NZ  gay marriage act

NZ gay marriage act

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No FMF, it was not, here is your question again,

Why are you quoting a PM on the forum? - FMF

This has no relevance to Jesus, has no spiritual content and i fail to see why it has any relevance to spirituality at all, you will now explain, what relevance it has to spirituality. So far you have failed to do so.
I have answered your question point blank five times, robbie. You are pretending that I haven't. Here is a sixth variation of the same answer: ["Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?" means...] "We were having a discussion about spirituality; why are you deflecting by quoting the ad hominem PM?"

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I have answered your question point blank five times, robbie. You are pretending that I haven't. Here is a sixth variation of the same answer: ["Why are you quoting a PM on the forum?" means...] "We were having a discussion about spirituality; why are you deflecting by quoting the ad hominem PM?"
No you have not, let me try to help you,

the question, why are you posting a pm here is spiritually relevant because. . . .

please fill in the blanks for me FMF.

1. we were having a discussion about spirituality
2. you are trying to deflect
3. you are wriggling Robbie
4. its a teaching of Jesus.
5. none of the above

I have given you the multiple choice option. Please answer the question.

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

No you have not, let me try to help you,

the question, why are you posting a pm here is spiritually relevant because. . . .

please fill in the blanks for me FMF.
I have answered the question six times, robbie. One would be forgiven for thinking that, finding yourself cornered, you are simply being evasive, and not in a very subtle way.

Your quoting of the PM will not deflect me.

What you said at the beginning of this thread is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the scriptures and spiritual teaching you profess to subscribe to.

The stuff you attempted about life drawing classes has not succeeded in distracting people at all and even you seem to have realized this and desisted. Nor has using the word "hyperbole" to explain the disconnect. Nor has quoting the PM containing the ad hominem.

Why not simply address the spiritual implications of what you said on page 1?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I have answered the question six times, robbie. One would be forgiven for thinking that, finding yourself cornered, you are simply being evasive, and not in a very subtle way.

Your quoting of the PM will not deflect me.

What you said at the beginning of this thread is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the scri ad hominem.

Why not simply address the spiritual implications of what you said on page 1?
I am uninterested in deflecting you FMF i want to know why you continually post material that has no spiritual content and little spiritual spiritual relevance in the spirituality forum.

when you can answer the question, let me know, otherwise, I will simply follow the sound and practical advice of the PM and simply ignore anything I deem to have no spiritual content and zero spiritual relevance. I dont see why persons who are interested in spirituality should have to put up with persons who continually post material with no spiritual significance, no spiritual content and no spiritual relevance.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Apr 13

Go on admit it, you two are married aren't you? That's the only reason I can think of for the constant squabbling and deliberate twisting of each other's argument.

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

I am uninterested in deflecting you FMF i want to know why you continually post material that has no spiritual content and little spiritual spiritual relevance in the spirituality forum.

when you can answer the question, let me know, otherwise, I will simply follow the sound and practical advice of the PM and simply ignore anything I deem to have ...[text shortened]... y post material with no spiritual significance, no spiritual content and no spiritual relevance.
I have answered your question six or seven times. Your last nine or ten posts would indicate that it is in fact you who does not want to discuss this spiritual matter, and not me.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I have answered your question six or seven times. Your last nine or ten posts would indicate that it is in fact you who does not want to discuss this spiritual matter, and not me.
no spiritual content, no spiritual significance and no spiritual relevance. Ignored. Neeeeext.

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

no spiritual content, no spiritual significance and no spiritual relevance. Ignored. Neeeeext.
Once again [sorry everyone else]: What you said at the beginning of this thread is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the scriptures and spiritual teaching you profess to subscribe to. Jesus uses the word "adultery". The stuff you attempted to offer about life drawing classes has not succeeded in distracting people at all. Nor has using the word "hyperbole" to explain how the two things did not add up. Nor has quoting the PM containing the ad hominem. Why not simply address the spiritual implications of what you said on page 1?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Once again [sorry everyone else]: What you said at the beginning of this thread is condemned in serious terms and very specifically by Jesus himself, according to the scriptures and spiritual teaching you profess to subscribe to. Jesus uses the word "adultery". The stuff you attempted to offer about life drawing classes has not succeeded in distracting people at he ad hominem. Why not simply address the spiritual implications of what you said on page 1?
again i am uninterested in what people think about whether it has detracted or not, RJHinds clearly demonstrated that it was an attempt to demonstrate that that I am heterosexual as opposed to homosexual , through the use of hyperbole, if you wish to construe that as committing adultery in my heart, then that is your affair, I have every confidence that i stand a better chance before the judgement seat of the Christ than i do with you or your sidekicks, but sure, you judge away. As it stands I have been happily married to a wonderful women for more than fourteen years and i can assure you she has no problem with my imagination. How I choose to use my imagination is you concern how?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

...if you wish to construe that as committing adultery in my heart, then that is your affair, I have every confidence that i stand a better chance before the judgement seat of the Christ than i do with you or your sidekicks, but sure, you judge away.
I am not judging you, robbie. If you actually committed adultery then you'd most likely fall foul of my principles which condemn causing harm and deceiving others, and you might earn my disapproval. My judgment is irrelevant in this case because I have no reason to think you have committed adultery in the way I define it. I am asking you what you think Jesus meant and how it applies to a heterosexual who admits to day dreaming about women's bodies most of the time. What did Jesus mean about this form of "adultery" [which falls well short of my definition of adultery]? And what more would you have to do in your day dreaming to become guilty of the kind of "adultery" that Jesus spoke of?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I am not judging you, robbie. If you actually committed adultery then you'd most likely fall foul of my principles which condemn causing harm and deceiving others, and you might earn my disapproval. My judgment is irrelevant in this case because I have no reason to think you have committed adultery in the way I define it. I am asking you what you think Jesus mea ...[text shortened]... to do in your day dreaming to become guilty of the kind of "adultery" that Jesus spoke of?
First of all, as it has been pointed out to you, it was hyperbole, therefore your question, in refusing to take this aspect into consideration is both skewed and loaded. I would not touch it with a thousand barge poles all welded together.

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

First of all, as it has been pointed out to you, it was hyperbole, therefore your question, in refusing to take this aspect into consideration is both skewed and loaded. I would not touch it with a thousand barge poles all welded together.
What would a Christian have to do in their minds in order to become guilty of the kind of no-action-taken "adultery" that Jesus spoke of?

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
What would a Christian have to do in their minds in order to become guilty of the kind of no-action-taken "adultery" that Jesus spoke of?
what does the scripture say?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

what does the scripture say?
We both know what the scripture says. I am asking you to give your interpretation of it and sketch out some parameters applicable to real life.

rc

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
We both know what the scripture says. I am asking you to give your interpretation of it and sketch out some parameters applicable to real life.
First of all suspect that Christ was referring to real women, rather than imaginary ones.