1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '21 15:13
    @suzianne said
    Who are you trying to convince here?
    Convince? Nobody.

State the obvious? Everybody

You simply like to pretend that the Bible does not say what it does say.

You exist in la la land. Wake up and smell the coffee and burn your Bible, then move on to a God that fits your beliefs.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 16:15
    @eladar said
    Convince? Nobody.

State the obvious? Everybody

You simply like to pretend that the Bible does not say what it does say.

You exist in la la land. Wake up and smell the coffee and burn your Bible, then move on to a God that fits your beliefs.
    Oh, the irony.

Let me ask you this.

What is the purpose of the Lake of Fire?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 16:55
    @medullah

Of course by doing that it plays into the hands of those that would try to persuade us the Jesus and God are the same person, which of course they aren't.

How do you feel about those trying to persuade people that Jesus and the arch-angel Michael are the same person ?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 17:45
    @suzianne said
    Oh, the irony.

Let me ask you this.

What is the purpose of the Lake of Fire?
    You mean where the damned are sent? I suppose a place to dump most people after they die.
  5. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 16:16
    @sonship said

I think you take some historical data and exaggerate with it to push a particular viewpoint overmuch.
    No, I walk into a bookshop where few of those tomes than you have highlights are on display, pick up a bible and look at 83:18

We now (unless it has been reversed) have a "New KJ" version and the name of God has be removed from that too. Go check it out when you are next out shopping, and wander into a bookshop an see for yourself.
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 16:26
    @sonship said
    @medullah

Of course by doing that it plays into the hands of those that would try to persuade us the Jesus and God are the same person, which of course they aren't.

How do you feel about those trying to persuade people that Jesus and the arch-angel Michael are the same person ?
    Depends if they are nasty to me or not.

Otherwise it doesn't bother me; I have heard the theory, haven't researched it but am happy to listen to you if you have something to say. Is that what you are about to persuade me?

While we are out there in territory which is nothing to do with the main thread (I don't care if you don't); what are your thoughts on the Nephilim? (lets get into something interesting).
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 18:10
    @eladar said
    You mean where the damned are sent? I suppose a place to dump most people after they die.
    Pre-judgement? Really?

For someone who worships the Bible like you apparently do, you're remarkably unclear about it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 20:362 edits
    @medullah

Depends if they are nasty to me or not.

That's kind of subjective.
    Either the Bible teaches he is the arch-angel Michael or it doesn't.
    Can you base such a cardinal concept on whether or not they were nice or hurt your feelings?

Otherwise it doesn't bother me; I have heard the theory, haven't researched it but am happy to listen to you if you have something to say. Is that what you are about to persuade me?

No. Jesus Christ is God become a man.
    That is what I would tell you.

While we are out there in territory which is nothing to do with the main thread (I don't care if you don't); what are your thoughts on the Nephilim? (lets get into something interesting).

This is related to God becoming incarnated. The enemy of God always rushes ahead of God to attempt to usurp His purpose. By way pf counterfeit and twisted imitation Satan runs ahead of God to foil the divine will with a devilish counterfeit.

For example, when God told Moses and Aaron to perform the miraculous sign of having God turn a rod into a serpent, the magicians of Pharaoh did the same thing by their deep occult arts and dedication to Satan. Exodus 7:1-12.

Eventually the signs Moses performed far outstripped what the occult expert magicians of Egypt could do.

All I feel to say about the Nephilim right now is that they were a part of Satan trying top unite humanity with fallen angelic forces to oppose God, corrupt the world and ruin mankind for the purpose of God.

In the following passage the "sons of God" in this sense are bad angels. That is angelic beings who followed Daystar (Lucifer) in his rebellion and effort to usurp the throne of God.

Remember sons of God in this passage is not positive but negative.

"And when men began to multiply on the surface of the ground, and daughters were born to them. The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took wives for themselves from all whom they chose.

And Jehovah said, My Spirit will not strive with men forever, for he indeed is flesh; so his days will be one hundred twenty years.

The Nephilim
    [fallen ones] were on the earth in those days - and also afterwards - when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; these were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown." (Gen. 6:1-4)

The legendary mythological heroes and lustful adulterous "gods" of the Greek and Roman pantheons, I think, had some historical background in these Nephilim and the gigantic men of ancient antiquity. When you hear about some mythological characters of old there at times is some historical background to these so-called heroes.

I do not understand everything about this. But something similar is bound to occur in the last days before the second coming of Christ, either by deep occultism involvement or possibly genetic tampering of science.

To me it is not nearly as interesting as Jesus the Son of God our Lord and Savior.

The New Testament speaks of angels that went beyond to commit particularly heinous crimes for which they receive particular confinement. All the angels following Satan were bad. Some were particularly dangerous and disruptive to the will of God. These are those involved in producing the Nephilim and the giantism of antiquity.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 22:181 edit
    @suzianne said
    Pre-judgement? Really?

For someone who worships the Bible like you apparently do, you're remarkably unclear about it.
    Jesus was the one who said that most are on the road to destruction. Take the predestination thing up with Jesus.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 22:391 edit
    @medullah said
    Depends if they are nasty to me or not. Otherwise it doesn't bother me;
    You are correct. It is quite an irrelevant matter. Jesus preached to many thousands and thousands and they all listened, understood and some obeyed. Many had no clue who he really was.... but they felt in their heart that this man was preaching the right thing. It was all about good works, charitable brotherly love and righteousness living.

Those who obeyed will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, even though they had no clue who Jesus Christ really was.

They church hypocrites now all fighting over whether Jesus is God, etc etc, and are telling people not to bother to keep the commandments of Christ. They all heading for damnation. Sonship head first.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 22:45
    @rajk999 said
    You are correct. It is quite an irrelevant matter. Jesus preached to many thousands and thousands and they all listened, understood and some obeyed. Many had no clue who he really was.... but they felt in their heart that this man was preaching the right thing. It was all about good works, charitable brotherly love and righteousness living.

Those who obeyed will get eterna ...[text shortened]... t to bother to keep the commandments of Christ. They all heading for damnation. Sonship head first.
    Jesus said he taught with parables so people would not understand. Maybe your Jesus did not intentionally deceive people.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    08 Sep '21 02:251 edit
    @medullah said
    No, I walk into a bookshop where few of those tomes than you have highlights are on display, pick up a bible and look at 83:18

We now (unless it has been reversed) have a "New KJ" version and the name of God has be removed from that too. Go check it out when you are next out shopping, and wander into a bookshop an see for yourself.
    I checked all english translations; only the King James version, and the 1867 John Nelson Darby translation have the word 'Jehovah' instead of 'The Lord' written in Psalm 83:18. All other translations have "The Lord' written. Can you share the problem you have with 'The Lord" instead of 'Jehovah' being written? Is this a religion thing? or something else? Why not one of the 7 other names used for God in the Bible? Thanks for your time.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    08 Sep '21 02:27
    @eladar said
    Jesus said he taught with parables so people would not understand. Maybe your Jesus did not intentionally deceive people.
    Jesus did that because of people like you. Read your Bible and find out.
  14. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    08 Sep '21 08:07
    @eladar said
    Leviticus 20

a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Excerpts from Romans 1:26-27

For this reason God gave them over to degraded passions for their women exchanged natural relations for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise th ...[text shortened]... lity still being sinful and immoral. How do modern people claim to be Christians but deny scripture?
    Do you believe therefore that homosexuals today should be executed?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '21 09:18
    @kingdavid403 said
    Jesus did that because of people like you. Read your Bible and find out.
    Jesus did that for people who are pretty much everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree