1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 02:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't think that there is such a sign. Like I said, we should not waste our time judging others. We have no authority to do so and therefore the activity is mute. I believe we will all be suprised in the end because we don't know everything. However, the only thing we can be sure of is what God has promised.
    the only thing i would debate in your post is the use of the word "we", but i get where you're coming from.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 03:161 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    the only thing i would debate in your post is the use of the word "we", but i get where you're coming from.
    I'm glad. Unfortunatly us christians often mistake knowing the truth for knowing all the truth. It often makes us sound close minded and arrogant. I know, I've been there and done that and I think I am over myself. Humility is a wonderful thing to possess but a painful thing to acquire.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 03:261 edit
    I'm glad. Unfortunatly us christians often mistake knowing the truth for knowing all the truth. It often makes us sound close minded and arrogant. I know, I've been there and done that and I think I am over myself. Humility is a wonderful thing to possess but a painful thing to acquire.
    I think the christian God gets a pretty bad rap some of the time.
    For one its the only one people seem to judge ad-infinitum, probably because he's the one they know, therefore the one everything is judged on.Also i think some of the diehard doctorines that have been invented by those who claim to do his work, are well . . .we'll leave that one for another thread.

Fundimental anything cant be good all the time 🙂

Athiests always assume the high groud because they dont have faith, but ask them to explain the eyeball, or creation of the universe, and they soon find themselves swimming in theoretical physics, or other theory's of creationism.

theory's and faith seem the same to me 🙂

you dont often get smileys on the spirituality forum do you ?
  4. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 10:461 edit
    I think Jews believe righteous Gentiles will be saved. Perhaps also some other religions do also. Someone of those faiths would better be able to put forth their beliefs on this.

From the Christian perspective as one who tries to use the Bible as the final authority, here it is in a nutshell.

Paul marveled that some of the Galatian believers had turned away from Jesus to a “different gospel” (Galatians 1:6). He then declared, “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed”

What is the gospel Paul preached?
    For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Paul also wrote that “God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel” (Romans 2:16).

John 14:6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If it were by works, Christ would not have had to suffer and die on the cross.
    Ephesians 2:4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
    6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
    7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
    8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:261 edit
    So it is finite mortal intellectual honesty verses the source of all intellectual honesty and understanding in the universe?
    That makes no sense, if my finite moral intellectual honesty suggests there is NOT a source of all intellectual honesty and understanding in the universe.

I can see only what I can see. It is not a failing on my part. I am not rejecting anyone or anything.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:34
    Originally posted by dottewell
    That makes no sense, if my finite moral intellectual honesty suggests there is NOT a source of all intellectual honesty and understanding in the universe.

I can see only what I can see. It is not a failing on my part. I am not rejecting anyone or anything.
    My point is that your intellectual capacity is finite and failing. Our bodies are imperfect and are getting ever closer to failing. Not to mention our perception is skewed. Our perception of reality revolves around our limited exposure to that reality as well as our biased opinions that are based on personal expereinces and percieved needs and desires.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:47
    what did ghandi steal from God?
    stealing, thats a sin isn't it?🙂
    If Ghandi refused to give to God what is rightfully His, then, yes, he stole from Him. Sin is not what keeps people out of heaven, however; lack of faith is what puts people in hell. With the assumption that Ghandi spent his entire life in abject refusal to God's offer, he (and everyone else in the similar boat) end up in hell.

I don't know that he did, I don't know that he didn't. I do know that if a person rejects God's offer, they get exactly what they want: eternal separation from Him.
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:54
    My point is that your intellectual capacity is finite and failing. Our bodies are imperfect and are getting ever closer to failing. Not to mention our perception is skewed. Our perception of reality revolves around our limited exposure to that reality as well as our biased opinions that are based on personal expereinces and percieved needs and desires.
    Even if that were true, so what? If that is the intellectual capacity we were born with, and if that leads us to a conclusion that God does not exist, then why should we be blamed? What have we done wrong?
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 16:15
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If Ghandi refused to give to God what is rightfully His, then, yes, he stole from Him. Sin is not what keeps people out of heaven, however; lack of faith is what puts people in hell. With the assumption that Ghandi spent his entire life in abject refusal to God's offer, he (and everyone else in the similar boat) end up in hell.

I don't know that he di ...[text shortened]... a person rejects God's offer, they get exactly what they want: eternal separation from Him.
    then there must surely be a third place in your eyes, yes?
    A place for those who have commtied no sin (pick your own interpretation), but have refused gods great gift (whatever that may be).Or does your god shun the good people who reject his holy toaster?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 16:21
    A place for those who have commtied no sin (pick your own interpretation), but have refused gods great gift (whatever that may be).Or does your god shun the good people who reject his holy toaster?
    Lessee... with God or without. Kind of like leaded gas or unleaded gas, you either have one or the other. You are mistakenly equating hell with punishment for sin. Ain't the case. Pat Benatar notwithstanding, hell is for all those who would rather have not-God.

A place for those who have commtied no sin
    Even loosely described to an extreme degree, who do you know of that qualifies in this category?

Or does your god shun the good people who reject his holy toaster?
    Unintended or poorly-executed, I miss the humor.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 18:16
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]then there must surely be a third place in your eyes, yes?
    Lessee... with God or without. Kind of like leaded gas or unleaded gas, you either have one or the other. You are mistakenly equating hell with punishment for sin. Ain't the case. Pat Benatar notwithstanding, hell is for all those who would rather have not-God.

A place for those ...[text shortened]... good people who reject his holy toaster?
    Unintended or poorly-executed, I miss the humor.[/b]
    No dogs , No blacks, No Irish

I dont think i would like your interpretation of heaven thank you very much.

It is yours to have, and it is not my place to insult it. . .so i wont.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 19:20
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Even if that were true, so what? If that is the intellectual capacity we were born with, and if that leads us to a conclusion that God does not exist, then why should we be blamed? What have we done wrong?
    The implication being that we were programed to reject him, no? Well the Bible teaches that we have free will and therefore are held accountable for our actions. This contradicts the claim that we do not have a choice. If God can do anything, he would be able to not only create us but create us with free will and not programed will.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 19:28
    Does a good man go to heaven if he doesnt believe in God ?

sorry thiests, ah aint pickin on you's 🙂
    no
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 19:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    no
    Kelly
    i like your profile dude 🙂
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 21:46

I dont think i would like your interpretation of heaven thank you very much.

It is yours to have, and it is not my place to insult it. . .so i wont.
    Is that your idea of heaven, or are you projecting? It certainly isn't how Heaven is depicted in God's word.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree