Opinion on Homosexuality

Opinion on Homosexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Bravo.

The hatred and bigotry exhibited by "Christians" toward homosexuality "because it's a sin" is alarming. Yet these same individuals, when questioned, will almost invariably admit that they have yet to overcome sin themselves and that they readily accept others that have yet to do so. The hypocrisy is clear.

On top of that I have to say that ...[text shortened]... mitted homosexual relationships are even addressed in the Bible, no less deemed a "sin".
(Now before I go any further I will say that I do not subscribe to the belief that homosexuality excludes one from heaven (or the views of this website) or that it can be considered a sin in the classical sense. Basically I think the Bible is wrong on this one but a clear case could be made scripturally (if one wanted to and I do not) for homosexuality being a sin.)

http://www.allaboutgod.com/is-homosexuality-a-sin.htm

Now ToO , the people you are calling hypocrites at least had the honesty to own up to not having overcome sin. You however refuse to say. So here you are sniping at those who admit their sinfulness whilst not having the guts to own up yourself. The stance they take as I understand it is that they object on the grounds that homosexuality is (to them and not me) and unconfessed sin continued in unrepentently . I think this is their main problem with it.

I will agree that there is bigotry and ignorance around the church but we cannot pretend that a scriptural case can't be made for homosexuality being a sin. Me? I think there are far more important issues to be addressed and I don't have a problem with it.

However , to see you ranting on about hypocrisy in others when you are always criticising christians for not having overcome sin seems rich. Unless you can say whether you have overcome sin yourself I don't think you have the right to criticise others who at least have the decency to come clean. You use scripture to back up your distorted "works not grace" counterfeit Jesus , they use scripture to back up their distorted bigotry against homosexuals. To me you are no better than them , so it makes me laugh to see you calling them hypocrites.

The hypocrisy is clear.

T

Moves
01 Apr 08
3 edits

Originally posted by knightmeister
(Now before I go any further I will say that I do not subscribe to the belief that homosexuality excludes one from heaven (or the views of this website) or that it can be considered a sin in the classical sense. Basically I think the Bible is wrong on this one but a clear case could be made scripturally (if one wanted to and I do not) for homosexuality m , so it makes me laugh to see you calling them hypocrites.

The hypocrisy is clear.
The thing that becomes clearer and clearer is that you lack the cognitive abilities to discuss anything in a coherent manner.

You continually make assumptions and draw conclusions when there is no basis to do so. It's not even worth trying to correct you anymore. You're so lost in your distortions and lies that you've lost touch with reality.

Any chance that you'll stop following me around like a schoolgirl hounding a classmate who doesn't dress the same?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Apr 08

I'm not sure what your post means, but I'm guessing you are having a problem understanding the concept of context.

Are you OK? Of late many of your posts seem to be incoherent. I don't remember that being the case before.
I understand content, and yours, that is the one you wrote was about
how Christians, which was how you limited the point of your post,
hated. What you were writting about may have been about just that;
however, that does not make limiting Christian 'hate' the only kind
there is when it is being directed at homosexuals, correct!?
Kelly

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
01 Apr 08

The thing that becomes clearer and clearer is that you lack the cognitive abilities to discuss anything in a coherent manner.

You continually make assumptions and draw conclusions when there is no basis to do so. It's not even worth trying to correct you anymore. You're so lost in your distortions and lies that you've lost touch with reality.

Any c ...[text shortened]... stop following me around like a schoolgirl hounding a classmate who doesn't dress the same?
However , the thing that is the clearest is your inability (or unwillingness) to engage in any challenge to your position. Instead of addressing the point , answering a question or engaging with the challenge you just call me a schoolgirl. This is all very interesting but has little to do with hypocrisy , scripture or homosexuality.

Any chance of a response with any substance?

T

Moves
01 Apr 08

However , the thing that is the clearest is your inability (or unwillingness) to engage in any challenge to your position. Instead of addressing the point , answering a question or engaging with the challenge you just call me a schoolgirl. This is all very interesting but has little to do with hypocrisy , scripture or homosexuality.

Any chance of a response with any substance?
What part of "it's useless to try to engage in a meaningful discussion with you because you have shown yourself to be incapable of doing so" don't you understand?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 08

As twhitehead correctly points out, the passages that you cite are about hypocrisy. You really should learn how to understand what is actually written instead of trying to contort what is written to support your own preconceived beliefs.

This is also an interesting statement by you:
"Remember the words of Jesus? You know, the ones you cliam to follow?"

What do you think can be gleaned from it?
That's simple. You're an impostor.

You side with an avowed atheist as to the meaning of a simple verse of scripture. Neither you or twhitehead can comprehend your blatant hypocrisy.

T

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
I understand content, and yours, that is the one you wrote was about
how Christians, which was how you limited the point of your post,
hated. What you were writting about may have been about just that;
however, that does not make limiting Christian 'hate' the only kind
there is when it is being directed at homosexuals, correct!?
Kelly
I'm still not sure what you're saying here, but as I said earlier "I didn't address non-Christian haters of homosexuals simply because it wasn't the topic of this thread."

If that doesn't address the point of your post, can you rephrase your point in a more direct manner?

T

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by josephw
That's simple. You're an impostor.

You side with an avowed atheist as to the meaning of a simple verse of scripture. Neither you or twhitehead can comprehend your blatant hypocrisy.
Whether or not twhitehead is an atheist has nothing to do with his reading comprehension skills. He got it right.

Perhaps this'll help you to understand:
http://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

If you need this explained further, I'll be glad to help you through it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 08

kirksey, I was hoping to hear more from you. Why haven't you been more involved in this debate?
I miss reading your posts these days. 🙂

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
01 Apr 08

It has never been proven that there is a genetic component to one being "gay".

And you're wrong about the money. Perhaps you only know the poor ones. 😉
It's been shown there are certain genetic traits associated with homosexuality. However what they cant provide is a test (hair blood and such) which will distinguish a gay person from a straight person. Thus it has been shown but never proven.

On the money point, don't be ignorant please, unless my home and here in florida, as well as several other places I've been are completely different from the rest of the world then your simply wrong on this point. Answer me this in all honesty. How much interaction have you actually had with the gay community at large? And if as I suspect your information comes from reading, what are your sources for this "Influential, rich gay community that are taking over"?.

Also you never addressed my point about people often being unable to choose not to be gay....

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Apr 08

kirksey, I was hoping to hear more from you. Why haven't you been more involved in this debate?
I miss reading your posts these days. 🙂
OK, let's talk a little about your doubts about a genetic component to homosexuality. If it were ever discovered, would that change some of your feelings about it?

It is also interesting that Paul talks about us being born into sin. That sounds like first century genetics.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
01 Apr 08

What part of "it's useless to try to engage in a meaningful discussion with you because you have shown yourself to be incapable of doing so" don't you understand?
.......All of it.

I think you know I am quite capable of meaningful discussion but for you it's only meaningful if I agree with what you say all the time.

I respected you enough to tell you the truth rather than play nicey , nicey games but all you want is cosy discussions rather than the cut and thrust of truth. You come across as both incredibly rigid, brittle and ridiculously naive. My guess is you surround yourself with yes men and have little time for anyone who disagrees with you. You just can't take it.

P

weedhopper

Moves
01 Apr 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Thanky you, twhitehead, for your serious answer. I appreciate this.

That means that we cannot ever trust in every word of the bible. We can interpret them as we want, depending of culture, time, status and more. What is written in stone for one person can be discarded by another.

Back to homosexuality:
In the bible we can read that homosexuality i ...[text shortened]... o be now. Jesus told of love to everyone, then we must include homosexuals. Have I got it right?
of course we as Christians love everyone. But we don't love the sin.

T

Moves
01 Apr 08

.......All of it.

I think you know I am quite capable of meaningful discussion but for you it's only meaningful if I agree with what you say all the time.

I respected you enough to tell you the truth rather than play nicey , nicey games but all you want is cosy discussions rather than the cut and thrust of truth. You come across as both incredi ...[text shortened]... f with yes men and have little time for anyone who disagrees with you. You just can't take it.
If only you had a clue as to truth. At least then, I'd have something to work with. Instead what's important to you is that you feel good about yourself. You're about as self-centered as they come. It's how you live your life. It's how you chose your god.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
01 Apr 08

If only you had a clue as to truth. At least then, I'd have something to work with. Instead what's important to you is that you feel good about yourself. You're about as self-centered as they come. It's how you live your life. It's how you chose your god.
You never really understood the subtle but important difference between a self loving state of mind and a self centred state of mind did you?

Has it not occurred to you yet that healthy self love and self worth (as opposed to arrogance) are the keys to emotional health and only emotionally healthy people can love others properly because they know how to love themselves first.

If you think that any human being can love others without learning to love themselves you are truely deluded. Self hating individuals are not full of compassion ---look around you if you don't believe me. Find someone who is truely caring towards themselves and you will find someone who is much more likely to show others compassion also. The evidence is all around you. Have a good look and tell me I am wrong.

You have eyes but you do not see.