1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 08:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is it you fail to understand, if they continually practice drinking to excess they are alcoholic, if they don't they are not, what is it about that statement that you fail to grasp, tell me, is it the language, the terminology, the in-house terms, is it a foreign language, is English not your first language, do you wear glasses or have lost your ...[text shortened]... of your pseudo scientific, silly hypothetical arguments and other forms of outright quackery!
    im baffled by the extreme levels of stupidity exhibited in your comments and ad hoc theory. im pretty sure you have stated in the past that you have worked with alcoholics, helping them with their illness. did you tell them after several months of not drinking that they were no longer alcoholics???? i hope not.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 10:331 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im baffled by the extreme levels of stupidity exhibited in your comments and ad hoc theory. im pretty sure you have stated in the past that you have worked with alcoholics, helping them with their illness. did you tell them after several months of not drinking that they were no longer alcoholics???? i hope not.
    ad hoc? levels of stupidity? bwhahahaha? I the humble theist seem to be the only one given to the scientific method, while the materialist must rely upon the conflicting claims of psychoanalysts, bogus assertions of genetic predisposition, ignorance of the philosophical arguments concerning causation and I therefore openly mock you from my castle walls and throw cows and chickens at you from above!

Anyhow, today is my wedding anniversary, 14 years married to a wonderful dusky maiden from the heart of the Punjab! peace be upon it and all of mother India
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 10:59
    ad hoc? levels of stupidity? bwhahahaha? I the humble theist seem to be the only one given to the scientific method, while the materialist must rely upon the conflicting claims of psychoanalysts, bogus assertions of genetic predisposition, ignorance of the philosophical arguments concerning causation and I therefore openly mock you from my castle w ...[text shortened]... a wonderful dusky maiden from the heart of the Punjab! peace be upon it and all of mother India
    ill put aside the hostilities for a moment and congratulate you on your anniversary.

now back to your bizarre theory -

would you advice a man who has given up alcohol for several years, yet battles with his craving to drink every moment of every day that he is no longer an alcoholic? yes or no?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 12:21
    ad hoc? levels of stupidity? bwhahahaha? I the humble theist seem to be the only one given to the scientific method, while the materialist must rely upon the conflicting claims of psychoanalysts, bogus assertions of genetic predisposition, ignorance of the philosophical arguments concerning causation and I therefore openly mock you from my castle w ...[text shortened]... a wonderful dusky maiden from the heart of the Punjab! peace be upon it and all of mother India
    14 years?

Thread 148370
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 12:23
    Is a paedophile only a paedophile when he/she is abusing children?
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 12:29
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    14 years?

Thread 148370
    Yes it seems Robbie's memory is going.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 12:29
    Congrats for yer wedding anniversary -and take care of yer skater kid my feer😵
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 13:59
    If someone sticks a gun to my wife's head, and threatens to pull the trigger unless I have sex with him, am I gay?
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:40
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    If someone sticks a gun to my wife's head, and threatens to pull the trigger unless I have sex with him, am I gay?
    According to Robbie, yes. But only while it's actually happening. Immediately afterwards, you are back to being neither gay nor straight. It must be a bit like Schrodinger's cat.

I wonder if Robbie actually has a term for someone who is attracted to the opposite sex, or attracted to the same sex. He seems to think that such attractions do not exist, which begs the question of how he managed to end up married. Robbie, were you ever attracted to your wife?

--- Penguin.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:48
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Congrats for yer wedding anniversary -and take care of yer skater kid my feer😵
    the great Confucius once said - 'why skate on thin ice when you can dance'! thanks dear beetle, thanks so much 🙂
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:491 edit
    14 years?

Thread 148370
    I think its fourteen years, seems like only yesterday, I think the last one was thirteen, not fourteen as I mistakenly cited, strange for a champion of empiric's and a man of science such as myself to get the data wrong, maybe I am a human and not angelic after all 🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:53
    Originally posted by Penguin
    According to Robbie, yes. But only while it's actually happening. Immediately afterwards, you are back to being neither gay nor straight. It must be a bit like Schrodinger's cat.

I wonder if Robbie actually has a term for someone who is attracted to the opposite sex, or attracted to the same sex. He seems to think that such attractions do not exist, which ...[text shortened]... ow he managed to end up married. Robbie, were you ever attracted to your wife?

--- Penguin.
    no you are quite wrong for I have consistently mentioned practice, what an individual practices is a classification, being coerced against ones own volition at the point of a gun is not a practice, is it, why must you try me with such ludicrous hypothetical scenarios. What it constitutes is a homosexual act.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:55
    If they abuse children or conspire to abuse children by some evil machination they are a paedophile. Why this should be so difficult to grasp, I cannot say.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:56
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Yes it seems Robbie's memory is going.
    thankyou Grassbert, thanks a lot.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 14:572 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    ill put aside the hostilities for a moment and congratulate you on your anniversary.

now back to your bizarre theory -

would you advice a man who has given up alcohol for several years, yet battles with his craving to drink every moment of every day that he is no longer an alcoholic? yes or no?
    he no longer engages in the practice of drinking alcohol excessively and is therefore no longer an alcoholic, clear, conscience and accurate. Now if you are quite finished my illustrious friends, I have a dinner engagement!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree