1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 13:57
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Are there any religions that you consider to be true, by true I mean true in the sense of a bonified creator?
    Is a creator really necessary for a religion to be true? When I say I'm an agnostic you can take that generally across all religions.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 14:37
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Is a creator really necessary for a religion to be true? When I say I'm an agnostic you can take that generally across all religions.
    I do not believe a creator is necessary for a religion to be true, many things have been turned in to 'religion'. You can say that those that live in the United States have made a religion out of the NFL, Baseball, Hockey and sports in general. The worship the dollar and materialism is rampant, and wealth can be a form of religion and what is done with it.

I am speaking of God, the one that has created all that is seen and unseen, do you believe it is all by chance?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 15:59
    Originally posted by apathist
    The OT God was into human sacrifice, but most references were weeded out of the scrolls when the Bible was assembled.
    Evidence?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 23:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Evidence?
    Excellent response, whodey. I made three claims:
    1)The OT God was into human sacrifice
    2) but most references were weeded out of the scrolls
    3) when the Bible was assembled.

Which of those do you seek evidence for? I suppose the first one, and if so then clearly the evidence (if such evidence exists) would be found in the rest of the scrolls.

The Bible is important to you, so you should learn about the scrolls. Did you know that Eve was Adam's second wife?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Aug '16 21:44

Which of those do you seek evidence for? I suppose the first one, and if so then clearly the evidence (if such evidence exists) would be found in the rest of the scrolls. ...[text shortened]... ant to you, so you should learn about the scrolls. Did you know that Eve was Adam's second wife?
    Lilleth was the first. She was cast out from " paradise" for not being submissive enough to Adam.
    She is said to be the cause of nocturnal emissions for men wanting to abstain from sex.
    Or so the story goes ....
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 04:391 edit

Which of those do you seek evidence for? I suppose the first one, and if so then clearly the evidence (if such evidence exists) would be found in the rest of the scrolls. ...[text shortened]... ant to you, so you should learn about the scrolls. Did you know that Eve was Adam's second wife?
    You must love conspiracy theories.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Sep '16 11:402 edits
    The Bible is important to you, so you should learn about the scrolls. Did you know that Eve was Adam's second wife?

Maybe in two thousand years some guy will say - "If the US Constitution is important to you, you really need to get busy to learn more about Marvel Comic Books."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree