Opposition to Truth

Opposition to Truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
For effective communication to occur both sender and receiver of the content of the message have a responsibility: sender to encode the words with clarity and receiver to decode them with objectivity. Both must have a shared frame of reference.
Well either effective communication has just failed once again, or you you intended that to come across as rude (because that is how it was received).

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Apr 14

To: twhitehead and googlefudge

The Bad News: You've both determined that my scrawl is unintelligible. The Good News: It apparently doesn't matter much since I have nothing to say worthy of your eyes or ears. Imagine the grief there would be if Grampy Bobby was an atheist?

Footnote: I take no pleasure at all in having made and communicated these observations; there's so very much at stake.

Moves
30 Apr 14

To: twhitehead and googlefudge

The Bad News: You've both determined that my scrawl is unintelligible. The Good News: It apparently doesn't matter much since I have nothing to say worthy of your eyes or ears. Imagine the grief there would be if Grampy Bobby was an atheist?

Footnote: I take no pleasure at all in having made and communicated these observations; there's so very much at stake.
Well given that it is entirely within your power to change how you communicate to
make yourself better understood, I am entirely unimpressed by your claim that you
take no pleasure in being obtuse and unintelligible and that you feel that there is
so much at stake.

As an example in the thread "An Inductive Argument from Evil" there are a number of
posters on both sides going to considerable lengths to phrase and re-phrase their
arguments so that the other side might understand them. Trying different ways of
exploring the same idea to see which [if any] will click.

You on the other hand do exactly the same thing day in day out without even attempting
to be intelligible.

This leads to the inevitable impression that you do not in fact care whether anyone
understands your posts and that you in fact are simply trolling the forums.

If this isn't the case then it is incumbent on you to do something about it.

Until you do I/we will remain utterly unimpressed with any protestations you make
that you care, or listen to us.

Actions speak louder than words... I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
Well given that it is entirely within your power to change how you communicate to
make yourself better understood, I am entirely unimpressed by your claim that you
take no pleasure in being obtuse and unintelligible and that you feel that there is
so much at stake.

As an example in the thread "An Inductive Argument from Evil" there are a number ...[text shortened]... you care, or listen to us.

Actions speak louder than words... I'm sure I read that somewhere.
googlefudge, do you have a question?

Moves
10 Jun 14

googlefudge, do you have a question?
Stop dredging up your own threads when they have died, it's bad forum etiquette.
Called thread necromancy.
It's bad because it interferes with people trying to follow current threads.

If you actually engaged in an honest and reasonable manner then you would get
better responses and threads might stay on topic because the discussion and
topic are interesting. You will never keep them on topic simply by reposting
the OP into the middle of other peoples discussions because they gave up
trying to talk to you because your posts are unintelligible, cut and paste fests,
or just ignore everything anyone else has said.

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
Stop dredging up your own threads when they have died, it's bad forum etiquette.
Called thread necromancy.
It's bad because it interferes with people trying to follow current threads.

If you actually engaged in an honest and reasonable manner then you would get
better responses and threads might stay on topic because the discussion and
topic ar ...[text shortened]... posts are unintelligible, cut and paste fests,
or just ignore everything anyone else has said.
its like the 'walking thread' out here tonight. aim for the head, dont get bitten.

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
its like the 'walking thread' out here tonight. aim for the head, dont get bitten.
Lol. That made me laugh... Although, surely that should be, "aim for the OP, don't get trolled"?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Jun 14

Thank you. Do you have an opinion or position on what took place between Genesis Chapter One verses 1 and 2?
The gap theory!

Each verse is a snapshot. There's no reason not to imagine that verse one gives us a picture of perfection. Verse two shows us that something happened to cause the earth to be "without form and void".

I believe it was the initial rebellion that was the cause of the destruction of God's original creation. Of course, that assumes that the angels were already present when God created space, matter and time.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Jun 14

Originally posted by josephw

Of course, that assumes that the angels were already
present when God created space, matter and time.
The angels must have been awfully cramped with no space,
no matter
; they had no time to complain.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
The angels must have been awfully cramped with [b]no space,
no matter
; they had no time to complain.[/b]
Hilarious!

That's why whenever I'm asked how many angels can dance on the head of a pin I always say 'all of them.' 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jun 14
3 edits

Originally posted by wolfgang59
The angels must have been awfully cramped with [b]no space,
no matter
; they had no time to complain.[/b]
God and the angels are spirit beings and do not need the physical universe to exist because they exist in the spiritual Heaven were God's throne and His paradise is located. The angels were watching and shouted for joy as God created the physical heavens and the earth.

God Questions Job about his knowledge of the creation when the sons of God shouted for joy in the following verses:

Now prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

(Job 38:2-7 NKJV)

The morning stars is another name given to all the Archangels, the leaders of the angels. Sons of God also refers to angels.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jun 14
1 edit

Thank you. Do you have an opinion or position on what took place between Genesis Chapter One verses 1 and 2?
You don't take his nonsense seriously do you? Neandertals were simply humans with RICKETS?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
13 Jun 14

Originally posted by josephw
Hilarious!

That's why whenever I'm asked how many angels can dance on the head of a pin I always say 'all of them.' 🙂
There is a definitive answer to this, this is copy and pasted from the Wikipedia page entitled "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin":
In the humoristic magazine Annals of Improbable Research, Anders Sandberg has presented a calculation based on theories of information physics and quantum gravity, establishing an upper bound of 8.6766×10^49 angels.

PDI

Moves
13 Jun 14
2 edits

Opposition to Truth

Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas.
This link will interest some of those who are active in this thread.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117071/elaine-ecklund-says-science-religion-are-compatible-why-theyre-not

PDI

Moves
13 Jun 14

I wish that fans of Oprah Winfrey and fans of televangelists would spend four minutes watching this, with James Randi--

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/the-amazing-randi-takes-down-oprah--dr-oz/5351862778c90a6ea6000523?cn=tbla