OT vs NT concerning Homosexuality

OT vs NT concerning Homosexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
30 Aug 21

@rajk999 said
Actually no, it avoids wasting time answering stupid questions .. the kind you are famous for. When you state your case, then I know where you are coming from, and then I can properly reply. Got it?
I remember a post of yours a while back but a guy you thought was living by Jesus' instructions, but was sexually immoral. He would party and was not the religious type but was a good person in your eyes.

Now you say something other about sexual immorality.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
30 Aug 21
3 edits

@medullah said
@KingDavid403

It's quite apparent that you are throwing haymakers and missing.

You have two other sources that make it clear that although the passage appear in a lot of manuscripts that it doesn't appear in the early ones.

There you go, nice, punchy, and to the point. That is my basis for questioning that scriptures authenticity. - it's a late addition.
You have two other sources that make it clear that although the passage appear in a lot of manuscripts that it doesn't appear in the early ones.
It does appear in some of the early manuscripts; and, it appears in all 900+ manuscripts besides three. it was also authenticated by the early church fathers in the late first century; long before the Bible we have today was put together.
That is my basis for questioning that scriptures authenticity. - it's a late addition.
As I said before, you can have your opinion on these scriptures, and I can have mine. However, when you teach and preach that some of the Bible is fake and false without proof, you better be careful. That could be considered as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit; and, it certainly opens up a whole can of worms for newer Christians.
it's a late addition.
The Book of Revelation is a later addition; also written by John.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2009/12/revelations-on-revelation/
"Revelation, the final book in the New Testament, was “squeezed into the canon in the fourth century,” said Pagels, and barely made it into the 27-book lineup. Over the centuries, it continued to draw the ire of critics, from theologian Martin Luther to author D.H. Lawrence. To this day, Eastern Orthodox Christian sects decline to use Revelation in public worship."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Aug 21

@eladar said
I remember a post of yours a while back but a guy you thought was living by Jesus' instructions, but was sexually immoral. He would party and was not the religious type but was a good person in your eyes.

Now you say something other about sexual immorality.
Your question earlier made no sense, and now your comment here makes no sense. Learn to write clearly. Learn to spell. Learn some English Grammar. Take some communication classes. When you ready to communicate clearly then maybe I will respond. Right now .. you aint ready.

E

Moves
30 Aug 21

@rajk999 said
Your question earlier made no sense, and now your comment here makes no sense. Learn to write clearly. Learn to spell. Learn some English Grammar. Take some communication classes. When you ready to communicate clearly then maybe I will respond. Right now .. you aint ready.
That is ok, evading to protect your hypocrisy is fine.

Moves
30 Aug 21

The Light of Christ transcends the scriptures of Earth.

Moves
30 Aug 21

All this combative legalism indicates a preference for false idols.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
30 Aug 21
2 edits

@kingdavid403 said
It does appear in some of the early manuscripts; and, it appears in all 900+ manuscripts besides three. it was also authenticated by the early church fathers in the late first century; long before the Bible we have today ...[text shortened]... awrence. To this day, Eastern Orthodox Christian sects decline to use Revelation in public worship."
The book of Revelation is often quoted as being was written in 96, with some sources quoting 69. However you want to date it, it was written while John was in prison on the Isle of Patmos, and actually predates the Gospel of John which was written afterwards.

Sadly the bible has been screwed around with and altered over the centuries, the passage that we are debating being one example. The greatest crime (shall we use the word "blasphemy?" ) is the way that the name of God (Tetragramaton YHWH) has been systemtically removed from his own book. Even now the one place that you could once guaruntee to find it (Psalm 83:18) has been replaced by the luke warm title "The Lord", which confuses The Father with the title given to The Son. Of course by doing that it plays into the hands of those that would try to persuade us the Jesus and God are the same person, which of course they aren't.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
30 Aug 21
4 edits

@medullah said
The book of Revelation is often quoted as being was written in 96, with some sources quoting 69. However you want to date it, it was written while John was in prison on the Isle of Patmos, and actually predates the Gospel of John which was written afterwards.

