1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 13:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Will Obama stopping the Keystone pipeline by a veto be considered a great accomplishment for the Democrats?
    Nope.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 13:32
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Nope.
    Good.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 13:39
    Good.
    It's "an accomplishment"...

It's just not anything approaching a great one.

It's helping to stop things getting worse, rather than making anything better.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 13:481 edit
    It's "an accomplishment"...

It's just not anything approaching a great one.

It's helping to stop things getting worse, rather than making anything better.
    That is certainly not the way to stop things from getting worse in the USA. However, I don't know what effect it might have on the UK, but I would suspect that the pipeline might benefit the UK too in the long run.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 13:53
    That is certainly not the way to stop things from getting worse in the USA. However, I don't know what effect it might have on the UK, but I would suspect that the pipeline might benefit the UK too in the long run.
    That's because you don't accept or understand global warming...

Or heck, even the ~2million people worldwide who die from strait up air
    pollution, and the hundreds of millions who suffer from bad air quality.

We can generate all the power we need and then some without emitting
    pollution while doing so.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 14:49

You apparently don't understand the Keystone pipeline or global warming. 😏
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 16:59
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Its kind of funny that the thread went from Obama being the anichrist to a go around between democrats and republicans. Me personally, i think the only difference between republicans and democrats is the color of the tie that one wears... and that aint saying much. They are all self serving one way or another, better not to put much faith with either party IMO.
    That is a good observation... sooner or later these discussions evolve to that of political banter... which seems to divide us. This is a time when we need to be united.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 17:02
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    That is a good observation... sooner or later these discussions evolve to that of political banter... which seems to divide us. This is a time when we need to be united.
    Your "discussion" was partisan retail U.S. "political banter" from the get go, surely?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 17:23
    It's not the politics that divides us, it's the issues.

We disagree, and not in a "lets all hug this out and agree to disagree" way.

There are fundamental differences in the way different ... tribes for want of a better word...
    think society should function and many of them are mutually exclusive options.

The way American politics in particular is set up accentuates that, but remove the
    politics you still have the divides.

The problem with politics is not that it creates divisions that were not there before hand.

The problem is that rather than trying to solve these problems it typically makes them worse.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 17:571 edit
    I believe the Reagan presidency was one of the most beneficial in history. Don't you consider the disruption of Soviet communism and the fall of the Berlin wall to free those people a benefit? And how about being able to keep more of your hard earned money instead of having the government take it to support those that will not work? How about the build up ...[text shortened]... ixon that requested the elimination of the draft and the creation of the all volunteer military.
    I would far rather give my money to the government so they can feed the poor and rebuild the infrastructure of this country than give it to corporations who already have more money than they've "earned" and to CEOs so they can buy another yacht. That's the problem with you whacko middle-class conservatives who think it's far better to give your money to those who already have 99% of the world's money than to people who must choose every month whether to pay their bills or feed their children.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 18:02

Well said. I agree 100%.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 18:11
    Will Obama stopping the Keystone pipeline by a veto be considered a great accomplishment for the Democrats?
    Let's hope so. We need to stand behind something. Preserving the environment (the pipeline will run right through some of the last natural pristine environments for the sandhill cranes. We should be saving that species, not working to kill them off.) and not working to put even more money in the oil companies' pockets are both noble goals. It's just so sad that the Republicans have made this their big goal-line-stand issue, even to the point of threatening to shut down the government again over it, just so they can preserve their own campaign contributions (oh, wait, I meant to call it what it is, kickbacks) from the oil companies.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 21:20
    Obama is a Muslim, the antithesis of America, who snuck in by deception, playing on the ungodly masses. He is a type of forerunner of Antichrist. His presence punctuated the godless masses, who, refusing to love the truth, are given to follow anything. I believe Obama will be judged. On the even of his election, the Lord gave em this prophecy of him. It a ...[text shortened]... t he who chooses the abomination will not see prosperity and his steps will be cut off. En Agape
    I think you are giving the empty suit too much credit. Obama is really is just a mindless ideologue who is sold out to corporate America. He is, in effect, just one of many progressive drones in place to drive the country to a place other than where voters want to end up. The fuel to get are endless lies.

I am of the opinion that Mohammad is the false prophet spoken of in Revelation. After all, to be a false prophet you would have to point to the same God in the Bible and claim that you falsely represent him. You would also have to be known world wide. By all accounts, Mo fits the bill.

I would say that Obama probably sees no difference between Mo and the characters in the Bible, including Jesus. In fact, most people on these boards think the same way. They claim that Mo, who was a mass murderer, rapist, and child molester was just as righteous as Jesus Christ himself.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 23:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would say that Obama probably sees no difference between Mo and the characters in the Bible, including Jesus. In fact, most people on these boards think the same way. They claim that Mo, who was a mass murderer, rapist, and child molester was just as righteous as Jesus Christ himself.
    This is not true. I don't think that you can find many ~ if any ~ people on these boards who claim "Mohammed was just as righteous as Jesus Christ" or who "see no difference". I can't think of anyone who has ever said anything like this. And yet you are saying "most" people here "claim" it. Where? When? Who? In fact, there is pretty strong anti-Islam and anti-Mohammed sentiment that pervades this web site's membership. You're just making stuff up. It doesn't do you and your ideas any credit.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 00:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I would far rather give my money to the government so they can feed the poor and rebuild the infrastructure of this country than give it to corporations who already have more money than they've "earned" and to CEOs so they can buy another yacht. That's the problem with you whacko middle-class conservatives who think it's far better to give your money to th ...[text shortened]... ey than to people who must choose every month whether to pay their bills or feed their children.
    Don't you have good enough judgment to determine who is poor and needs help so that you can give to them yourself? Why do we need a government to decide that? The Democrats raise our taxes and squander it on nonsense. What is wrong with having a fair tax to get ride of all those loop holes the rich use to avoid paying taxes? The Democrate don't want that, why?

It has been the Democrats that has been using the IRS to prosecute their political enemies lately. Do you agree with that? Do you agree with not securing our southern borders and allowing al these illegal immigrants to come in? Do you agree with Obama releasing terrorists from Gitmo?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree