1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 12:06
    @kellyjay said
    You may not agree you have nasty habits, but I treated you like you treat others here
    you'd hate it.
    I think I would not hate it.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 12:12
    @fmf said
    I think I would not hate it.
    🙂 What is that truth concerning attraction and repulsion?
    I think you would despise it!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 12:19
    @kellyjay said
    🙂 What is that truth concerning attraction and repulsion?
    I think you would despise it!
    No, I don't think I would despise it. I think you would be a far better advocate for your religion if you took a few leaves from my book and engaged me [and others] in the way I engage you.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 12:58
    @fmf said
    No, I don't think I would despise it. I think you would be a far better advocate for your religion if you took a few leaves from my book and engaged me [and others] in the way I engage you.
    Another place we part company, I do believe we are to use the gifts we have for
    the glory of God, but God doesn't need us. We can share the gospel, but our
    arguments are meaningless if God doesn't do a work. In other words, it is always
    God not us that does the real work, we can plant the seeds, but God gives the
    increase.

If you would be better at sharing the gospel than I, then I would rejoice to see you
    do it, it wouldn't pain me! It isn't about us, it is about Jesus and the reward of His
    suffering. Paul rejoiced to see others share the gospel when they did it out of spite.

Its the one truth that saves us from the future set before us that we draw closer to
    each day. Personally if you ever did get right with God and became blessed at
    sharing the gospel I'd carry your bags and luggage to make that happen, and be
    honored to do it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:08
    @kellyjay said
    Another place we part company, I do believe we are to use the gifts we have for
    the glory of God, but God doesn't need us. We can share the gospel, but our
    arguments are meaningless if God doesn't do a work. In other words, it is always
    God not us that does the real work, we can plant the seeds, but God gives the
    increase.
    It is utterly impossible to imagine that there is a God who is working through you here on this message board. I cannot imagine anyone neutral reading your writing and thinking 'I want me some of that mindmap, I want me some of that "God's work" that this poster is displaying'.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:09
    @kellyjay said
    It isn't about us, it is about Jesus and the reward of His
    suffering.
    Your demeanour and communication skills ARE about you.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:11
    @kellyjay said
    Personally if you ever did get right with God and became blessed at
    sharing the gospel I'd carry your bags and luggage to make that happen, and be
    honored to do it.
    You'd 'carry my bags'? "And luggage". Sorry. Don't know what you mean. An Americanism perhaps?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:15
    @kellyjay said
    Sorry I just woke up, you didn't do what I thought when I first read this.
    Does the word "nasty" apply to what I DID do?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:373 edits
    @fmf said
    It is utterly impossible to imagine that there is a God who is working through you here on this message board. I cannot imagine anyone neutral reading your writing and thinking 'I want me some of that mindmap, I want me some of that "God's work" that this poster is displaying'.
    I am not surprised. God works and it isn't always clear what He is doing and who is
    being affected why and how. With some their hearts can be soften, others hearing
    the same words could cause their hearts to get harder. I've been blessed to see
    some come to the Lord in real life that I shared with, and they have been walking
    with the Lord for several years. I try not to worry about results, I just try to be
    faithful it is the only thing I can control, and let life happen as it does. I cannot
    force anyone into knowing God, even God doesn't do that. No one is won over to
    the Lord on the strength of a human argument, but only on an encounter with
    God.

Being faithful is more important than sacrifice, and numbers of so called
    conversions are not a measuring stick I think God looks at. People do, you can
    have an someone in religion brag about the number of people who stepped
    forward to accept Christ but that doesn't mean those people actually met Christ.
    They could have been shamed into setting forward, they could have been
    emotionally driven to step forward. Getting right with God actually requires, God.
    Who does that I cannot see nor any us. I'd say sometimes too, agreeing with your
    assessment, God has to work in spite of our efforts too, we do screw things up
    more times than not.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:38
    @fmf said
    You'd 'carry my bags'? "And luggage". Sorry. Don't know what you mean. An Americanism perhaps?
    If you were the one doing the work I'd just be happy helping you do it by doing
    the little things you need done.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:41
    @kellyjay said
    I am not surprised. God works and it isn't always clear what He is doing and who is
    being affected why and how. With some their hearts can be soften, others hearing
    the same words could cause their hearts to get harder. I've been blessed to see
    some come to the Lord in real life that I shared with, and they have been walking
    with the Lord for several years. I try not to ...[text shortened]... assessment, God has
    to work in spite of our efforts too, we do screw things up more times than not.
    So much for "you'll know them by their fruits" then.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:42
    @kellyjay said
    If you were the one doing the work I'd just be happy helping you do it by doing
    the little things you need done.
    "The work"?

"Little things" that need doing?

Are you deep in the tall weeds of some American saying here?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:43
    @fmf said
    So much for "you'll know them by their fruits" then.
    You can know them by their fruits, just not by them saying a sinners prayer.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:44
    @kellyjay said
    You can know them by their fruits, just not by them saying a sinners prayer.
    "Saying a sinners prayer"?

Another idiomatic expression?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 13:48
    @fmf said
    "The work"?

"Little things" that need doing?

Are you deep in the tall weeds of some American saying here?
    Scripturally speaking God calls the church a living body, as a body some parts are
    the ones everyone see and gives credit too, glory too, and so on. The thing is none
    of those parts can do what they do if all the others parts are also not doing their
    jobs or fulfilling their roles.

The only thing I'm trying to convey is that it wouldn't bother me if you were the
    one everyone saw and heard, and I was a support that no one saw or heard,
    because the work is more important than our being acknowledged or seen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree