1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm just pointing out to you that your albeit heartfelt belief in the blood thing is based on flimsy scriptural evidence and yet you call others out on doing the same and deny the meaning of the clarity of the scripture I post above.

While acusing me of posting "irrelevancies". My words are not irrelevant; perhaps you dont like them but they are relevant to this topic.
    Here it is again, third time:

(Hebrews 6:4-6) For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.

when you have anything to say about it, let me know.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 19:491 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Here it is again, third time:

(Hebrews 6:4-6) For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to ...[text shortened]... emselves and expose him to public shame.

when you have anything to say about it, let me know.
    But earlier when I posted: ephesians 1:14

you refused to comment on it because it was out of context; and yet here you are posting a verse rudely at me out of context.

Can you explain how what you are doing is different to what I did?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 19:543 edits
    But earlier when I posted: ephesians 1:14

you refused to comment on it becasue it was out of context; and yet here you are posting a verse rudely at me out of context.

Can you explain how what you are doing is different to what I did?
    this verse has already been posted by RajK in the course of this discussion prior to your entry and I have explained that it presents a dilemma which is a completely objective stance, that's why its different from what you have done.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 19:57
    this verse has already been posted by RajK in the course of this discussion prior to your entry and I have explained that it presents a dilemma which is a completely objective stance, that's why its different from what you have done.
    Can you please provide clarity on "objective in stance" as justification for me accepting your single verse over you accepting mine?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:013 edits
    Can you please provide clarity on "objective in stance" as justification for me accepting your single verse over you accepting mine?
    I have not accepted anything, infact all i have stated that when one juxtaposes the two verses it present a dilemma, for either the verse does not say what me must assume you say it says (a guarantee of salvation) or RajKs verse does not say what he says it does, either way, there is a seeming contradiction, that is an objective stance.

I have not asked you to accept anything all I have done is ask you to consider your position in view of another Biblical verse and proffer an explanation which you so far have declined to do despite being asked three times to do so.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:03
    I have not accepted anything, infact all i have stated that when one juxtaposes the two verses it present a dilemma, for either the verse does not say what me must assume you say it says (a guarantee of salvation) or RajKs verse does not say what he says it does, either way, there is a seeming contradiction, that is an objective stance.

I have n ...[text shortened]... view of another Biblical verse and proffer an explanation which you so far have declined to do.
    Hmm perhaps we can nearly find common ground. I agree.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:072 edits
    Hmm perhaps we can nearly find common ground. I agree.
    The New world translation mentions no such guarantee.

(Ephesians 1:13, 14) But you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth, the good news about your salvation. By means of him also, after you believed, you were sealed with the promised holy spirit, which is a token in advance of our inheritance, for the purpose of releasing by a ransom [God’s] own possession, to his glorious praise.

and neither does any other translation I examine.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:11
    The New world translation mentions no such guarantee.

(Ephesians 1:13, 14) But you also hoped in him after you heard the word of truth, the good news about your salvation. By means of him also, after you believed, you were sealed with the promised holy spirit, which is a token in advance of our inheritance, for the purpose of releasing by a ransom [God’s] own possession, to his glorious praise.
    well it wouldn't would it, lol
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:131 edit
    but neither does any other translation i examine,

American Standard Version
    in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation,-- in whom, having also believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Douay-Rheims Bible
    In whom you also, after you had heard the word of truth, (the gospel of your salvation😉 in whom also believing, you were signed with the holy Spirit of promise,

Darby Bible Translation
    in whom ye also have trusted, having heard the word of the truth, the glad tidings of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, ye have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

English Revised Version
    in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation,--in whom, having also believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Webster's Bible Translation
    In whom ye also trusted, after ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Weymouth New Testament
    And in Him you Gentiles also, after listening to the Message of the truth, the Good News of your salvation--having believed in Him--were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit;

World English Bible
    in whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation--in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Young's Literal Translation
    in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth -- the good news of your salvation -- in whom also having believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise,
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:13
    all wrong? you have free will, would you rather be an auto bot? the Father is awesome, you mortals cannot touch him!
    Awesome?! He's a dodgy builder!!! He cocked it up, more than once.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Awesome?! He's a dodgy builder!!! He cocked it up, more than once.
    plueeeeeeze Jah is awesome!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:15
    but neither does any other translation i examine,

in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation,-- in whom, having also believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Douay-Rheims Bible
    In whom you also, after you had heard the word of truth, (the gospel of your salvati ...[text shortened]... r salvation -- in whom also having believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise,
    would you like me to quote all the ones that do? you know, the ones you ignored.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:17
    I beg your pardon I found these which seem to produce another dilemma, whether the correct translation is a token or a pledge or a guarantee.

New International Version
    who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

New Living Translation
    The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.

English Standard Version
    who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

New American Standard Bible
    who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

King James Bible
    Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

International Standard Version
    who is the guarantee of our inheritance until God redeems his own possession for his praise and glory.

NET Bible
    who is the down payment of our inheritance, until the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of his glory.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Who is the pledge of our inheritance for the redemption of those who are living and for the glory of his honor.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    This Holy Spirit is the guarantee that we will receive our inheritance. We have this guarantee until we are set free to belong to him. God receives praise and glory for this.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    which is the earnest of our inheritance unto the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

King James 2000 Bible
    Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

American King James Version
    Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of his glory.

which is an earnest of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God's own possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Who is the pledge of our inheritance, unto the redemption of acquisition, unto the praise of his glory.

Darby Bible Translation
    who is [the] earnest of our inheritance to the redemption of the acquired possession to [the] praise of his glory.

English Revised Version
    which is an earnest of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God's own possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Webster's Bible Translation
    Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of his glory.

Weymouth New Testament
    that Spirit being a pledge and foretaste of our inheritance, in anticipation of its full redemption--the inheritance which He has purchased to be specially His for the extolling of His glory.

World English Bible
    who is a pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of his glory.

Young's Literal Translation
    which is an earnest of our inheritance, to the redemption of the acquired possession, to the praise of His glory.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:181 edit
    would you like me to quote all the ones that do? you know, the ones you ignored.
    actually i was not looking at the correct verse which is verse 14. there are three versions,

NAS: who is given as a pledge of our inheritance,
    KJV: is the earnest of our
    INT: who is [the] guarantee of the inheritance

interesting....lets see which is more accurate
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 20:18
    plueeeeeeze Jah is awesome!
    If you had a builder come round to do your kitchen and he did as bad a job as this joker Jehovah has done on this planet, you'd refuse to pay him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree