1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 04:17
    Latest Internet Heresy: "Obama Is God's Servant!"

Barack Obama is clearly an unrepentant sinner by the Bible's clear definition. The New Testament declares that the person who does not do righteousness is NOT OF GOD.

Obama has led a homosexual lifestyle in his past. Obama is loyal to ISLAM and muslims. Obama has supported the persecution and murder of Christians in Islamic countries. Obama is a communist. Obama has murdered people through the drones program in the Middle East.

Obama has rejected the call of God to repent, and does not believe in Jesus Christ for salvation, nor does he walk in the light of His commandments and testimony.

No man can be the holy servant of the Living God, and the wicked servant of satan and his sinful ways at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed to one another.

http://americanholocaustcoming.blogspot.com/2014/02/latest-internet-heresy-obama-is-gods.html
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 11:422 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    " For he is a servant of God for you for good. " (Romans 13:4)

God inspired Paul to write this as the oracles of God at the time Nero was emperor of the Rome.

The passage is not an indication of God's approval of Nero killing his mother and other atrocities he did, including those to Christians.

Therefore to say that a president, a governor, a officer of the government is a servant of God is according to the Word of God.

The day will come when we Christians will stand before Christ and He will examine how effective were our prayers for this we castigated in high positions.

Some believers do not pray for their government but use much fleshy wisdom and human wrath which exposes their own immaturity.

Sometimes diatribes against a person in government authority is simply a covetous lust for materialism or more riches. Bitter jealousy of others can cause clamor of people against the governors. It is often impure, soulish, earthy and can even be demonic.

"But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom is not that which descends from above, but is earthly, soulish, demonic.

For where jealously and selfish ambition are, there disorder and every worthless practice are.

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, forbearing, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, without hypocrisy.

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." (James 3:14-18)

Paul's whole 13th chapter of Romans expresses the proper spirit James speaks of here.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 12:033 edits
    Some poor critics of those in high positions get terribly exposed when God is disciplining someone. In the story of David's discipline from God at the rebellion of his son Absalom we see that one critic of the king was besides himself spewing out half truths against David.

"And when King David came to Bahurim, a man of the family of the house of Saul came forth from there, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera; he came forth, cursing as he came forth.

And he threw stones at David and at all the servants of King David, and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right and on his left.

And Shimei spoke this in his cursing. Go away, go away, you man of bloodshed and worthless fellow.

Jehovah has returned upon you all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and Jehovah has delivered the kingdom into hand of Absalom your son; and now you have been taken in your own mischief, for you are a man of bloodshed .... And Shimei went along the hillside opposite him, cursing as he went; and he threw stones at him and cast dust upon him" (See 2 Samuel 16:5-13)

Shimie saw things only in terms of half truths. He mentioned Jehovah as if his interests were spiritual. Actually his interests were not all that spiritual but vindictive and soulish.

He throws dust into the air, he throws stones boldly, he curses, he boldly rebukes the king. A Christian should not behalf this way even if God is disciplining a government leader.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 12:55
    I don't know if Obama is God's servant, but it is correct that we should be praying for him. Perhaps prayers like "God, I pray you will open up his understanding".
    We need to support and reverence the office of the president.
    I know many who use derogatory words against him, but this is not only wrong, it is sinful.
    The words we use are powerful and can work against us. They can bless or curse.
    I did not vote for this man, but I have to obey God and pray for him.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 13:062 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't know if Obama is God's servant, but it is correct that we should be praying for him. Perhaps prayers like "God, I pray you will open up his understanding".
    I know many who use derogatory words against him, but this is not only wrong, it is sinful.
    The words we use are powerful and c ...[text shortened]... They can bless or curse.
    How can you say Obama is not a servant of God?

After all, he supports aboriton on demend, sending millions more to heaven than they otherwise would be. 😵
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 13:163 edits
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Paul's exhortation I would echo -

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of our Savior God ... " (1 Tim. 2:3)

Now we should pray this way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbelievers see Christians behave in this manner and it is a poor testimony.

The words we use are powerful and can work against us. They can bless or curse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want you to notice that the Bible does not just say God will answer prayer. It also says that He will repay prayer.

"... but your Father who sees in secret will repay you." (Matt. 6:18b)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 13:39
    At the time Christ rewards or disciplines His followers you may never know what prayer for a leader God will repay you for.

Many leaders have faults. Sometimes our prayer may have saved the nation for a war or a very bad calamity. For His own sake, God would hear the prayers of His people for the governments of the earth.

If you can earnestly petition God for a leader that you do not like, that is grace with God. Perhaps one day Jesus will say " You know your prayer averted something awful from happening on that occasion. I want to repay you for your faithful prayer which touched the throne of God."

This was a typo above. I meant to write behave here:

A Christian should not behave this way even if God is disciplining a government leader.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 13:491 edit
    The words we use are powerful and c ...[text shortened]... They can bless or curse.
    Since you gave a word of personal experience, so will I.

I was brought up in the home of strong liberal democrats.
    But when I saw president Nixon on TV trying to explain his actions about Watergate, I wept.

I was surprised at my own reaction, even as a young person.
    I had had some spiritual upbringing - enough to know that the failure of a leader should cause one to feel sorrow rather than joy.

Richard Nixon: Servant of God
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 14:002 edits
    I've always wondered, does God condemn a nation as a result of the sinfulness of the leaders or is it God's judgement on a corrupt people to give them corrupt leaders that will utlimately lead to their demise?

It's like asking the age old question, what came first, the chicken or the egg?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 14:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't know.

But God is merciful. Man can be without mercy.

There is the story of how David sinned. God sent a prophet to David with three forms of punishment. David was instructed to choose one that God would do to him and his nation.

David's reply was telling. He said something like "Let me fall into the hands of God because He is merciful. But don't let me fall into the hands of man."

David had learned, in discipline God could be merciful. But his enemies were only savage and merciless.

In our criticism of a government official we find to be wrong, we Christians should not come off as savage, cruel, without any restraint or mercy. But in prayer we may sometimes pray that for His purpose God would discipline a leader and/or nation in His way, so tempered with divine mercy.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've always wondered, does God condemn a nation as a result of the sinfulness of the leaders or is it God's judgement on a corrupt people to give them corrupt leaders that will utlimately lead to their demise?

It's like asking the age old question, what came first, the chicken or the egg?
    I don't think it is either. Sin has consequences. God is all good, merciful and kind. But sin leads to death. When we sin, we give Satan a legal inroad.
    Rom 6:16
    Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?
    NKJV

We essentially tie God's hands...
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 19:52
    Throughout the Bible we really see two matters:

1.) God looks for someone or someones on earth to echo and correspond to His will.

2.) Though man can delay and hinder God temporarily He has a way to always branch over the walls.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 03:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    Throughout the Bible we really see two matters:

1.) God looks for someone or someones on earth to echo and correspond to His will.

2.) Though man can delay and hinder God temporarily He has a way to always branch over the walls.
    Yes, God in His Mercy usually finds a way, but sin makes it difficult in the legal arena.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 04:59
    I pray that Obama does not do more harm to the nation.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 05:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    Since you gave a word of personal experience, so will I.

I was brought up in the home of strong liberal democrats.
    But when I saw president Nixon on TV trying to explain his actions about Watergate, I wept.

I was surprised at my own reaction, even as a young person.
    I had had some spiritual upbringing - enough to know that the failure of a leader should cause one to feel sorrow rather than joy.

[b] Richard Nixon: Servant of God
    [/b]
    I hope you also wept at Obama's actions as president.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree