1. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '14 15:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    They got another think coming. When they see how glorious the Kingdom of God is compared to their tiny glass worldview, I'm sure attitudes will change real quickly once they see the folly of their entire lives' worth of lame justifications and ignorance.
    So you basically concede the following:
    1. I currently do not see how glorious the Kingdom of God is, whereas you do.
    2. If I did know this, my attitudes and presumably any decisions I would make would change.
    3. I do not currently see the folly of my current entire lives' worth of lame justifications. But you do.

So please explain to me how I am still responsible for my decisions, given that I am not privy to the necessary information to make the right decisions?
    Also explain to me how your decision making was more worthy, given that you are privy to all this extra information that I do not have.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 20:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    One Question

God's perfect plan provides the grace gift [free] of eternal life for all who choose to claim it with an uncoerced decision to believe [place their confidence] in Christ for their salvation. What are the most compelling reasons to reject this gift?
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 21:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    [b]One Question

God's perfect plan provides the grace gift [free] of eternal life for all who choose to claim it with an uncoerced decision to believe [place their confidence] in Christ for their salvation. What are the most compelling reasons to reject this gift?[/b]
    Answer Twhiteheads question.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 00:44
    God's perfect plan provides the grace gift [free] of eternal life for all who choose to claim it with an uncoerced decision to believe [place their confidence] in Christ for their salvation. What are the most compelling reasons to reject this gift?
    You keep using the word "uncoerced" and then evading any proper discussion of it. Coercion is front and centre in your ideology. The question is, though, would you seriously have us believe that threats of hideous perpetual violence and torture can somehow force someone to believe in something that they simply do not believe? And if [perhaps for some sort of psychological reasons] they do bend to the threats, how can you seriously claim it was "an uncoerced decision"?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 15:52
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Answer Twhiteheads question.
    Page?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 15:53
    Page?
    The top of this one ffs.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 15:56
    The top of this one ffs.
    He posed his questions to Suzi.... I respect her prerogative to reply.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 15:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    You keep using the word "uncoerced" and then evading any proper discussion of it. Coercion is front and centre in your ideology. The question is, though, would you seriously have us believe that threats of hideous perpetual violence and torture can somehow force someone to believe in something that they simply do not believe? And if [perhaps for some sort of ps ...[text shortened]... easons] they do bend to the threats, how can you seriously claim it was "an uncoerced decision"?
    Originally posted by Borinquen (Page 6)
    Uncoerced? Satan does all in his power to coerce humankind. To keep humans from knowing the truth.
    The most compelling reasons to reject would be natural. You can take your pick, from fear of the unknown to self preservation, lust, etc.

Hi, Borinquen. Welcome to Red Hot Pawn. "Satan does all in his power to coerce humankind." Absolutely; the great deceiver has counterfeited absolute truth since the garden. "... an uncoerced decision [uncoerced by God who respects human volition which coexists with God's Sovereignty in time] to believe [place their confidence] in Christ for their salvation".
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 16:05
    He posed his questions to Suzi.... I respect her prerogative to reply.
    So it was, I apologise.

I'm so used to people pressing you for answers to questions you never ever
    answer that I assumed [as this was your thread] that twhitehead was
    pressing you for an answer. I should have paid more attention, as you are by
    no means the only person here who never answers questions.

Having said that however, I'm pretty sure twhitehead has asked you questions
    to which you have given no answer and you really should answer those.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 16:29
    So it was, I apologise.

I'm so used to people pressing you for answers to questions you never ever
    answer that I assumed [as this was your thread] that twhitehead was
    pressing you for an answer. I should have paid more attention, as you are by
    no means the only person here who never answers questions.

Having said that however, I'm pretty sure ...[text shortened]... has asked you questions
    to which you have given no answer and you really should answer those.
    Hey, everyone: Look!
    An atheist who actually admits when they are wrong.

Well, almost.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 21:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Hey, everyone: Look!
    An atheist who actually admits when they are wrong.

Well, almost.
    Yes, I admit it when I make a mistake.

When are you going to start doing that?
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 22:45
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You're framing the issue incorrectly.

The question has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's belief in God.
    The question has everything to do with the final analysis.
    In the final analysis, do you stand before God and account for your life on the basis of your own works, your own good?
    Or, in the final analysis, do you stand before God with the cove ...[text shortened]... the account, it sounds much more like a warning from a loving parent than a threat of ill-will.
    After digging back through the thread to find what the argument between you and FMF is. I found the post I'm replying to. The bit I'm interested in is this part:
    ...in that scenario, how will you stand before God?
    The same who dismiss are tacitly affirming their decision to stand before God on the basis of their own goodness--- even if you insist such a scenario will never happen, you're assigning yourself that position by rejecting the work completed for you.
    Of course, this brings up yet another question: on what basis can you reject the scenario asserted by Christianity, i.e., the final judgement?
    Well, by faith, of course!
    Are you saying that the faithful get ushered into the kingdom of God while us infidels have to justify ourselves - and may yet be allowed in provided our lives were blameless?

If you are then this is a new viewpoint to me. Although I don't see any reason why not I don't believe that is standard Christian doctrine. It strikes me there are two moral hazards. One is that people could start believing that they can get away with a couple of murders - provided they have faith. The other is that, well, I don't have to believe as long as I'm good. The doctrine I was brought up with is that faith is one's only hope and one has to be good. Have things changed in the meantime?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 23:13
    Originally posted by Borinquen (Page 6)
    Uncoerced? Satan does all in his power to coerce humankind. To keep humans from knowing the truth.
    The most compelling reasons to reject would be natural. You can take your pick, from fear of the unknown to self preservation, lust, etc.

Hi, Borinquen. Welcome t ...[text shortened]... d's Sovereignty in time[/i]] to believe [place their confidence] in Christ for their salvation".
    These two copy pastes are just you evading my question. You keep using the word "uncoerced" and yet you just dodge any proper discussion of it.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 22:08
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    After digging back through the thread to find what the argument between you and FMF is. I found the post I'm replying to. The bit I'm interested in is this part:[quote]...in that scenario, how will you stand before God?
    The same who dismiss are tacitly affirming their decision to stand before God on the basis of their own goodness--- even if you insis ...[text shortened]... at faith is one's only hope [b]and
    one has to be good. Have things changed in the meantime?[/b]
    Bump for FreakyKBH.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree