NZ  gay marriage act

NZ gay marriage act

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
dunno, i plan on trying to learn to play the saxophone, probably i will have a football team of children, so we'll play soccer together, eleven a side, maybe ill get into micro biology looking at the microcosm, maybe ill get into astronomy an get into the macrocosm, with a mere 70 or eighty years one never reaches ones potential, its simply a question of hello and goodbye. Life is so fleeting.
this may sound daft but its a serious point that i was trying to get out in another thread. is it possible to play football in heaven? ive been told (im not sure if this is your understanding of the conditions after judgement day or other christians) that there is no pain or sadness. i cant see how its possible to play without pain or sadness. the same for art, art is impossible without pain and sadness.

Moves
27 Apr 13

I think ill refrain, if you dont mind, all these personal questions are making me uncomfortable.
personally speaking i find it strange that you become so uncomfortable when it comes to your personal opinions. isnt speaking on behalf of ourselves where we should be most comfortable?

Moves
27 Apr 13
1 edit

Dude can we leave me out of it, i dont like to get personal, can we not just discuss something objectively, something other than me?
no problem, but dont ask me any more personal questions if it doesnt work both ways, treat others as you wish to be treated.

oh and dont share personal information about yourself if its not okay for people to ask about it.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
this may sound daft but its a serious point that i was trying to get out in another thread. is it possible to play football in heaven? ive been told (im not sure if this is your understanding of the conditions after judgement day or other christians) that there is no pain or sadness. i cant see how its possible to play without pain or sadness. the same for art, art is impossible without pain and sadness.
the paradise is earthly, not in heaven, like this earth being restore to a paradise? art is impossible without pain or sadness is the kind of statement one expects from an art school lecturer. I remember one telling me, there is no right or wrong answers in art, there is only right questions, I felt like jumping up and slapping the old hippy on the side of the head, enough of your eastern mysticism you dolt, if there are no right answers then why are we searching for solutions, but being a wuss, i smiled benignly.

Do you think art recognises emotions of pain or sadness?

rc

Moves
27 Apr 13

no problem, but dont ask me any more personal questions if it doesnt work both ways, treat others as you wish to be treated.

oh and dont share personal information about yourself if its not okay for people to ask about it.
I will share personal information if i feel its appropriate.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 13

personally speaking i find it strange that you become so uncomfortable when it comes to your personal opinions. isnt speaking on behalf of ourselves where we should be most comfortable?
maybe for you, not for me. I find it easier to discuss something entirely unrelated to be honest.

Moves
27 Apr 13

the paradise is earthly, not in heaven, like this earth being restore to a paradise? art is impossible without pain or sadness is the kind of statement one expects from an art school lecturer. I remember one telling me, there is no right or wrong answers in art, there is only right questions, I felt like jumping up and slapping the old hippy on the ...[text shortened]... but being a wuss, i smiled benignly.

Do you think art recognises emotions of pain or sadness?
id love to chat art but you are asking for my personal opinion. if you aint sharing then neither am i.

Moves
27 Apr 13

maybe for you, not for me. I find it easier to discuss something entirely unrelated to be honest.
okay, ill ask no more questions or make no comment as this is straying down a personal path.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Apr 13

I think ill refrain, if you dont mind, all these personal questions are making me uncomfortable.
Uncomfortable?! I'm asking you a question related to a claim you have made on this forum, I would hardly call it 'personal'. If I was enquiring about your sex life, now that would be personal.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 13

id love to chat art but you are asking for my personal opinion. if you aint sharing then neither am i.
talking about art is not talking about you personally, there is a difference. But if you are unwilling, then i respect your privacy.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Uncomfortable?! I'm asking you a question related to a claim you have made on this forum, I would hardly call it 'personal'. If I was enquiring about your sex life, now that would be personal.
Can we not talk about cricket instead? You like cricket, dont you? I feel its like its an interrogation.

Moves
27 Apr 13

talking about art is not talking about you personally, there is a difference. But if you are unwilling, then i respect your privacy.
its asking for my personal opinion. like when i ask you your personal opinion about homosexuality and you respond 'dont ask me personal questions' and you asking me where i studied art, when i asked you a similar question 'dont ask me personal questions'. you seem happy to take but not give. this doesnt work for me, im going to have to break up with you robbie, its not you - its me okay? dont cry, there's plenty more atheists in the sea.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 13
1 edit

its asking for my personal opinion. like when i ask you your personal opinion about homosexuality and you respond 'dont ask me personal questions' and you asking me where i studied art, when i asked you a similar question 'dont ask me personal questions'. you seem happy to take but not give. this doesnt work for me, im going to have to break up with you robbie, its not you - its me okay? dont cry, there's plenty more atheists in the sea.
a table standing empty by the edge of the sea. cya.

F

Moves
27 Apr 13

yesterday i received an unexpected personal message, i will reproduce the sentiments, not verbatim, just so you can get the gist of it, Why do you put up with these idiots? They are not humble, nor care...I suggest ignore them. I only respond to sensible inquiries, not the lunacy.
Isn't revealing the content of a personal message, that has derogatory things to say about fellow member of this community, 'making it personal'? Aren't you supposedly against making it personal? And why haven't you dismissed this anonymous person's point of view as a 'meaningless and irrelevant' opinion, like you usually do?

F

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Jesus said that if a man lusts after a woman in his heart, he has already committed adultery with her. How do you reconcile your [b]"spending the majority of the day dreaming about the female torso with Christ's explanation?[/b]
robbie is voluntarily taking one on the credibility chin by fibbing resolutely about this attending-life-drawing-classes-the-majority-of-his-day-times thing rather than face up to the scriptural "adultery" implications of his injudicious revelation about himself on page 1.