1. London
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 00:24
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    [b]If you had no practical impediment (money, wife and kids) to abandoning US citizenship, would you?

No, but that is because what is occuring WILL change when the leadership of this nation changes, in only a few years. That is one of those strange things about democracy...

As to things I dont like - I stand up and make a difference. Exa ...[text shortened]... ing.[/b]

Pray tell - what did you have to give up to be Christian....besides your free will?[/b]
    So, if the Republicans win again in '08 and you have money to move - you will consider abandoning US citizenship?

I don't have to tell you specifically what I'm doing when I'm not on this forum. That's my private business. I will tell you that I'm not sitting on my proverbial arse.

Pray tell - what did you have to give up to be Christian....besides your free will?

No - that's one thing I haven't given up (nor have I been asked to).
  2. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 21:35
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    So, if the Republicans win again in '08 and you have money to move - you will consider abandoning US citizenship?

What party is in office is not going to affect my moving or not. Not every Republican that has been in office I have had issue with or disagreed with (to my knowledge.) - Again - this is a democracy, it will change again. People can AFFECT change in a democracy.

I don't have to tell you specifically what I'm doing when I'm not on this forum. That's my private business. I will tell you that I'm not sitting on my proverbial arse.

You don't have to do anything, you are correct. But until such time that you lift some form of evidence that you are doing something, you will appear to everyone here that you are, in fact, sitting on your arse. You talk big LH....Can't you back it up?

No - that's one thing I haven't given up (nor have I been asked to).

Oooh...Guided AND deceived....
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 00:241 edit
    "Pray tell - what did you have to give up to be Christian....besides your free will?

No - that's one thing I haven't given up (nor have I been asked to)."
    Wait a sec. How can you say this and yet defer your judgement of what is right and wrong, good or bad, to another entity (i.e. God)? It's not YOUR judgement in that case, not your free will (other than the free will required to accept someone else's judgement).
  4. London
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 09:56
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Wait a sec. How can you say this and yet defer your judgement of what is right and wrong, good or bad, to another entity (i.e. God)? It's not YOUR judgement in that case, not your free will (other than the free will required to accept someone else's judgement).
    Are you relinquishing your free will by following your doctor's orders?
  5. London
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 10:161 edit
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    [b]So, if the Republicans win again in '08 and you have money to move - you will consider abandoning US citizenship?

What party is in office is not going to affect my moving or not. Not every Republican that has been in office I have had issue with or disagreed with (to my knowledge.) - Again - this is a democracy, it will change again. People can g I haven't given up (nor have I been asked to).[/b]

Oooh...Guided AND deceived....[/b]
    What party is in office is not going to affect my moving or not. Not every Republican that has been in office I have had issue with or disagreed with (to my knowledge.) - Again - this is a democracy, it will change again. People can AFFECT change in a democracy.

The Church is not a democracy, true. But that doesn't mean lay Catholics cannot affect reform (where needed). After all, no one is born into the hierarchy - every saint, priest, Bishop or Pope starts off as a layman.

You don't have to do anything, you are correct.

You misunderstand me. Whether I have to do anything or not, I don't have to tell you (a complete stranger whose RHP handle is the only thing I know) about it. If you treat it as evidence that I'm doing nothing about the issues, then that's your decision. If you work for animal welfare, good for you. I don't feel obliged to make a public song and dance about my personal actions.
  6. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 14:12
    The Church is not a democracy, true. But that doesn't mean lay Catholics cannot affect reform (where needed).

Well, in the case of the rampant rape occuring within the church, reform is needed....so AFFECT a change.

I don't have to tell you (a complete stranger whose RHP handle is the only thing I know) about it.

Correct, you dont, but until such time that you can actually provide example of what you are doing to affect change in the church or anywhere else for that matter, you are a going to appear to be a pontificating religious armchair cowboy.

I don't feel obliged to make a public song and dance about my personal actions.

I respect your not wanting to lie....good for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree