1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's hope so. We need to stand behind something. Preserving the environment (the pipeline will run right through some of the last natural pristine environments for the sandhill cranes. We should be saving that species, not working to kill them off.) and not working to put even more money in the oil companies' pockets are both noble goals. It's just so ...[text shortened]... paign contributions (oh, wait, I meant to call it what it is, kickbacks) from the oil companies.
    The Keystone pipeline will be buried underground. It is not going to take away environments for any sandhill cranes. Who has been telling you such nonsense? What about all the poor people in Louisiana that want those jobs that the pipeline will bring?

Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu lost support from the people because even though she claimed to be for the pipeline to bring jobs to the people she had continually voted with President Obama and I guess the people just did not believer her any more.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/bill-cassidy-mary-landrieu-2014-louisiana-senate-elections-results-113367.html
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 03:162 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is not true. I don't think that you can find many ~ if any ~ people on these boards who claim "Mohammed was just as righteous as Jesus Christ" or who "see no difference". I can't think of anyone who has ever said anything like this. And yet you are saying "most" people here "claim" it. Where? When? Who? In fact, there is pretty strong anti-Islam and anti-Mo ...[text shortened]... web site's membership. You're just making stuff up. It doesn't do you and your ideas any credit.
    No, I pretty much hit the nail on the head. The general vibe around here is that Christians lie to themselves about following a religion of peace because of perceived Mosaic barbarism. You've done this to me repeatedly.

I've also had many discussion here about religion where others say that both Mo and Jesus were men of God or inspired by God. It is noteworthy, though, that pretty much every religion under the sun recognizes Jesus as divinely inspired, but not so with Mo.

People like Obama exemplifies these sentiments by glibly comparing the violence of the Crusades to that of what is going on now in radical Islam. To people like Obama, there is little difference between the two religions.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 03:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, I pretty much hit the nail on the head. The general vibe around here is that Christians lie to themselves about following a religion of peace because of perceived Mosaic barbarism. You've done this to me repeatedly.
    No I haven't. You clearly haven't understood what I have said to you. You're talking complete rubbish. "Most" people here on this web site "claim" what? What a daft straw man. You're tilting at cardboard cut outs of your own conjuring again. You're just making stuff up.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 03:591 edit
    People like Obama exemplifies these sentiments by glibly comparing the violence of the Crusades to that of what is going on now in radical Islam. To people like Obama, there is little difference between the two religions.
    You are either misrepresenting what he said deliberately or you just don't understand the point he is making. He has condemned ISIS and he has yours and his air force bombing them. Why, because people and groups of people do wicked things in the name of religion. That is why the U.S. is bombing ISIS. The U.S. is not bombing Christians.

The point he is making is that religious people throughout history have done bad things with religious motivations: and the U.S. is responding to the religion-related wickedness that is going on right now and is doing so with deadly military force. The U.S. is bombing them because of their religion-related deeds and he has explained why. The U.S. is not bombing Europe because of the Crusades.

Your muddying of this raw fact, and the other opinions and sentiments you are attributing to your president, are things you are making up for your own dreary partisan and 'personal reality' reasons.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 04:292 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are either misrepresenting what he said deliberately or you just don't understand the point he is making. He has condemned ISIS and he has yours and his air force bombing them. Why, because people and groups of people do wicked things in the name of religion. That is why the U.S. is bombing ISIS. The U.S. is not bombing Christians.

The point he is making ...[text shortened]... ident, are things you are making up for your own dreary partisan and 'personal reality' reasons.
    Like it or not, Obama is making the moral equivalency between Christianity and Islam. I'm sure he believes that both paths lead to God.

I'm sure that he believes that neither religion justifies violence. What he does not understand though is that Islam feasts on the life of Mo for direction and Christians feast on the life of Jesus for direction.

Comparing the two, are they morally equivalent? Which religion should then lean towards violence do you reckon?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 04:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No I haven't. You clearly haven't understood what I have said to you. You're talking complete rubbish. "Most" people here on this web site "claim" what? What a daft straw man. You're tilting at cardboard cut outs of your own conjuring again. You're just making stuff up.
    Would you then go on record as saying that Jesus was righteous and Mo was unrighteous?

I'm guessing you won't, thus proving my point once again.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 05:00
    Would you then go on record as saying that Jesus was righteous and Mo was unrighteous?

You must keep in mind that FMF has many Muslim friends and he is not a Christian according to him. 😏
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 05:07

According to the literature that their followers have, yes of course. This has never been something that I've disguised. The Koran is an ugly misanthropic mess rather like much of the OT.

The Jesus figure portrayed in the NT was a breath of fresh air. Mohammed was a 'crusader' against 'pagans' and he acted in the name of the Abrahamic God and as such was comparable to Christian Crusaders in Europe.

So without hesitation can I say that mythos surrounding Mohammed is ghastly as are the deeds of a relatively small proportion of his followers. The mythos surrounding Jesus is far more benign and righteous.

You are so busy projecting stuff you've made up onto people, you just can't hear sometimes ~ and even if you do, you seem only able to interpret what you hear in some weird way that you can then attack. You do yourself a disservice. Constantly.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 05:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must keep in mind that FMF has many Muslim friends and he is not a Christian according to him. 😏
    I live in the largest Muslim majority country in the world and I used to be a Christian. It gives me personal perspectives ~ based on personal experience ~ on both religions.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 07:01
    Like it or not, Obama is making the moral equivalency between Christianity and Islam. I'm sure he believes that both paths lead to God.

I'm sure that he believes that neither religion justifies violence. What he does not understand though is that Islam feasts on the life of Mo for direction and Christians feast on the life of Jesus for direction.

Comp ...[text shortened]... o, are they morally equivalent? Which religion should then lean towards violence do you reckon?
    If we are both wrong, and Islam does encapsulate and propagate the true revelation of God, while Christianity does not, then your personal preference for Christianity is moot.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 08:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    If we are both wrong, and Islam [b]does encapsulate and propagate the true revelation of God, while Christianity does not, then your personal preference for Christianity is moot.[/b]
    Is that your hope?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 18:31

I've also had many discussion here about religion where others say that both Mo and Jesus were men of God or inspired by God. It is no ...[text shortened]... w in radical Islam. To people like Obama, there is little difference between the two religions.
    Also people like me. You would pave over the atrocities of christianity while showing how terrible the Muslim ones are. BOTH these violent prone religions have atrocities to account for and by account I mean in a court of law not some idiotic judgement day BS (an omniscient god would ALREADY know who is naughty and nice and would have known that the moment the universe was created or popped out of a shell or an exploding black hole or whatever is the going rate for creation these day)
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 23:33
    Is that your hope?
    What are you on about?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 17:192 edits
    The Keystone pipeline will be buried underground. It is not going to take away environments for any sandhill cranes. Who has been telling you such nonsense? What about all the poor people in Louisiana that want those jobs that the pipeline will bring?

Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu lost support from the people because even though she claimed to be fo ...[text shortened]... com/story/2014/12/bill-cassidy-mary-landrieu-2014-louisiana-senate-elections-results-113367.html
    As the pipeline makes its way to Louisiana, it must go through Nebraska and over/under/through the Platte river, which as I said is perhaps the final piece of pristine land on the migratory path of the sandhill crane and is an important stopover point for them. Do you really expect me to believe that carving a trench through this land and laying a pipe in it and then covering it up will not disturb the migratory habits of thousands of cranes? It's estimated that approx. 80% of the world's population of sandhill cranes pass through this area annually.

But eh, screw 'em, right? They're just cranes. Never mind that they've been migrating through this area for 10 million years.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As the pipeline makes its way to Louisiana, it must go through Nebraska and over/under/through the Platte river, which as I said is perhaps the final piece of pristine land on the migratory path of the sandhill crane and is an important stopover point for them. Do you really expect me to believe that carving a trench through this land and laying a p ...[text shortened]... 're just cranes. Never mind that they've been migrating through this area for 10 million years.
    Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

(Matthew 6:26-27 NKJV)

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

(Matthew 10:29-31 NKJV)

Don't worry or fear for it will all work out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree