NZ  gay marriage act

NZ gay marriage act

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
6 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Hyperbole:
1, obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2.an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

[b]Matt 5:28
But I [Jesus] tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
the above scripture.

Don't you think you are being at the least, intellectually dishonest?[/b]
I think ill take my friends advice and ignore the lunacy, if you dont mind. I dont mind feeding worthy trolls, but you are a sidekick and thus unworthy of serious consideration.

To quote my friend, 'Why do you put up with these idiots? They are not humble, nor care...I suggest ignore them. I only respond to sensible inquiries, not the lunacy.'

sound advice indeed.

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
To quote my friend, 'Why do you put up with these idiots? They are not humble, nor care...I suggest ignore them. I only respond to sensible inquiries, not the lunacy.'

sound advice indeed.
Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?
sorry what is the spiritual implications of your question, meaning, how is it related to spirituality? If its not related, why is it here?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

sorry what is the spiritual implications of your question, meaning, how is it related to spirituality? If its not related, why is it here?
One could ask the same about you quoting an anonymous PM that you claim to have received and which makes derogatory comments about other members of this community.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
One could ask the same about you quoting an anonymous PM that you claim to have received and which makes derogatory comments about other members of this community.
no quite the same, the content of my private message is such in that it calls into question the humility of certain members of this community, humility of course being a quality of the spirit or mental inclination. As far as I can discern your question has absolutely zero spiritual content and about as much relevance, unless of course I am missing some detail not immediately apparent.

So I will ask you again, what relevance does your question have to spirituality?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

So I will ask you again, what relevance does your question have to spirituality?
Goodness me. Quoting the alleged PM is nothing but an ad hominem and an attempt by you to deflect. I thought you were against 'making it personal'. Let's try to get this back to the topic you're trying to deflect from.

You appear to be using the word "hyperbole" to cover up the fact that claims you have made about yourself do not add up. The more you are pressed to explain the inconsistency, the more you try to deflect. The more indefensible or incoherent your position, the nastier and/or glib you become. Why not just address what you revealed on page 1 of this thread in a more candid and less evasive way?

What you blurted out is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the scriptures you profess to believe in. The smokescreen stuff you offered about life drawing classes has not disguised this at all [even you have realized this and dropped it]. Nor has using the word "hyperbole". Nor has quoting the PM containing the ad hominem.

Why not simply address the spiritual implications of what you said on page 1?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Goodness me. Quoting the alleged PM is nothing but an ad hominem and an attempt by you to deflect. I thought you were against 'making it personal'. Let's try to get this back to the topic you're trying to deflect from.

You appear to be using the word "hyperbole" to cover up the fact that claims you have made about yourself do not add up. The more you are pres ...[text shortened]... minem.

Why not simply address the spiritual implications of what you said on page 1?
please answer the question, what relevance does your question have to spirituality, you have not said. If it has no relevance then why is it here?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

please answer the question, what relevance does your question have to spirituality, you have not said. If it has no relevance then why is it here?
You're just wriggling, robbie. My question "Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?" means this: "Why are you trying to deflect from the discussion about what Jesus has to say about what you revealed about yourself on page1?" Understood? Now, why not stop being evasive, return to the topic, and answer the question?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
You're just wriggling, robbie. My question "Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?" means this: "Why are you trying to deflect from the discussion about what Jesus has to say about what you revealed about yourself on page1?" Understood? Now, why not stop being evasive, return to the topic, and answer the question?
No FMF i am not doing anything of the sort, please tell the forum what relevance your question has to spirituality, if it has no relevance then why are you asking it here?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

No FMF i am not doing anything of the sort, please tell the forum what relevance your question has to spirituality, if it has no relevance then why are you asking it here?
"Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?" = "Why are you trying to deflect from the spiritual discussion in hand?"

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
[b]"Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?" = "Why are you trying to deflect from the spiritual discussion in hand?"[/b]
Again,

what relevance has your question to spirituality, if it has no relevance then why are you asking it here?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

Again,

what relevance has your question to spirituality, if it has no relevance then why are you asking it here?
It was asking why you were deflecting from the spiritual discussion that we were having.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
It was asking why you were deflecting from the spiritual discussion that we were having.
please answer the question, you must know why you asked it and how it relates to spirituality, surely? so we shall ask you again,

F

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

please answer the question, you must know why you asked it and how it relates to spirituality, surely? so we shall ask you again,

What you claimed on page 1 of this thread is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the spiritual teachings you profess to believe in. I was asking why are you trying to deflect from this by quoting the PM.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
What you claimed on page 1 of this thread is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the spiritual teachings you profess to believe in. I was asking why are you trying to deflect from this by quoting the PM.
No FMF, it was not, here is your question again,

Why are you quoting a PM on the forum? - FMF

This has no relevance to Jesus, has no spiritual content and i fail to see why it has any relevance to spirituality at all, you will now explain, what relevance it has to spirituality. So far you have failed to do so.