1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:39
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<If dive is ashamed of himself, then he should fit right in with the rest of us Christians. After all, compared to Jesus Christ we're all just sinners saved by grace.>>

I think there’s a difference between humility and being ashamed. Certainly all who are in Christ are (or should be) humble, but ashamed? I don’t agree. We should be proud to be Christ ...[text shortened]... (can’t remember where I saw it,) was, “You are of infinite worth because you belong to Christ.”
    I agree with what you're saying. I was thinking in terms of what Paul said in Romans 6, "What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed?"

"Now ashamed". It's difficult to come to terms with, but not when we concider our position "in Christ". "Accepted in the beloved". Our worth, from God's perspective, is that each and every human being has greater worth to Him than the entire cosmos. "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

But you are right in that humility, a broken and contrite spirit, which God will not despise, and fear of God is at the root of our relationship with the Lord.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:44
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I’m not ashamed of myself nor the name and identity of Jesus Christ, furthermore I would never, under any circumstances whatsoever, accuse someone else of being ashamed of Christ.

Some people in this forum need to be able to see the real issues in play here; integrity, honesty and principle.
    And what if someone, who claimed to be a Christian, were ashamed of identifying themselves with Jesus Christ?

Would you have the "integrity, honesty and principle" to call it out?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:451 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    And what if someone, who claimed to be a Christian, were ashamed of identifying themselves with Jesus Christ?

Would you have the "integrity, honesty and principle" to call it out?
    You consider outing someone in public for this as showing integrity?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:53
    When you spend as much time as you do running down and attacking believers - often for no reason - while ignoring blatant trolling and dishonesty from atheists and Christ deniers, it absolutely shows integrity to call you out for your hypocritical behavior and double standards.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:53
    Where was the “joke” in your post...is it funny to joke about someone getting beaten up in a pub fight...is that your joke?
    No, the joke was about you getting beat up in a pub fight. I was merely following along with romans' jesting in various posts.

You need to lighten up. Of course it wouldn't be funny if you really did get beat up in a pub. It wouldn't be funny at all, but it's funny when we're being lighthearted with each other here.

Have an axe to grind or something?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:55
    Not at all, I just think you were not being honest when you said you were going to start a thread with a post similar to the one in this thread.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:56
    I honestly can’t think of a single believer and frequent poster on this forum whom dive doesn’t attack on a regular basis.

Nor can I think of a single atheist and frequent poster whom dive does criticize - at all.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:57
    No, the joke was about you getting beat up in a pub fight. I was merely following along with romans' jesting in various posts.

You need to lighten up. Of course it wouldn't be funny if you really did get beat up in a pub. It wouldn't be funny at all, but it's funny when we're being lighthearted with each other here.

You’re a believer so dive has a problem and axe to grind with you on that basis alone.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:59
    Right in front of everybody just as Paul called out Peter for his dishonesty before the whole church in Antioch.

Just as Jesus gave scathing rebuke against the Pharisees in public.

Just like everywhere else in the real world.

If God be for us, who can stand against us?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:00
    Not at all, I just think you were not being honest when you said you were going to start a thread with a post similar to the one in this thread.
    Picking nits with believers on the basis of mere suspicions while ignoring blatantly abusive behavior and trolling from atheists.

Yeah, that’s dive’s MO.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:051 edit
    I honestly did concider starting the thread.

When I posted about that in reply to the OP I wasn't certain it would be relevant to the OP, which is why I said I hesitated to post it.

Do you think it was? Never heard back from FMF about it so I'm not so sure it is. But even if I did hear back from FMF I think he'd rake me over the coals about it one way or the other. 😕
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:06
    Right in front of everybody just as Paul called out Peter for his dishonesty before the whole church in Antioch.

I see you. Thanks for clarifying.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:07
    I honestly did concider starting the thread.

When I posted about that in reply to the OP I wasn't certain it would be relevant to the OP, which is why I said I hesitated to post it.

Do you think it was? Never heard back from FMF about it so I'm not so sure it is. But even if I did hear back from FMF I think he'd rake me over the coals about it one way or the other. 😕
    Well I guess that’s that then.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:08

So in your opinion, is Romans1009 correct to “call me out” as someone who is ashamed of Christ?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 11:11
    I see you. Thanks for clarifying.
    Integrity, honesty and principle are hallmarks of taking a stand for the Truth.

Taking a stand for the faith requires them. Otherwise one is a hypocrite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree