1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 18:322 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    See Harold Camping: How much good did it do him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

The sad part is, studies have shown this kind of cognitive dissonance results in even deeper belief when these kind of doomsday dates go by with no doomsday. The believers just are that much more fervent.

Talk about being sucked in. Hook line and sinker.
    I guess when you've invested so much of yourself in a deal gone bad you pretty much have to double-down and stick to the deal to the bitter end because it's your only hope for vindication.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 21:20
    Originally posted by 667joe
    You have been sucked into the black hole of religion. Your mind is as primitive as those who with equal fervor believed in Baal! Whenever I see someone wearing a cross or other religious symbol, it is a clue the person is a chump!
    When you discover another way to eternal life then let me know.
    In the mean time, eat, drink, and make merry for tomorrow you die.
    I guess that will include all the sinning you can get away with during
    the day you have left.
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 22:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    the day you have left.
    There is no way to eternal life. You are showing extreme ignorance (again) by suggesting that one is a sinner because he is an atheist. Naturally, there has never been a single case of a religious person sinning. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! So much sin as been committed in the name of Jesus and God and all the other deities, it makes my head spin. Give me a break!🙄
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 01:05
    the day you have left.
    You are seriously deluded if you think your life is going to extend past your due date. You ever see someone come back and report on your so-called heaven? You think you have the one example in Jesus but from what I can see, he didn't even die on the cross or whatever the method was used for crucifixion in those days (there was no proof it was even a cross, he could have been strung up on a tree). The bible says he was spread out with Aloe and other herbs, you notice, NOT embalming fluids, but HEALING ointments. That says to me the whole thing was just made up to cover the fact he came back and had to disappear 3 days later or they would have offed him for real the second time.

So that is your one shot at seeing someone who came back from heaven or whatever he was supposed to have done.

Introduce me to someone from THIS century who came back to report on all the goodies in your heaven.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 05:36
    You are seriously deluded if you think your life is going to extend past your due date. You ever see someone come back and report on your so-called heaven? You think you have the one example in Jesus but from what I can see, he didn't even die on the cross or whatever the method was used for crucifixion in those days (there was no proof it was even a cross, ...[text shortened]... duce me to someone from THIS century who came back to report on all the goodies in your heaven.
    You must be a genius to have figured this aal out. So why can't you
    do anything for me? Why must I look to Jesus for salvation?
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 08:58
    You must be a genius to have figured this aal out. So why can't you
    do anything for me? Why must I look to Jesus for salvation?
    You look because you think you need to - like the people who stop to get sucked in by the street hustler with his three shells and trying to find the ball.

As was so wisely mentioned earlier; live for now not for false offerings of eternal life.

Dont be another victim
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 14:26
    The virus hits and people look at all the millions of words written in the 'holy' books and go 'how could we have believed all that shyte?', the ex christians and muslims become fast friends and start dealing with the real problems of the world and actually grow a real compassion based civilization.
    Bwaaahahahahahaha!!

And you say I live in a fantasy world.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 14:30
    Originally posted by nook7
    You look because you think you need to - like the people who stop to get sucked in by the street hustler with his three shells and trying to find the ball.

As was so wisely mentioned earlier; live for now not for false offerings of eternal life.

Dont be another victim
    I live my life today happily believing in Jesus and have no desire to live it
    any other way. So what benefit would I receive from not believing? Even
    if I don't get eternal life, how would my life be any better than it is now?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 14:33
    Originally posted by 667joe
    There is no way to eternal life. You are showing extreme ignorance (again) by suggesting that one is a sinner because he is an atheist. Naturally, there has never been a single case of a religious person sinning. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! So much sin as been committed in the name of Jesus and God and all the other deities, it makes my head spin. Give me a break!🙄
    There is soooo much wrong here I don't even know where to begin.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 14:53
    See Harold Camping: How much good did it do him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

The sad part is, studies have shown this kind of cognitive dissonance results in even deeper belief when these kind of doomsday dates go by with no doomsday. The believers just are that much more fervent.

Talk about being sucked in. Hook line and sinker.
    Another false prophet, bu ironically his judgment has come.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree