1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 00:28
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    They are indeed.
    Originally posted by @js357
    Online, relative anonymity and physical safety are also differences from the pub.

They are indeed.

Got beat up at the pub again?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 01:34
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Originally posted by @js357
    Online, relative anonymity and physical safety are also differences from the pub.

They are indeed.

We tried to enroll tiger in a self-defense course, explaining that just ‘cause he’s a third-grader doesn’t mean everyone at the pub will view his antics as those of an adorable scamp.

But a potential karate instructor explained that the effectiveness of his teaching and methods would be useless if tiger were plastered and he’d have to give up drinking ale.

Needless to say, that was a non-starter with tiger.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 08:04
    Then what is it?
    It’s you making stuff up about what you intended to do when in fact you hadn’t even thought of it. It’s trivial I know, but I sense that your lying about it. JS did too, but was politer and less blunt than I was.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 08:06
    Are you saying this because inside you wish this would happen?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 08:07
    It’s you making stuff up about what you intended to do when in fact you hadn’t even thought of it. It’s trivial I know, but I sense that your lying about it. JS did too, but was politer and less blunt than I was.
    Sounds like you’re trying to pick a fight, tiger.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 08:081 edit
    It wouldn’t happen if you drank soda at the pub and took that self defense class from Mr. Miyagi, tiger.

And your head wouldn’t be a throbbing cotton ball every morning.

Edit: It’s hard to do Mr. Miyagi’s crane maneuver when you keep losing your balance, tiger.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 09:28
    I don't lie. Whatever sense it is you think you have that tells you I made 'stuff' up is lying to you.

You can believe whatever you want, but God knows I'm telling the truth. My conscience is clear.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 09:29
    It was a joke. What's eating at you?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 09:32
    It’s interesting that the only posters dive picks fights with are Christians. And yet he self identifies as a Christian.

Lot of self loathing going on there, I think. It’s not just that dive’s ashamed to be a Christian; I think he’s ashamed of himself as well.

Cut yourself some slack, dive.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 May '18 09:52
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    It’s interesting that the only posters dive picks fights with are Christians. And yet he self identifies as a Christian.

Lot of self loathing going on there, I think. It’s not just that dive’s ashamed to be a Christian; I think he’s ashamed of himself as well.

Cut yourself some slack, dive.
    If dive is ashamed of himself, then he should fit right in with the rest of us Christians. After all, compared to Jesus Christ we're all just sinners saved by grace.

Dive recently said he hadn't been to church in twenty years. What dive needs, I think, is a teaching pastor. A good one. I have at least a dozen, but one in particular I concider my own.

Jesus gave the church certain gifts we should take advantage of. Every member of God's church should have a Bible believing pastor teacher.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 09:59
    If dive is ashamed of himself, then he should fit right in with the rest of us Christians. After all, compared to Jesus Christ we're all just sinners saved by grace.

Dive recently said he hadn't been to church in twenty years. What dive needs, I think, is a teaching pastor. A good one. I have at least a dozen, but one in particular I concider my own.
    ...[text shortened]... ld take advantage of. Every member of God's church should have a Bible believing pastor teacher.
    <<If dive is ashamed of himself, then he should fit right in with the rest of us Christians. After all, compared to Jesus Christ we're all just sinners saved by grace.>>

I think there’s a difference between humility and being ashamed. Certainly all who are in Christ are (or should be) humble, but ashamed? I don’t agree. We should be proud to be Christians.

One of the first sayings I came across as a Christian (can’t remember where I saw it,) was, “You are of infinite worth because you belong to Christ.”
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:151 edit
    It was a joke. What's eating at you?
    Where was the “joke” in your post...is it funny to joke about someone getting beaten up in a pub fight...is that your joke?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:17

...[text shortened]... ld take advantage of. Every member of God's church should have a Bible believing pastor teacher.
    I’m not ashamed of myself nor the name and identity of Jesus Christ, furthermore I would never, under any circumstances whatsoever, accuse someone else of being ashamed of Christ.

Some people in this forum need to be able to see the real issues in play here; integrity, honesty and principle.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:22
    I’m not ashamed of myself nor the name and identity of Jesus Christ, furthermore I would never, under any circumstances whatsoever, accuse someone else of being ashamed of Christ.

Some people in this forum need to be able to see the real issues in play here; integrity, honesty and principle.
    Then why are Christians the only posters you attack and have beefs with? And yet you don’t have any beefs with atheists and Christ deniers.

Stop kidding yourself.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 10:251 edit

<<Some people in this forum need to be able to see the real issues in play here; integrity, honesty and principle.>>

So I’m guessing, in your view, all of the Christian posters in here are lacking in those attributes while all the atheists and Christ deniers get high marks?

You’re fooling no one.

You have beefs with Becker, suzianne, sonship, me and you even picked a fight with a returning user who identified as a Christian, accusing him of lying and being an “uninteresting dick.”

But you have no problems with FMF’s constant trolling, Ghost’s deceitfulness, rajk’s hate spewing and on and on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree