1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '08 22:30
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    You never really understood the subtle but important difference between a self loving state of mind and a self centred state of mind did you?

Has it not occurred to you yet that healthy self love and self worth (as opposed to arrogance) are the keys to emotional health and only emotionally healthy people can love others properly because they know h ...[text shortened]... ll around you. Have a good look and tell me I am wrong.

You have eyes but you do not see.
    You never understood the difference between self-delusion and truth.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 02:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    OK, let's talk a little about your doubts about a genetic component to homosexuality. If it were ever discovered, would that change some of your feelings about it?

It is also interesting that Paul talks about us being born into sin. That sounds like first century genetics.
    Even if a genetic component was discovered that predisposed a person to be "gay", which seems odd to me since genetics is about physiological traits as opposed to moral choices, that would still not change what the Bible has to say about it being a sin.

Being born into sin or with a sin nature is exactly what predisposes us to rebel against the law of God. I don't think sin is caused by genetics.

Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

When do we decide what is right or wrong? Do we trust our own abilities to reason about everything? Is there not a God who loves us and wants and knows what is best for us? Would He not tell us in plain English, or Hebrew, or Greek, or Spanish, or whatever?
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 03:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    Even if a genetic component was discovered that predisposed a person to be "gay", which seems odd to me since genetics is about physiological traits as opposed to moral choices, that would still not change what the Bible has to say about it being a sin.

Being born into sin or with a sin nature is exactly what predisposes us to rebel against the law of God. I don't think sin is caused by genetics.
    You are being disingenuous. The urge for sexuality is the most primal of biologically induced
    characteristics. The expression of that sexuality (to whom a person feels most sexually attracted)
    is, too, primal. It's not about 'moral choices.'

Nemesio
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 11:52
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You never understood the difference between self-delusion and truth.
    So you admit that being self loving does not neccessarily equate to self centredness? That compassion for oneself results in compassion for others also? That self hate leads to a harshness towards others?

Do you not see that until one has gained peace with one's very own self then no external peace can be possible?

Do you see this?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 12:04
    So you admit that being self loving does not neccessarily equate to self centredness? That compassion for oneself results in compassion for others also? That self hate leads to a harshness towards others?

Do you not see that until one has gained peace with one's very own self then no external peace can be possible?

Do you see this?
    What I'm saying is that you never understood the difference between self-delusion and truth.

Like usual, you see what you want to see. It's the only way to keep KMs belief system together.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 12:25
    Be honest now, do you like women just because the Bible tells you to?

When do we decide what is right or wrong? Do we trust our own abilities to reason about everything? Is there not a God who loves us and wants and knows what is best for us? Would He not tell us in plain English, or Hebrew, or Greek, or Spanish, or whatever?
    I think he would. One my key proofs of the non-existence of God.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 12:41

Being born into sin or with a sin nature is exactly what predisposes us to rebel against the law of God ...[text shortened]... for us? Would He not tell us in plain English, or Hebrew, or Greek, or Spanish, or whatever?
    Well of course we trust our abilities to reason about things. Do you think God wants us to check our brains at the church door? Nothing wrong with critical thinking. And if critical thinking leads us to inconsistencies in the Good Book, so be it. It's not the end of the Christian world as you know it.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 15:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 15:21
    What I'm saying is that you never understood the difference between self-delusion and truth.

Like usual, you see what you want to see. It's the only way to keep KMs belief system together.
    But surely "whether any one individual" is delusional or not has "no bearing on the truth" ? Let's say that you are right and I am a complete liar and self delusional. By your own logic it should have "no bearing " on the truth.

So I ask again , does self love and compassion for oneself neccessarily equate to self centredness? If you answer "no" then what do you think I will do ? Jump up and go "naah naah nan naah naah , told you so !!" ????

Go on , answer the question and break the habit of a lifetime. Say "no" because you know it's the truth .
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 15:34
    But surely "whether any one individual" is delusional or not has "no bearing on the truth" ? Let's say that you are right and I am a complete liar and self delusional. By your own logic it should have "no bearing " on the truth.

So I ask again , does self love and compassion for oneself neccessarily equate to self centredness? If you answer "no" ...[text shortened]... tion and break the habit of a lifetime. Say "no" because you know it's the truth .

11. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 16:06

Why did you bother going on these forums in the first place ? Did you think that no-one would challenge you or ask you questions? If you weren't prepared to be challenged or answer questions or debate then what was the point? (and don't pretend it's because I am a "liar" - because you do the same thing to Ephin, Joseph, cpbrown et al)

Maybe you should have taken up flower arranging instead (but then you would probably have complained there was too much pollen about !!LOL)
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 16:17
    Why did you bother going on these forums in the first place ? Did you think that no-one would challenge you or ask you questions? If you weren't prepared to be challenged or answer questions or debate then what was the point? (and don't pretend it's because I am a "liar" - because you do the same thing to Ephin, Joseph, cpbrown et al)

Maybe you sho ...[text shortened]... nstead (but then you would probably have complained there was too much pollen about !!LOL)

13. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 16:38

Maybe you should have taken up flower arranging instead (but then you would probably have complained there was too much pollen about !!LOL)
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 16:41

Maybe you sho ...[text shortened]... instead (but then you would probably have complained there was too much pollen about !!LOL)

15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 17:06

Not playing.

I could try to comment on your belief system but since you clench your cards so tightly under the table no-one will ever find out what it is will they?

I'll leave you now. Go off and find yourself a little yes-man who agrees with everything you say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree