1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 18:231 edit
    Hi guys, just back from a few days RnR, so couldnt attend to the thread. I could answer you all individually, but that would probably send the thread in several different directions, so instead i'll explain where i am coming from, and where i intended it to go.

I would be interested in whether someone who does not believe in your own individual representation of God can gain access to your interpretation of Heaven.

Do you(s) see Heaven as a members only club for the devout in your own faith, or is being a good person enough?

Let us take it for granted that your own vision of spirituality is true, and that god (if he exists) fits the description you asign to him. If there is a heaven, then there can be only one, so you're either in or out, right.

Is your idea of heaven biggoted?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 18:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed, I stand corrected. What I was attempting to say was in reference to the scripture that says if you break one of the laws you in effect break them all and are labeled a sinner. Unfortunatly I do not have a Bible with me to look it up. Perhaps you know the verse I am refering to?
    When online, Bibles-a-plenty:

http://www.biblegateway.com
    http://blueletterbible.org
    http://www.scripture4all.org

Among others, of course.
  3. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 19:24
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound

Is your idea of heaven biggoted?
    Yes. I am a narrow-minded bigot on this. I believe everybody who says they are going to heaven won’t unless they do it the Bible way as described in my previous post. There's only one door into heaven, and that's Jesus Christ.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 21:37
    Originally posted by masscat
    Yes. I am a narrow-minded bigot on this. I believe everybody who says they are going to heaven won’t unless they do it the Bible way as described in my previous post. There's only one door into heaven, and that's Jesus Christ.
    so Ghandi has gone to hell, in your eyes?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 22:16
    Not yet, but soon. Unless, of course, he had some unknown conversion to Christianity, in which case he is in the company of God right now, worshipping at the feet of the Lord Jesus Christ.
  6. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:02
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    [b]If you dont believe in him, you are not rejecting him.

Yes, you are. By the natural law, every human being knows intuitively that God exists. Refusing to believe that is indeed a rejection of God. The only question is the extent to which the person had knowledge and gave consent to that rejection.[/b]
    This is odd; one would think the motives for "rejection" would be morally relevant.
  7. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:03
    Yes.
    John 3:18 He that believeth on him (i.e. Jesus) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Not yet, but soon. Unless, of course, he had some unknown conversion to Christianity, in which case he is in the company of God right now, worshipping at the feet of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    A position that could not be further from the "moral law" that is "written into the conscience of every man". Now I know you're not a Catholic, but it hardly seems fair, does it?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:11
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Eternity grovelling? No wonder you people try to stay alive as long as possible - this god of your sure sounds like a fun guy!
  10. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    From the Catechism:

[i]1956. The natural law, present in the heart of each man and established by reason, is universal in its precepts and its authority extends to all men. It expresses the dignity of the person and determines the basis for his fundamental rights and duties:
    [quote]For there is a true law: right reason. It is in conformity with n pable of reasoning. Naturally, this includes the truth about His own existence. (c.f. CCC 36)
    to put my oar in...

does this actually prove your point? i see no facts backed up with evidence.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:39
    Yes.
    John 3:18 He that believeth on him (i.e. Jesus) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    so let me get this clear (i accept this is not the opinion of all christians)

If Ian Huntley repents, he goes to heaven, but Ghandi doesnt???

Are you saying that only christians go to heaven (or your representaton of heaven), no bhudists, muslims, daoists, Jews, or athiests.

So if Mother Theresa (may she rest in peace), turned from god in her final hour, God would refuse her entry to the kingdom of heaven (your heaven anyway).

I dont like your idea of heaven very much, i hope i haven't offended you by saying that
  12. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:39
    Philippians 2: 9. Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; 10. that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, 11. and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You can do it now willingly, or you can do it later, but you WILL do it, and you read about it right here on RHP!
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 23:57
    Philippians 2: 9. Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; 10. that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, 11. and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You can do it now willingly, or you can do it later, but you WILL do it, and you read about it right here on RHP!
    you see that is the reason that your interpretation of god doesn't do it for me, in fact i would wholeheartedly reject a God that doesn't let in Mother Theresa because she dissed him.

I wish to apologise for using the word dissed in the same sentence as Mother Theresa.
  14. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 00:08
    It's not my intention to try to force my beliefs on anybody because I can't make anybody believe anything. My responsibility is to simply say what the Word of God says, and if a person doesn't believe it, that's their choice, and I have to respect it.
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 00:15
    It's not my intention to try to force my beliefs on anybody because I can't make anybody believe anything. My responsibility is to simply say what the Word of God says, and if a person doesn't believe it, that's their choice, and I have to respect it.
    Hmm, spoken like a true gentleman.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree