our own lies. People can be very courteous and polite and engaging, but unde ...[text shortened]... ome chutzpah to complain about the "judgmental" analysis of people who disagree with you!
    You're in denial. A classic maneuver. Take a quote out of it's context and apply it elsewhere to shift attention from where you are exposed.

What I say to what is said is all there is to it. Specific words in reply to specific words within their context, and on topic.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 22:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    You can look it up for yourself. You've made it quite clear you don't think you are one. I'm fine with that.
    I know I'm not a religionist, but you think I am one.

Why?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 01:401 edit
    What I say to what is said is all there is to it. Specific words in reply to specific words within their context, and on topic.
    That's right. I have not taken your words out of context at all. They are your judgmental comments on Mormons and on my declared analysis based on friendship with some Mormons. You cannot deflect from this by simply declaring me to be judgmental by calling you on it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 01:511 edit
    I know I'm not a religionist, but you think I am one.

Why?
    Your assertions about your own religion. The way you see others - who have other religions or belief systems - through the prism of your own religion. I can't remember you ever saying anything original, just these assertions. I can't remember you ever saying anything of wider spiritual value to the non-Christians that you see through your prism: indeed, all I hear are regurgitations of religious rote and dogma, and subjective platitudes that you have clearly internalized, where you seem to cite the sheer weight of your own certainty as some kind of evidence. All the ingredients: a textbook religionist. One of the more prominent ones on this forum.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 02:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your assertions about your own religion. The way you see others - who have other religions or belief systems - through the prism of your own religion. I can't remember you ever saying anything original besides these assertion or anything of wider spiritual value to the non-Christians that you see through your prism: indeed, all I hear are regurgitations of relig ...[text shortened]... nce. All the ingredients: a textbook religionist. One of the more prominent ones on this forum.
    "All the ingredients: a textbook religionist. One of the more prominent ones on this forum."

The quote you used to support your assertion that I am judgemental were generalised statements that can be said to be true about anyone. They did not specifically refer to Mormons.

But your statement above clearly demonstrates my assertion that you are judgemental because it is directed at me specifically.

And you're wrong!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 02:04
    [b]"All the ingredients: a textbook religionist. One of the more prominent ones on this forum."

The quote you used to support your assertion that I am judgemental were generalised statements that can be said to be true about anyone. They did not specifically refer to Mormons.

But your statement above clearly demonstrates my assertion that you are judgemental because it is directed at me specifically.

And you're wrong![/b]
    Well I have answered your question anyway; whether you agree with or not is a matter for you.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 02:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I have answered your question anyway; whether you agree with or not is a matter for you.
    Well, for some reason we're not connecting. We're not communicating effectively enough. I'd like to discuss the topic, but for some reason we always seem to digress to opinions about what the other is thinking or saying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree