1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 16:12
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    It only sounds idiotic to you because you seem to lack the ability to make sense of more complex logical points.

Why do you take things so literally? Of course I know that technically to be explicit means not to imply something , but so what? Just because I have an individual way of describing things doesn’t invalidate the point. Are you so dim th ...[text shortened]... confused. Now I don't know whether to find you distasteful or pity your lack of understanding.
    It's remarkable how difficult it is for you to understand a point. The point being that your latest is just another in a very long line of irrational thought from you: "Two half-truths equals a whole truth...there is no word in Hebrew for sin in general...Jesus explicitly stated something because it is implied..." Each time an idiotic thought pops into your head, you're so sure you've come across something that contradicts what Jesus explicitly states. You become obsessed to the point of responding to almost every post I make with your latest idiotic idea for months at a time. So now you have a new idiotic idea. So what?
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 18:091 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    It's remarkable how difficult it is for you to understand a point. The point being that your latest is just another in a very long line of irrational thought from you: "Two half-truths equals a whole truth...there is no word in Hebrew for sin in general...Jesus explicitly stated something because it is implied..." Each time an idiotic thought pops into yo your latest idiotic idea for months at a time. So now you have a new idiotic idea. So what?
    Let's say hypothetically you are right for a moment. Let's say I have spent years pouring out total gibberish. Let's say I am the incarnation of Satan himself.

Even so , the problem that Matt 6:9 presents doesn't go away or become any less valid than it would be if it were presented to you by the most rational and authentic saints in the history of the world.

The issue of Matt 6:9 is what it is. It matters not who is presenting it to you.

Nothing changes. Can you honestly say that if the Matt 6:9 problem was presented to you by one of the posters here that you respect - that you would think about it honestly?

Of course you wouldn't.

There are some around here who are not on your ignore list who seem to be already growing tired of your refusal to accept anything that challenges your intepretations of Jesus.

What is it that you fear? Having to consider you might not be right?

The more I see of your posts the less angry I start to feel. Pity and sadness creep in. I wonder what must it be like to feel so unsure of one's position that you feel you cannot accept any challenges?

---------------------------------------

In Matt 6:9 Jesus explicitly tells his followers (including disciples) how to pray. He tells them that they must pray "forgive us our trespasses".

Any fool can see that this means that if we follow Jesus and pray as he taught us then he is expecting that we will need to make use of confession before God.

Logic dictates that this is a problem for how you interpret Jesus' teachings because a sinless person has no need of confession.

The problem doesn't go way , even if you think I am an idiot and a liar.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 21:25
    Let's say hypothetically you are right for a moment. Let's say I have spent years pouring out total gibberish. Let's say I am the incarnation of Satan himself.

Even so , the problem that Matt 6:9 presents doesn't go away or become any less valid than it would be if it were presented to you by the most rational and authentic saints in the history ...[text shortened]... fession.

It's remarkable how difficult it is for you to understand a point. The point being that your latest is just another in a very long line of irrational thought from you: "Two half-truths equals a whole truth...there is no word in Hebrew for sin in general...Jesus explicitly stated something because it is implied..." Each time an idiotic thought pops into your head, you're so sure you've come across something that contradicts what Jesus explicitly states. You become obsessed to the point of responding to almost every post I make with your latest idiotic idea for months at a time. So now you have a new idiotic idea. So what?
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 12:01
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    It's remarkable how difficult it is for you to understand a point. The point being that your latest is just another in a very long line of irrational thought from you: "Two half-truths equals a whole truth...there is no word in Hebrew for sin in general...Jesus explicitly stated something because it is implied..." Each time an idiotic thought pops into yo ...[text shortened]... your latest idiotic idea for months at a time. So now you have a new idiotic idea. So what?
    Are you aware of your remarkable capacity to repeat word for word your previous post? It's a gift! You should enter a memory contest or something.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 19:591 edit

Even so , the problem that Matt 6:9 presents doesn't go away or become any less valid than it would be if it were presented to you by the most rational and authentic saints in the history fession.

==================================
    In Matt 6:9 Jesus explicitly tells his followers (including disciples) how to pray. He tells them that they must pray "forgive us our trespasses".
    =====================================

KM, though your labors may be wasted on ToO, I can see your point clearly.

The fact of the matter is that the Holy Spirit gradually enlightens more and more areas where we are trangressing. If God shined His full convicting light upon us I don't think we could bear it.

So as the believers grow in life the Spirit shines more and more upon what we need to confess. This process of enlightening to our trespass, confession, cleansing, growth is a cycle that repeats throughout our whole Christian life.

I like very much this Proverb;

"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter ans brighter until the full day." (Prov. 4:18)

The normal spiritual life of any regenerated Christian is one of ever more sensative, ever more enlightened, deeper confession, and brighter inner light.

===================================
    Any fool can see that this means that if we follow Jesus and pray as he taught us then he is expecting that we will need to make use of confession before God.
    =========================================

Your labors on this point are not wasted.

In the parable of the different kinds of soil, which represent the heart, the productive soil is that which has yielded fruit in different amounts.

"But the one sown on the good earth, this is he who hears the word and understandd, who by all means bears fruit and produces, one a hundredfold, and one sixtyfold, and one thirtyfold." (Matt. 13:23)

If these were to represent three individual disciples it is not that he who produced a hundredfold alone has eternal life and the other two perish.

All three hearts have received the word of Christ. And according to their individual dealings with the thorns or rocks in the soil hindering growth, they have produced fruit to God.

We all know that confession of trespasses is an important part of dealing with our heart. And such daily confession is likely to go deeper and deeper into our thought life, our motives, our tastes and attitudes, and all behaviors.

I agree then with your expounding of the exhortation to confess trespasses as a regular maintenance of the spiritual life.

===============================
    Logic dictates that this is a problem for how you interpret Jesus' teachings because a sinless person has no need of confession.
    ==================================

I have written before, no matter how developed a Christian is and no matter how many years of following Christ, a disciple never graduates from the need for the blood of Jesus to cleanse him of sins, known and unknown.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree