Opinion on Homosexuality

Opinion on Homosexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What does 'the majority', 'the Middle East' and 'more abuse' have to do with the topic?

The fact remains that there are many Christians that exhibit hatred and a bigotted attitude towards homosexuals. Take whodey for example, who stated that he would be willing to ostracize homosexuals from his church while casting a blind eye towards pride, gluttony, as well as the general population. Likely this denial is a symptom of your own bigotry.
"Likely this denial is a symptom of your own bigotry."

I never said homosexuals don't suffer abuse. I said that the abuse they suffer cannot be compared with the hatred, bigotry, and prejudice suffered by many more others throughout history in every place. And I also said that they, the homosexuals, are more abusive amongst themselves than what they receive from others. But you won't find that information coming from a biased media.

It's not funny how some like to judge all Christians as bigots because of those who call themselves Christians who do unspeakable evil. Consider the south. There they are sitting in the pews on Sunday and then out lynching on Monday. I have met and talked to people who have personally witnessed the cold blooded murder of people because they were on the wrong side of the tracks. Nobody was brought to justice. The Bible calls the era we live in "this present evil age", and without a doubt it's true.

Again, the abuse the homosexual is receiving is slight by comparison to the overwhelming hatred and bigotry and prejudice suffered by billions more all over the globe. It's a simple truth I can't see anyone who is even remotely aware of history can possibly deny. And to suggest, as some do, that Christian are some how responsible for the carnage is mind boggling. And to confuse the visible institutions of organised Christianity with the true believers is a mistake. Christians, that is, true believers, have always been a small minority in every age and place.

I heard recently that of the nearly 80% of Americans that call themselves Christian believe in UFO's. Most people sitting in church on Sunday don't even read the Bible. Go figure! :'(

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mexico
Just to make a point, this is patently untrue, and shows an extreme lack of experience in dealing with homosexuals. It's not a choice, and thus cannot be restricted to a "privileged class". I'm currently in florida, and the people I know here are open minded relaxed people from a small town. Thus I've come across a large number of homosexuals in the last 2 we ...[text shortened]... ere I'm from it can be a difficult path to tell you friends and family that your gay.
It has never been proven that there is a genetic component to one being "gay".

And you're wrong about the money. Perhaps you only know the poor ones. 😉

T

Moves
01 Apr 08
3 edits

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Likely this denial is a symptom of your own bigotry."

I never said homosexuals don't suffer abuse. I said that the abuse they suffer cannot be compared with the hatred, bigotry, and prejudice suffered by many more others throughout history in every place. And I also said that they, the homosexuals, are more abusive amongst themselves than what the Most people sitting in church on Sunday don't even read the Bible. Go figure! :'([/b]
Your attitude towards this topic betrays your bigotry.

Do you really think that the following are at all germaine to what was proposed in the article:
"I said that the abuse they suffer cannot be compared with the hatred, bigotry, and prejudice suffered by many more others throughout history in every place."

"And I also said that they, the homosexuals, are more abusive amongst themselves than what they receive from others. But you won't find that information coming from a biased media.
" (What can you possibly mean by this?)

What's the point? I can cut and paste pretty much your entire post.

You appear to be looking pretty hard for reasons to find fault with the position of the article. Most if not all of these points are completely irrelevant to the points made in the article.

You combine the above with other statements you've made such as "In America the homosexual is part of a privileged class of influential people who want their way" and the picture is clear: bigot

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Apr 08

It seems you've read way too much into my post.

My post was in response to an article about the un-Christian attitudes exhibited by so many self-proclaimed "Christians". The cause of the hate is because they don't follow the teachings of Jesus. Instead they follow the desires of the self. I didn't address non-Christian haters of homosexuals simply beca ...[text shortened]... ous. Especially since it is unclear if committed homosexual relationships are addressed.
Which was what I saw in your post, you went after Christians, it was
a matter of Christians hating in your post, artical or not. It is a human
condition and your post was just about Christians and that was how I
read it.
Kelly

T

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
Which was what I saw in your post, you went after Christians, it was
a matter of Christians hating in your post, artical or not. It is a human
condition and your post was just about Christians and that was how I
read it.
Kelly
I'm not sure what your post means, but I'm guessing you are having a problem understanding the concept of context.

Are you OK? Of late many of your posts seem to be incoherent. I don't remember that being the case before.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 08

I never said homosexuals don't suffer abuse. I said that the abuse they suffer cannot be compared with the hatred, bigotry, and prejudice suffered by many more others throughout history in every place. And I also said that they, the homosexuals, are more abusive amongst themselves than what they receive from others. But you won't find that information coming from a biased media.
Where do you get the information then? How many homosexuals do you know?
Are you admitting that all your posts on homosexuals in this thread are based solely on your personal experience with the homosexuals you have personally met?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 08

It has never been proven that there is a genetic component to one being "gay".
Or rather you have not accepted the scientific evidence. But then you don't accept any science that goes against your beliefs do you?

And you're wrong about the money. Perhaps you only know the poor ones. 😉
But you claimed there were no poor ones. You have just admitted to being a bigoted liar.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
That is deceptive, Josephw never said that he found the idea homosexuals experience abuse laughable - he said he found the idea that homosexuals experience more abuse than others to be laughable.
I was not deceptive. I also used the word 'abnormal'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
I was not deceptive. I also used the word 'abnormal'.
Josephw said: The idea that homosexuals suffer more abuse than others is laughable.

You said: 2. (Josephw) finds the idea that homosexuals experience an abnormal amount of abuse laughable.

Simple question: are those two statements semantically equivalent?

F

Moves
01 Apr 08

To commit a homosexual act is in some countries still a criminal act, even some with death penalty.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
Josephw said: The idea that homosexuals suffer more abuse than others is laughable.

You said: 2. (Josephw) finds the idea that homosexuals experience an abnormal amount of abuse laughable.

Simple question: are those two statements semantically equivalent?
They look the same to me.
Certainly, neither is anything close to your version:
Josephw never said that he found the idea homosexuals experience abuse laughable

s

England

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
That article must have sounded pretty crazy to you.
been busy...... but yes it did>

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 08

Your attitude towards this topic betrays your bigotry.

Do you really think that the following are at all germaine to what was proposed in the article:
"I said that the abuse they suffer cannot be compared with the hatred, bigotry, and prejudice suffered by many more others throughout history in every place."

"And I also said that they, the homosex ...[text shortened]... vileged class of influential people who want their way" and the picture is clear: bigot
Mt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Remember the words of Jesus? You know, the ones you cliam to follow?

Mt 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

Lu 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.

Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 08
3 edits

Mt 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

Lu 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that ...[text shortened]... tes, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Am I reading that wrong? It doesn't say: "do not judge others". It says "only judge others after you have made sure that you are correct yourself".

You on the other hand are implying that one cannot actually ever get the beam out of your own eye even though Jesus clearly suggests that you do so.

Odd too that your defense for your crime of judging homosexuals is that you should not be judged by others.

T

Moves
01 Apr 08

Lu 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote ...[text shortened]... tes, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
As twhitehead correctly points out, the passages that you cite are about hypocrisy. You really should learn how to understand what is actually written instead of trying to contort what is written to support your own preconceived beliefs.

This is also an interesting statement by you:
"Remember the words of Jesus? You know, the ones you cliam to follow?"

What do you think can be gleaned from it?