Sadly the bible has been screwed around with and altered over the centuries, the amendment that we are deabating b ...[text shortened]... that would try to
persuade us the Jesus and God are the same person, which of course they aren't.
those that would try to
persuade us the Jesus and God are the same person, which of course they are not.

Their belief sounds understandable to me with scriptures as this:
New International Version
John 14:8-21
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.
Also, Let's not forget all the times the Bible says: "God is One."
No one is perfect except God.

written while John was in prison on the Isle of Patmos

John was not in prison at Patmos, he was exiled to the island of Patmos with several others; most likely because John was a Roman Citizen. Kinda like Australia was at one time.
John was exiled in 94 AD. They say The Gospel of John was written somewhere between AD 90–110. The book of Revelation in 96 AD. They were both written around the same time.

https://drivethruhistoryadventures.com/john-exiled-to-patmos/
"During the Roman period, Patmos was known as part of the Sporades islands, a group of remote islands used for exiling (banishing) people that were somehow considered threats to the Roman Empire. While some of the islands were simple prison colonies, Patmos had a bit more going on, including a harbor, a town, a gymnasium, and a temple to Artemis on the acropolis (para 1)."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21
6 edits

@medullah

Sadly the bible has been screwed around with and altered over the centuries, the passage that we are debating being one example. The greatest crime (shall we use the word "blasphemy?" ) is the way that the name of God (Tetragramaton YHWH) has been systemtically removed from his own book. Even now the one place that you could once guaruntee to find it (Psalm 83:18) has been replaced by the luke warm title "The Lord", which confuses The Father with the title given to The Son. Of course by doing that it plays into the hands of those that would try to persuade us the Jesus and God are the same person, which of course they aren't.

I think you take some historical data and exaggerate with it to push a particular viewpoint overmuch.

There is no cause for panic that meaning is lost in translation to English from Hebrew with the name YHWH.

So you get a 1901 American Standard so Lord reads as Jehovah (basically the Tetragramaton YHWH) so you can pronounce something.

Or you get J.N. Darby's New Translation which accomplishes the same thing.

Or you get Rotherham's Emphasized Bible which inserts Yahweh where the Tetragramaton appears.

Or you get my preferred version The Recovery Version that uses Jehovah all throughout the OT where the YHWH is in the Hebrew.

Or you compliment your KJV with an Aramaic Bible in Plain English to read Jehovah.

Or you run with a Young's Literal Translation that uses Jehovah instead of "Lord" in the OT.

Or you get yourself a World English Bible that I think has the same policy.

Or you go with a Literal Standard Version or Smith's Literal or Pesh---ta Holy Bible Translated . There is no need to feel restricted to KJV.

( I had to be careful with the last sample because the site flagged it as an inappropriate post otherwise. )

Moves
30 Aug 21

Moves
30 Aug 21
2 edits

@sonship
My first attempt misfired and seemed to be a reply to Medullah when I meant to reply to your post, so I deleted that.

These all seem like weird doggie-treat diversions from actually relaxing into the Heart and Mind of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 21
2 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

These all seem like weird doggie-treat diversions from actually relaxing into the Heart and Mind of Christ.

Then you please show us how to relax into the heart and mind of the Lord Jesus Christ. I'll be watching for the far better example that you set.

Show us how to rest in Christ. I'm all ears.

E

Moves
30 Aug 21

@kevin-eleven said
@sonship
My first attempt misfired and seemed to be a reply to Medullah when I meant to reply to your post, so I deleted that.

Heart and mind of Christ? The guy who said things like...

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.The woman came and knelt before him Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 21

@eladar said
Heart and mind of Christ? The guy who said things like...

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.The woman came and knelt before him Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
Who are you trying to convince here?