Not Sure-Sure

Not Sure-Sure

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
19 Oct 11

According to Penn (of Penn and Teller), if you are not 100% sure god exists, you are an atheist. If you are 100% sure god exists, (something that has not been proven), you are very arrogant. To further the situation, if you are arrogant, you are not being humble as Jesus commands.

w

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by 667joe
According to Penn (of Penn and Teller), if you are not 100% sure god exists, you are an atheist. If you are 100% sure god exists, (something that has not been proven), you are very arrogant. To further the situation, if you are arrogant, you are not being humble as Jesus commands.
Is he 100% sure of that? What arrogance!! 😠

Maryland

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by whodey
Is he 100% sure of that? What arrogance!! 😠
Not very humble of you!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Oct 11

I'm not so sure those guys are the ones we should be taking advice from..Just my thought.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Oct 11

I don't know about that. One could be an agnostic theist, wherein they do not claim to know whether a god exists, but proceeds on the assumption that one does.

Z

Moves
20 Oct 11

penn is wrong.

Maryland

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
penn is wrong.
Please explain.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
20 Oct 11

penn is wrong.
The pen is mightier than the sword! 🙂

Buddhist proverb.

-m.

Maryland

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by mikelom
The pen is mightier than the sword! 🙂

Buddhist proverb.

-m.
The Penn is mightier than the Sword!😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 11

More atheist baloney.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this.

Z

Moves
20 Oct 11

penn is wrong.
an atheist is not 99% sure god exists. he is 0% sure god exists.

agnostics refuse to quantify their faith in a higher power claiming one couldn't know.

theists will have that number different from 0 depending on their faith. (higher or lower)

those at 100% may be either arrogant or ignorant.

faith is not knowing. i have doubts about god existance sometimes. i believe he exists. i know i may be wrong but i don't care. this is what faith is about. to me existance is more pleasant with a god of love in it.

your penn (a link about who he is, what he does, in what context did he said this) simply decided to use his fame (i assume he has some) to spew some random, poorly thought out toilet philosophy knowing some will simply gobble it up without questioning it.

Maryland

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
More atheist baloney.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this.
You believe in resurrections, and virgin births and say atheists are full of baloney.

Give me a break!🙄

Cape Town

Moves
20 Oct 11

i believe he exists. i know i may be wrong but i don't care. this is what faith is about. to me existance is more pleasant with a god of love in it.
Do you believe in fairies too? Surely existence would be more pleasant with them as well?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Oct 11

You believe in resurrections, and virgin births and say atheists are full of baloney.

Give me a break!🙄
At least resurrections and virgin births have both happened at least once.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
At least resurrections and virgin births have both happened at least once.
You've struck me in the past as someone who was more concerned with the real world application of Chrisitianity as manifested in a striving for social justice. It puzzles me as to why you would cling so tenaciously to the more otherwordly and mythological aspects of Christianity, such as alleged resurrections and virgin births.