1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 02:492 edits
    To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be interesting to learn about, whether it's because the god was benevolent, particularly violent, intelligent, strange, etc.

I've always found Hercules to be interesting, because he's between being man and god. The TV shows and movies don't do his mythology justice; they mainly focus on the superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 09:04
    Originally posted by vivify
    To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be inter ...[text shortened]... superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.
    In the Greek mythos, I always thought the humans were more interesting than the 'gods'.

Odysseus is probably my favorite.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 13:451 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    In the Greek mythos, I always thought the humans were more interesting than the 'gods'.

Interestingly, and I hope you'll forgive me for pointing it out, Odysseus's main 'superpower' according to his Homeric exploits appears to be the ability to lie effectively. Just sayin'...
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 13:53
    To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be inter ...[text shortened]... superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.
    None.
  5. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    None.
    Sorry to bother you sonship. I start a new thread there. I used one of your previous thread.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 14:21
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    Sorry to bother you sonship. I start a new thread there. I used one of your previous thread.
    No problem.

"Other interesting gods" Lord have mercy !!
  7. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 14:33
    I picked up this one If no God - What Meaning?
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 00:15
    I am not a Christian, but I think one worthy use of the term 'God' would be with a Gaian Pantheism.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 00:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Odysseus was a demigod descended from Hermes and the wind god.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 02:43
    What other god/gods could be more interesting than the God of the universe, the Holy one of Israel?

None.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 02:50
    Originally posted by leunammi
    What other god/gods could be more interesting than the God of the universe, the Holy one of Israel? None.
    But the question is not "What other gods are more interesting than your god?". The question is: "What other gods have you learned about that you find interesting?"
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 07:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    But the question is not "What other gods are [b]more interesting than your god?". The question is: "What other gods have you learned about that you find interesting?"[/b]
    There is only one.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 08:06
    Originally posted by leunammi
    There is only one.
    Human history is replete with gods. We humans have probably forgotten all about far more gods that we dreamed up down through the millennia than the number we have managed to record in our history books.
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 12:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Human history is replete with gods. We humans have probably forgotten all about far more gods that we dreamed up down through the millennia than the number we have managed to record in our history books.
    Yes there are other "gods" that have come down throughout history, they are more of an object of worship than anything else... idols and dead at that. If the definition in the OP for God is the creator, master, etc... there is only one and no others.
  15. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 12:091 edit
    There is nothing but lies to learn from "other gods". There is only one true God.
    Edit: BUT, there are other false gods, Lucifer comes to mind, Baal, Bel etc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree